Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

13 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

This existed for a few of the past holidays, for the new release to help add more of the new breed to the cave even for people who are busy elsewhere during the holiday drop days.

Ruby Eyes, thank you! This could be what I was remembering. 

Is trading dragons for other adoptable site's pets forbidden? I tenuously remember something like that, but can't find anywhere official where this is referenced. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Charybdis said:

Is trading dragons for other adoptable site's pets forbidden? I tenuously remember something like that, but can't find anywhere official where this is referenced. Thanks!

Yes. From the terms, which are at the bottom of every page:

“Buying” Eggs/Hatchlings/Dragons

Exchanging any sort of third-party currency—real or virtual—for eggs, hatchlings, or dragons is expressly forbidden.

Has anyone else noticed an issue with the encylopedia tallying observes/raises for info unlocks? I just filled out the adult req'ments I had for "Arcana" and it counted the observed adults and has now rolled the stat req'ment to: raise "x#" hatchlings, or observe "x#" hatchlings.

But I just viewed 6 adult "Carina", as it's entry says I need to raise OR observe 1 adult, and none of the info looks new and my counter still says I need to raise or observe 1 more.

Is there a limit on dragons that count for observing-vs-raising per day or something?

Thanks for any insight or help.

1 hour ago, Kenoma said:

I just filled out the adult req'ments I had for "Arcana" and it counted the observed adults and has now rolled the stat req'ment to: raise "x#" hatchlings, or observe "x#" hatchlings.

Each factoid needs a specific number of adult or hatchling obsevations/raisings. Every time you fulfill one requirement, you'll get the factoid and can work to unlocking the next. It has always worked that way.

1 hour ago, Kenoma said:

Is there a limit on dragons that count for observing-vs-raising per day or something?

The only limit is that you can observe each individual dragon/creature only once every 30 days. If you think it didn't count your observation, go to the dragon's lineage page and click the image from there, that usually works.

Thank you @Ruby Eyes. Maybe I just managed to miss the new factoid on the Carinas then 😅, I remembered the every 30 days rule, just -as my confusion prolly shows- couldn't remember if there were others.

On 7/5/2019 at 6:19 PM, Dracaena said:

Prize dragon raffle seems a little wonky.  I have two grown rift dragons from coast but my raffle entry counter is reading 1/3.  :dry:  38w0V  d7mId

On 7/10/2019 at 11:42 PM, Dracaena said:

It's still bugged.  Had two avea dragons from coast grow up this evening and the counter only counted one.  Now standing at 2/3. :angry: Piz9A rfL0f

The saga continues.  Had a coastal waverunner grow up yesterday rnkA1 that I just now realized.  There was NO notification I had qualified to enter raffle like we have become accustomed to.  Almost lost the fact I was still trying to get entered in the raffle with the new release excitement.  Raffle qualifying notifications are broken now too?

Where do I go to see dragons to open them up on the encyclopedia? 

13 minutes ago, Bigbite said:

Where do I go to see dragons to open them up on the encyclopedia? 

There's an Encyclopedia Helpers thread in Site Discussion. Hatcheries are good for clicking hatchies and eggs.

Edited by Lagie
Adding link...

2 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Ugh it's been a while... how do I make an image in my sig link to something?

double click or double tap image and a menu should pop up with a field for a link.

Has anyone caught any of the "glowing in the shadows" eggs in the jungle since the release day ? (Not that I even saw them there then....)

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Has anyone caught any of the "glowing in the shadows" eggs in the jungle since the release day ? (Not that I even saw them there then....)

Were they ever there? I thought it was only the pygmies that were in the jungle and forest and that those "glowing in the shadows" were only in the forest. But I was late to the party, so...

Edited by purplehaze

That would explain.... ! Thanks !

Hey, anyone notice the funkiness going on with the AP? The eggs are no longer in order based on how much time they have left, least to greatest, but they're mixed. I see eggs with 3d 2h left at the bottom with 4d 3h & mostly 3d 11 h to 3d 18 hr mostly at the top.

I don't mind it so much, it may give me a chance to grab the new release eggs with 7/21 date & it's interesting.

26 minutes ago, priscel said:

Hey, anyone notice the funkiness going on with the AP? The eggs are no longer in order based on how much time they have left, least to greatest, but they're mixed. I see eggs with 3d 2h left at the bottom with 4d 3h & mostly 3d 11 h to 3d 18 hr mostly at the top.

I don't mind it so much, it may give me a chance to grab the new release eggs with 7/21 date & it's interesting.

I've noticed that too, I thought about posting about it but then thought maybe I'd misunderstood how the eggs normally sorted? But yeah, the times aren't in order. Right now the bottom eggs are at 4d1h, but every few refreshes a 3d-something will be in that area. 

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I've noticed that too, I thought about posting about it but then thought maybe I'd misunderstood how the eggs normally sorted? But yeah, the times aren't in order. Right now the bottom eggs are at 4d1h, but every few refreshes a 3d-something will be in that area. 

Yep yep! Exactly :)  Thanks for confirming that there isn't something wrong with my computer :D  No problems other than that change

I was wondering about the AP time phenomenon, too, but right now I noticed another apparent change related to egg times.

It looks like the API now returns the same "time left" that we see on the dragon's view page, instead of 30 minutes lower. I just tried to ER an egg that would be able to hatch in less than 30 minutes, but the hatcheries still display it as 4d 1h and won't let me ER it.  :(  (Yes, the time on the view page always rounds up so it would be 4d 1h even if it's actually 4 days and 3 minutes, but the time displayed by hatcheries used to be different and would have been 4d 0h in this case.)

If that change is intended and meant to stay, I'll really miss that "30 minute difference feature", but it is logical to make the API give the same information as the view page.

Looks like the AP has returned to "normal"?

On 7/23/2019 at 12:52 AM, Shadowdrake said:

double click or double tap image and a menu should pop up with a field for a link.

Thankee!

About Zombies. Best created at night, ideally on 31st.

What TIME of night - as in  it is night cave time when I get up in the morning, and zombies are showing on my scroll. When I get up on 31st, it will be 4 am cave time. If I have to wait till 11.59 pm cave time on 31st - that's past my bedtime, and also no longer 31st - but the wiki says 12 am to 6 am....

I live in hope of a success. Some day. Somewhere.... Advice, pliss....

11 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

About Zombies. Best created at night, ideally on 31st.

What TIME of night - as in  it is night cave time when I get up in the morning, and zombies are showing on my scroll. When I get up on 31st, it will be 4 am cave time. If I have to wait till 11.59 pm cave time on 31st - that's past my bedtime, and also no longer 31st - but the wiki says 12 am to 6 am....

I live in hope of a success. Some day. Somewhere.... Advice, pliss....

It's not certain if doing at night or day actually makes a difference on the 31sts, but if you want night time on the 31st you have to get it in the first 6 hours of the day. So if you do it right as you wake that's 4 am and night time. After all, 4 am is between 12am and 6 am.

Thanks; good luck me, she said optimistically !

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Thanks; good luck me, she said optimistically !

My lone success was at 11 p.m. one random night earlier this month. ;)

I think TJ said (years ago) that there were 4 layers of zombie success probability. Since the ones we know ("day time" < "night time" < "31st all day" < "Halloween all day") are already four things, there is no room for an additional differentiation between day and night on the 31st.

(I remember trying to find his post a while ago, but I don't remember if I succeeded... XD )