Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

11 pm Lagie-time is something like 3 am for me. NOT going to happen !

13 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

I think TJ said (years ago) that there were 4 layers of zombie success probability. Since the ones we know ("day time" < "night time" < "31st all day" < "Halloween all day") are already four things, there is no room for an additional differentiation between day and night on the 31st.

(I remember trying to find his post a while ago, but I don't remember if I succeeded... XD )

There are five distinct tiers: The four you mentioned, but also one in between "31st" and "Halloween" during all Halloween breeding. There is currently no overlap between tiers, though I've thought about adding "night time" as a bonus on top of all of the other tiers (instead of just being its own level).

I can't seem to log into the forums anonymously is anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if it's on my end or not 🤔

Edited by Tish

28 minutes ago, Tish said:

I can't seem to log into the forums anonymously is anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if it's on my end or not 🤔

You are not alone. Not that I have tried but I know someone else having the same issue.

1 hour ago, Tish said:

have been wondering the same thing since Monday .. after the most recent update

cannot be a stealth communicator if you can see me ... lol

Yep, I've noticed the change too. I prefer being anonymous because I just stay logged on in a background tab 24/7. Now it looks like I'm online when I'm really asleep or working. 

2 hours ago, Tish said:

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

You are not alone. Not that I have tried but I know someone else having the same issue.

49 minutes ago, orphaned said:

have been wondering the same thing since Monday .. after the most recent update

cannot be a stealth communicator if you can see me ... lol

42 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

Yep, I've noticed the change too. I prefer being anonymous because I just stay logged on in a background tab 24/7. Now it looks like I'm online when I'm really asleep or working. 

I believe you actually are logged in anonymously. The indicator on the "Recently Browsing" section is a custom addition that tends to break whenever the forums are upgraded.

4 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

I believe you actually are logged in anonymously. The indicator on the "Recently Browsing" section is a custom addition that tends to break whenever the forums are upgraded.

oh... thank you

BUT  when I check my profile page ... under last visited ... it reads   Just now     hmmm

1 hour ago, orphaned said:

oh... thank you

BUT  when I check my profile page ... under last visited ... it reads   Just now     hmmm

This is why I was thinking it wasn't working too. It says you were active 12 minutes ago so others seem to be able to see that.

3 minutes ago, Tish said:

This is why I was thinking it wasn't working too. It says you were active 12 minutes ago so others seem to be able to see that.

yup ... weird  .. but Lagie said to me ..

" And, if it helps, I do not see you on the 'active right now' user list. "

I just checked and your name does not appear either ....    :rolleyes:

I just double-checked and it seems it's not showing me as logged in anonymously either? I was pretty sure I was, but just to make sure I logged out and then logged back in, making sure to check that box... 15 minutes later I checked my profile and it says 'Just now' for the 'last visited'. @TJ09 is there a way you can check to see if the forum is actually logging us as anonymous, or if the anonymous isn't sticking or something?

If I check the members list, I see several people listed as logged in anonymously (including some of the people posting here). so as far as I can tell there are actual anonymous logins happening. I also see that I am currently logged in anonymously, but the "last active" is indeed updating.

One of the patch notes for the recent update involves "Improved anonymous log in tracking to fix 'Since my last visit' not working"—I suspect that the "last visited" thing was intentionally changed as part of that.

In such a case, anonymous login does no longer acts as if you've never visited the forums (which is perhaps for the better, given I've seen confusion around people believing that a person is inactive because their profile said they haven't visited in a year), but still does not reveal exactly when you're online or what you're viewing.

Um, I have a question...

I used the "hell" word on the trading hub.  I was in a mood then, and I did regret that wording, so I canceled the trade. And so I know why I've been blocked from public trades now.  My question is about  the word at the end of the trade restriction message.  Forever?  Is this really true, or will trading rights be restored after an undisclosed time.  I hope one word doesn't give an eternal punishment.  

Screenshot_20190727-081158.thumb.png.82a6ff9dee6d9904abdae29ee9ccf61d.png

Unless you were actively rude, saying "hell" shouldn't do... uh, anything. It's allowed in dragon names, descriptions, the forums, etc-- it seems inconsistent. I'd talk to TJ or a mod.

11 minutes ago, Keileon said:

Unless you were actively rude, saying "hell" shouldn't do... uh, anything. It's allowed in dragon names, descriptions, the forums, etc-- it seems inconsistent. I'd talk to TJ or a mod.

Actually, my wording was:

"CB Luminox, so you better beg like hell..."

Yeah, it was during the height of a New Release frenzy, hence the stupidity.🤔

Forever does mean that, unfortunately, yes. After repeated offenses, it does eventually become permanent. You're welcome to PM a mod if you have questions. (and yes Keileon is correct, it was the wording).

Ah, so sad.😥

But I won't be overly stressed about it.  I still have the trading forums and Discord. 

One note though, there should definitely be a meter for trading infractions.  At least others would have a visual gauge to go by.  It might help them reconsider there actions before doing something stupid, like me.  Oh well...

16 hours ago, TJ09 said:

In such a case, anonymous login does no longer acts as if you've never visited the forums (which is perhaps for the better, given I've seen confusion around people believing that a person is inactive because their profile said they haven't visited in a year), but still does not reveal exactly when you're online or what you're viewing.

Except that when someone is stalking one's profile to check when they are online, the "last visited" thing is a direct giveaway.

Could it say something less specific instead, like "less than a day ago" or somesuch?

7 hours ago, jerzeeshadow said:

Ah, so sad.😥

But I won't be overly stressed about it.  I still have the trading forums and Discord. 

One note though, there should definitely be a meter for trading infractions.  At least others would have a visual gauge to go by.  It might help them reconsider there actions before doing something stupid, like me.  Oh well...

Hmmm...I wonder WHY we DON't have a meter or some such like that, actually, we DO have the ability to see our warn level on the forums, here, for example. I would think that something like that ought to go for the market, too... especially given that we CAN be permabanned. A possible subject for a suggestion thread, perhaps?

Edited by JavaTigress

Hey! What's the deal with thuweds? I've gone on the https://dragcave.net/thuwed page before and it said requests were closed. it doesn't say that anymore so... does that mean it's open? If yes, how does one request a thuwed child? Thanks to anyone who answers this question! :D

When requests are open there are check boxes you can use to select what you would like to get. It has been a long time (years?) since we have seen that.

10 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

When requests are open there are check boxes you can use to select what you would like to get. It has been a long time (years?) since we have seen that.

There used to be a line saying breeding is closed, please check back. That line is now gone. I think @TJ09 now drops to the AP...

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

There used to be a line saying breeding is closed, please check back. That line is now gone. I think @TJ09 now drops to the AP...

Yeah, I hadn't checked the page recently, but I do know that there have been several times lately that he has just bred and dropped to the AP.

26 minutes ago, Solaries said:

So, is it no longer possible to request for a 2g Thuwed?

Apparently not. The list has not been open for a very long time. Whether this is permanent or temporary, only TJ could say.