Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Keep in mind the wiki isn't official, so you have to take anything it says with a grain of salt - it's just as much user speculation as this is.

I have a question regarding the raffle.

I am going to be gone on a trip with my family from the 25-3.... during which time the raffle will be drawn. DO winners need to claim their winnings ASAP, once their name is drawn? Or do they have some time to do so? I would hate, in the admittedly UNLIKELY event that I be drawn, to NOT get my prize because I was off camping.

Edited by JavaTigress

3 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

I have a question regarding the raffle.

I am going to be gone on a trip with my family from the 25-3.... during which time the raffle will be drawn. DO winners need to claim their winnings ASAP, once their name is drawn? Or do they have some time to do so? I would hate, in the admittedly UNLIKELY event that I be drawn, to NOT get my prize because I was off camping.

There will be a button to claim your prize which stays around for a month, until the next raffle is drawn. Unless your trip is extended way longer than expected there shouldn't be any issues.

4 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

There will be a button to claim your prize which stays around for a month, until the next raffle is drawn. Unless your trip is extended way longer than expected there shouldn't be any issues.

Mk! Thankee. As I said, UNLIKELY, but you never know!

I've been at DC for over 10 years on and off but im not very social, so I still don't understand some things. Could anybody explain how SAs work? How and who gets them, do they exist for all the breeds or just some, etc

17 minutes ago, painless_j said:

I've been at DC for over 10 years on and off but im not very social, so I still don't understand some things. Could anybody explain how SAs work? How and who gets them, do they exist for all the breeds or just some, etc

Spriter alts belong to spriters/some concept creators. Only holiday breeds and prizes have them as thanks for their hard work. You can get offspring from them, but they will only be normal versions like regular users have. 

ETA: example of alt and offspring https://dragcave.net/lineage/iULlQ

Edited by Jazeki

4 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Spriter alts belong to spriters/some concept creators. Only holiday breeds and prizes have them as thanks for their hard work. You can get offspring from them, but they will only be normal versions like regular users have. 

ETA: example of alt and offspring https://dragcave.net/lineage/iULlQ

Oh, I see. Thank you for explaining

On 9/20/2019 at 6:58 PM, meruru said:

exactly, it's not that of a big deal if they permanently stay in forest but, shouldn't we fix something if it's broken? if they supposed to be switching from biome every hour i mean.

they are still only in forest :(

@meruru

They are in Volcano right now this minute.... So - no glitch :)

I apologise I'm so uncultured, but... What is ARK? I've seen the badge in people's sigs for yeeears but never any actual information on what it is...

31 minutes ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

I apologise I'm so uncultured, but... What is ARK? I've seen the badge in people's sigs for yeeears but never any actual information on what it is...

Acts of Random Kindness, it's basically just a nice way to show when people go out of their way to be nice/helpful/etc on the forum. If you have an instance of someone else doing something randomly kind that you think should be recognized, you PM the ARK account with the specifics. Things like randomly gifting you a dragon you hadn't specifically asked for, returning an auto-abandoned egg without being asked, going out of their way to help or encourage a newer user, etc. There is more specifics and better explanation of what qualifies in the official thread.

10 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Acts of Random Kindness, it's basically just a nice way to show when people go out of their way to be nice/helpful/etc on the forum. If you have an instance of someone else doing something randomly kind that you think should be recognized, you PM the ARK account with the specifics. Things like randomly gifting you a dragon you hadn't specifically asked for, returning an auto-abandoned egg without being asked, going out of their way to help or encourage a newer user, etc. There is more specifics and better explanation of what qualifies in the official thread.

Aww okay thank you!! That's a really nice community haha :3

What commons look nice checkered with male purples? I want to make a checker with purples but I have no idea what to pair them with... :lol:

Thunders - not common enough maybe...?

https://dragcave.net/lineage/aYE2f 

Ridgewings, especially tans:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/tUwSn 

Rosebuds are common in season: https://dragcave.net/lineage/DK75T  

Flamingoes: https://dragcave.net/lineage/iH7SQ 

Edited by Fuzzbucket

13 hours ago, Aqub said:

What commons look nice checkered with male purples? I want to make a checker with purples but I have no idea what to pair them with... :lol:

I like them with female Waterhorses: https://dragcave.net/lineage/XyKI0

Whenever I breed (or attempting to breed) Lineages, I like colors that look good together. 

I know these aren't Purple x Something checkers, but it could give you an idea with another purple colored dragon Aether x Aeria  <- lineage I am working on.

Edited by ComatosedRoses

hey! rp question: if i'm to just flesh out the lore and character around myself would i put it in freeform or og works? im not looking to rp with a person, but im also technically rping in a sense.... it's going to talk about our house and the keeper and dragons that live there rather than interaction

I can not recall, if a dragon avoids the knife does that mean it can never be killed or if you keep trying eventually it can be?

4 minutes ago, Merenwen said:

I can not recall, if a dragon avoids the knife does that mean it can never be killed or if you keep trying eventually it can be?

I think it cannot be killed for another 24 hours, then you can try again.

That means it is possible to kill it once exactly 24 hours since the first attempt of killing was made it can be eventually killed. I tried to make Undeads out of specific individuals and they dodged a lot. Not sure if the killing attempt goes into our action log or not. I have no dragon that i want to get rid right now.

Thank you! Just knowing it eventually will succumb to the blade is good enough. It has been a dodgy fellow for sure. Will keep perfecting my aim LOL

5 hours ago, Tigerkralle said:

That means it is possible to kill it once exactly 24 hours since the first attempt of killing was made it can be eventually killed. I tried to make Undeads out of specific individuals and they dodged a lot. Not sure if the killing attempt goes into our action log or not. I have no dragon that i want to get rid right now.

I thought it was after midnight cave time, not a full 24 necessarily?