Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I don't think he's posted anything that explicitly says "thuwed requests are officially over forever", but TJ has stated on the Discord "I'm not doing requests, just breeding to the AP," and the existing line about checking back to request an egg was left in the page by accident when the request form was taken out.

He has also raffled a few on the official discord could be more in future 

Edited by Tish

Talking about weirdness in the cave (AP situation) I looked down the page and it says 4011 users online.  I don't think I've ever seen that many at once in a holiday release. :blink:

edit:  it now reads 4723 users online.

Edited by Dracaena

57 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

Talking about weirdness in the cave (AP situation) I looked down the page and it says 4011 users online.  I don't think I've ever seen that many at once in a holiday release. :blink:

edit:  it now reads 4723 users online.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who found that strange. I know that time differences factor in, but 30 people have been camping in the desert biome for the last hour. Usually there's not even 5 at this time of day. I only remember seeing that many during a release. It's just a little odd.

5 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who found that strange. I know that time differences factor in, but 30 people have been camping in the desert biome for the last hour. Usually there's not even 5 at this time of day. I only remember seeing that many during a release. It's just a little odd.

Maybe it's all the people who missed the release last week and thought it would be today?

As for the weird user count, TJ said on the official Dragon Cave server on Discord that it "doesn't seem right", so presumably it is a bug and he is already aware of it. :3

Is there a thread or list anywhere with general trading values? Like if a CB X is equivalent in value to a CB Y.

Edit: Thanks! Shame there's no rough guide, I guess I'll just keep observing to get a better feel for it.

Edited by cbussiere

Just now, cbussiere said:

Is there a thread or list anywhere with general trading values? Like if a CB X is equivalent in value to a CB Y.

Yes, there's a discussion thread here.

No definitive list or anything, because it's all so subjective between players. :)

My aeons look different today, or maybe I didn't notice it before? Did their sprite get updated? Or am I becoming crazy(ier)? 😂

2 hours ago, Naughtrish said:

My aeons look different today, or maybe I didn't notice it before? Did their sprite get updated? Or am I becoming crazy(ier)? 😂

Did you use their BSA recently? Their markings glow for a week after their ability has been used.

9 minutes ago, Mewtie said:

Did you use their BSA recently? Their markings glow for a week after their ability has been used.

Ahh then that's it, I hadn't noticed it before. Thank you!

How do you use the actions like Precognition or Earthquake? It doesn't give me an option to do so....

7 minutes ago, DeathPhoenix said:

How do you use the actions like Precognition or Earthquake? It doesn't give me an option to do so....

Do you have the dragons that have the BSAs? Aeons do precognition, and green dragons do earthquake. You go to their actions pages to use them. 

3 hours ago, DeathPhoenix said:

Out of curiosity, does the help page for those actions not sufficiently explain it? If you weren't aware of that page, what things did you try? I'd like to ensure there's no obvious missed opportunity to improve.

The help page doesn't actually SAY,  in words, which dragons you need to do the various actions. There's pictures - but maybe that isn't as self explanatory as one might have thought !

But yes, @DeathPhoenix doesn't have the dragons required.

Crossposting from the raffle thread since I figure I should ask a mod.

Does anyone know if there's a delay with updating your raffle requirements? I got the 3 dragons just in time, and they grew up last night. Thought I made it, but my raffle page won't let me enter. Double checked and they are all from the coast. Thought maybe pygmies didn't count, but one was western and it still says 0/3.

image.png.e444308c63ecafc1aefaa795f48acce9.png

image.png.de5de7279d3ad6cadc5553c1d29c792e.png
One Pyralspite and two Kovos pygmies. ._.

Edit: I've been informed that the August raffle started today. I'd strongly suggest updating the raffle's wording to indicate that the last day of the month doesn't count. Right now it says "On the last day of the month, winners will be drawn from all entries" but that made me assume the drawing occurs at midnight between the two months since, well, a digital raffle doesn't require a full day to draw winners.

Edited by cbussiere

1 hour ago, cbussiere said:

Crossposting from the raffle thread since I figure I should ask a mod.

Edit: I've been informed that the August raffle started today. I'd strongly suggest updating the raffle's wording to indicate that the last day of the month doesn't count. Right now it says "On the last day of the month, winners will be drawn from all entries" but that made me assume the drawing occurs at midnight between the two months since, well, a digital raffle doesn't require a full day to draw winners.

Am I understanding it correctly that you collected the dragons for the July 31 raffle, but when you wanted to enter, the drawing had already occurred? I think the page says, after having entered, to check back on the last day of the month at approximately 3 AM, but I currently can't find it stated anywhere else on the site. Maybe if the time was added to the text at the top or after "Next Drawing", rather than being just in the message after having entered, such confusion could be avoided? (Or is it indeed the entire last day that no longer counts?)

Edited by Mewtie

The raffle page before you have entered just says

Next Drawing

Aug 31, 2019

It would help avoid confusion like this if there was a time added, since a lot of people probably assume that the whole day would count.

Just add

Next Drawing

Aug 31, 2019, 3:00 am (or whatever the cutoff time actually is)

Is ability heartqueke still works? What is it chance of success?

I just tried it 15 times and it didn't work a single time (not hatch nor kill) any of my 3 eggs

I believe for EQ to work you have to have some eggs cracking??

I just bought a new laptop and DC sprites and images (the big Dragon Cave banner) are showing up super blurry and I don't know how to fix this. Help?

5 hours ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

I just bought a new laptop and DC sprites and images (the big Dragon Cave banner) are showing up super blurry and I don't know how to fix this. Help?

Could be a zoom issue. Try [CTRL]+[0] (zero) to reset it?

On 7/31/2019 at 10:42 AM, purplehaze said:

The raffle page before you have entered just says

Next Drawing

Aug 31, 2019

It would help avoid confusion like this if there was a time added, since a lot of people probably assume that the whole day would count.

Just add

Next Drawing

Aug 31, 2019, 3:00 am (or whatever the cutoff time actually is)

Regardless of exactly when the next drawing is, if the previous drawing’s winners have been chosen, many assume anything raised from that point forward will count toward the new raffle. At least, I assumed this.

This includes if the “previous month” isn’t over. If I see the words “Sorry, you were not selected...” or anything indicating the previous raffle is over, I think that the current raffle is now underway. It doesn’t state that I have to wait until August to begin raising dragons for the raffle.

I have assumed in the past that once the previous raffle is over, any dragons I am currently raising count toward the new raffle goals, even if it is the tail end of the month.

28 minutes ago, missy_ said:

It doesn’t state that I have to wait until August to begin raising dragons for the raffle.

Do you indeed have to, though?

@missy_, @Mewtie

No, you don't have to wait for the new month to start collecting. I've already completed the assignment, and June's (I think) was done within hours of the new raffle entries being possible - which was still the last day of the month before. What has to happen, though, is that you need to raise the correct kind of dragon. This month, it's dragons from the coast - that means CB dragons from the coast biome. All you have to do to succeed is raise them from hatchi-hood to adulthood.