Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

58 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Which leads me to my own question.

Where do these exotic breed names come from? Are they Latin?

I think a lot of them are but there's also french based ones and other languages. Just whatever the spriter likes. Taking a translated word and adding and removing a few letters until they get a name they like.

A question from Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty thread:

How do you pronounce Zyumorph?

24 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

heh, thanks for asking here too. i was getting her eventually XD 

I don't know about anyone else, but I pronounce it (ooh how to write this...)

Zye-o-morf.

(as in the ye sounds like eye. Zeye...)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

8 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Zye-o-morf.

(as in the ye sounds like eye. Zeye...)

i was also thinking Zigh, like Sigh, but i say it Zigh-you-morf

My o is just any sort of vowel sound, really. I don't dwell on it. Zigh-u-morf is more correct.

(Zigh is a better way to do that syllable though ! thanks !)

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

(Zigh is a better way to do that syllable though ! thanks !)

you're welcome.

the pronunciation was just a curiosity i had

And I pronounce it more like Zigh´-uh-morf. Or would, if I ever had to pronounce it at all, but since no one I know IRL actually plays with these dragons I really have no need. XD

Edited by purplehaze

59 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

since no one I know IRL actually plays with these dragons I really have no need. XD

yeah, i get that.... i'm the same way. sometimes i plot dragony plans in my head, and i might say them out loud....

... yep.

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I pronounce it Zyu-morph (two syllables)

The first syllable rhymes with you (or two) but I'm not sure how you would spell that phonetically

18 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

The first syllable rhymes with you (or two) but I'm not sure how you would spell that phonetically

like Zoo, maybe? Zoo-morf

22 minutes ago, trystan said:

like Zoo, maybe? Zoo-morf

Sort of but with a y sound in between the Z and oo, like Zyoo-morf

On a side note I'm finding the different ways that people pronounce Zyumorph fascinating

Edited by Chaos Rider

1 minute ago, Chaos Rider said:

On a side note I'm finding the different ways that people pronounce Zyumorph fascinating

it's kinda fun, isn't it!

i'm not gonna lie, finding out the way that some of you say zyumorph is weirding me out XD i say it the same way chaosrider. very interesting!

i have a question that im not sure if anyones gonna know the answer to, but worth a shot of throwing it out there anyway :P

i lurk in the wilderness sometimes (especially if ive just released something), and on occasion i see these little fogballs

image.png.557eb1d1f2b2e3942488e2dcdd0618d8.png

ive seen a few of them and hovered over them to find different codes (cQ1I, RjPp, k4cL... theres probably more..?)
does anyone know what these are? what causes them? i does is have to know XD 

7 hours ago, InvaderAlexis said:

i'm not gonna lie, finding out the way that some of you say zyumorph is weirding me out XD

Wait until you hear me say Tsee-oo-morf!  :lol: 

(I never actually said that IRL, but I think that's how I would pronounce it.)

Just to add to the silliness, in my head I pronounce it zoo-oh-morf. No idea why and never questioned it until now. XD

38 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

Wait until you hear me say Tsee-oo-morf!  :lol: 

(I never actually said that IRL, but I think that's how I would pronounce it.)

Wouldn't that be tsigh ?

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Wouldn't that be tsigh ?

Nay. In German language you would pronounce th Z like ts and y like ee. And Confused Cat is from one the German-speaking countries :)

For some strange reason, unbeknownst even to myself, in my brain, "CB" goes like "kay bay" - luckily I never actually need to say anything DC-related out loud. (On the other hand, DC is Dee See.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes
frozen finger letter swap

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Nay. In German language you would pronounce th Z like ts and y like ee. And Confused Cat is from one the German-speaking countries :)

For some strange reason, unbeknownst even to myself, in my brain, "CB" goes like "kay bay" - luckily I never actually need to say anything DC-related out loud. (On the other hand, DC is Dee See.)

Zwar ! (but Day Tzay !)

My apologies to Cat.

Like others, I'm getting "You expected to see some eggs, but there are none to be found." in each biome. Is there a release event occurring?

Also, is it possible to change my scroll name? I'm not too keen on keeping this one.

Edited by Dark_Necros

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

luckily I never actually need to say anything DC-related out loud.

oh yeah, me too... but sometimes i DO say things out loud as i'm plotting stuff.... -_- 

30 minutes ago, Dark_Necros said:

Like others, I'm getting "You expected to see some eggs, but there are none to be found." in each biome. Is there a release event occurring?

Also, is it possible to change my scroll name? I'm not too keen on keeping this one.

Yes, there is. There is a thread in the News section about it. Two new breeds. 

It's never been possible to change your scroll name, but TJ recently said it's going to be possible soon. No idea exactly when.

On 3/25/2021 at 9:08 AM, Jazeki said:

Do sinomorphs produce stateraes?

Any xeno can produce a staterae, but the odds are extremely low, below 1/100 (source: my several attempts of breeding several hundred xenos to holidays/rares/celestials and getting 0 to 2 stats per massbreed). I believe staterae mates are more likely to make more staterae, but that's still probably a 1/13 odds or less. Parent biome is a factor in whether a pair can produce specific biome-based xenos, but any biome (or no biome) can still make stateraes.

Edited by Shadowdrake

3 hours ago, Dark_Necros said:

New release eggs will be the only things dropping in the biomes at first and they are usually snapped up very, very fast. Like the 5 minute drops are over in a few seconds. When the eggs are all gone you will get that message, but if you try again on the 5 minute marks or the top of the hour, there will be eggs again. After some time the new eggs will begin mixing with older breeds and things will be pretty much back to normal.

How does an ER egg manage to get sick (when not a Sunrise/set)? Isn't sickness from too many views for its age and ER is not enough views for its age?