Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

18 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Oh I am. I am leaving it to die. I just wanted to make sure it DOES.

It certainly does. No matter what stats it has, it needs at least one more view in order to grow up. Fogging prevents that from happening.

Mwahahaha EVIL me ! Thanks heaps, all.

On 10/6/2019 at 2:50 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't THINK that's permitted. @LadyLyzar @purpledragonclaw - can you clarfy ?

This is something the mod team has discussed.

Adding "PM me on the forums / Discord" is fine on the Hub as long as you have your wants listed also.  That message is largely useless by itself.

That being said, we don't recommend it as it likely limits your audience.  From observation, most players (myself included) find taking extra steps annoying and would rather browse what's in front of us.

If you want to trade on the forum, post it there.  Same goes for Discord and the Hub.  There's nothing wrong with posting it in all three places if you want to, provided you're abiding by all the rules of each.

I hope this helps.

So is it allowed to ask for a specific egg off another user's scroll in the Trade Hub or not? I ask because people have been doing it nonstop since last night--like 30% of the top trades are just asking this one person to trade his or her egg with them. Is that ok now as long as you don't use the other person's actual scroll name?

2 hours ago, tjekan said:

So is it allowed to ask for a specific egg off another user's scroll in the Trade Hub or not? I ask because people have been doing it nonstop since last night--like 30% of the top trades are just asking this one person to trade his or her egg with them. Is that ok now as long as you don't use the other person's actual scroll name?

No, I don't think that is okay. I haven't been in the hub all day, but I just looked through the first 5 pages and didn't see what you describe, so maybe they have been removed?

If I saw that I'd report it - and then if it is against the rules Action would be Taken....

Everyone is looking for a specific yellow zyu prizefail. They don't name the person who has it or give its code, but they give its parents and the date it was born. They keep offering neglected dragons, multiple CB golds, and other expensive things for it and only it. At the time I posted earlier, 3 of the top 9 trades were asking for it, it's really hard to miss.
But maybe because the name and code weren't given, this is okay?

1 minute ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If I saw that I'd report it - and then if it is against the rules Action would be Taken....

Geez, I don't want to get people in trouble, I just wanted to know if the rules have changed...!

Edited by tjekan

I see what you mean - they are still up here.... But I agree - it doesn't look as reportable as I thought when I saw your post. It's amazing, though :blink: THIRTEEN up there.

Wait - two  three of them name the prize. That's NOT OK.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I thought for sure it must have some amazing code like "Draco" or something, but I clicked through to it out of curiosity (it's easy to find with the date and parent names and all), and it's not. Maybe it's a bet or something, LOL. I don't know that it's a good thing having so many trades that are solely aimed at one person, especially when they're such nice stuff and everyone else knows they can never participate, but I sure don't think anyone should be banned for it, I just wondered what the heck, you know?

Edited by tjekan

I see them now, too -- since I searched "wants" for zyu. I still think it is highly questionable whether it is allowed, especially the ones that mention the parent's name. One does wonder what set off all the excitement, though.

It also looks as though it as originally autoed; I followed it through. I'd LIKE to think a lot of those asking for it are trying to return  it to its original owner-  there ar some players I would have thought just the type to try and do that to help out.

Still weird that a bidding war sprang up though. If the original breeder wanted it back they could just PM the person, their name is showing on the egg. Instead everyone seems to be competing to be the one to retrieve it LOL.

Anyway I was just looking for rules clarification, not judging anyone else's playstyle here, if people want to have bidding wars over specific eggs it's no skin off my nose...

The parent is renamed read your PMs I will pay heaps, or something. They want it back...

Well, if they sent them PMs already and the person isn't responding then there's nothing else they can do... the person knows the breeder wants it back, it's up to them now.

MK... I read somewhere that killing too many dragons used to get one's scroll burned. Is that true?

More tot he point, is it STILL true?

I was thinking about attempting to make myself some zombies this Halloween, but certainly NOT if it would jeopardize the rest of my lovelies in any way!

It was at least rumored to be true in the past, but now there is a kill limit, so you can only kill 5 and then no more for two weeks. People are killing up to their limit quite often in the attempt to make Zombies. No scrolls are being burned.

Is it just me or do some of the eggs in the market have 6 digit codes instead of 5? Are we finally adding to the code limit?

18 hours ago, tjekan said:

No, this is NOT acceptable.  That is harassment.

Trades should be applicable to all users, which is why mentioning a specific user is not allowed.  This is a backhanded way of doing the same thing - singling out a specific dragon instead of a specific user.

It stinks the egg abandoned, but that is part of the game, and since this is a bred egg, another can be produced.  The egg belongs to the person who picked it up and spamming trades for it is harassment.  If they want to trade it, they will do so.

Is Ward still effective if the egg leaves your scroll within the 6 hour window? 

Well they are still up there - two naming the prize parent

Well, I just found a trade that wanted a 2nd gen altkin only from one kind of SA - so there's only one possible trading partner...

If you want to trade with person X and only person X, please contact them directly instead of using the trading hub. If they don't accept breeding/trading requests, it should tell you something.

Edited by olympe

I remember there being a topic to help people writing descriptions for corrections or suggestions. Is it gone? I can't seem to find it.