Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

18 minutes ago, smartster4 said:

I hope this is the right place to post this, but is there any official info on which biomes Rifts and Aveas can be found in? The encyclopedia entry keeps changing? I thought Rifts were all biomes and Aveas were only coast, forest, and jungle?

I've seen aveas in the alpine today.

1 hour ago, smartster4 said:

I hope this is the right place to post this, but is there any official info on which biomes Rifts and Aveas can be found in? The encyclopedia entry keeps changing? I thought Rifts were all biomes and Aveas were only coast, forest, and jungle?

Rifts are found in all biomes, but the biomes they are in rotate, so they are not in all biomes at once. They are found in the coast all the time, I believe and usually in one other biome. Aveas appear to rotate between different biomes as well, but I'm not sure how many.

Edited by purplehaze

On 7/5/2019 at 6:19 PM, Dracaena said:

Prize dragon raffle seems a little wonky.  I have two grown rift dragons from coast but my raffle entry counter is reading 1/3.  :dry:  38w0V  d7mId

It's still bugged.  Had two avea dragons from coast grow up this evening and the counter only counted one.  Now standing at 2/3. :angry: Piz9A rfL0f

15 hours ago, Tawanda001 said:

Oh, well, I guess that means even though the actions still appear to be available they would be useless to attempt then. Good to know about the two week window so i can properly come up with a new strategy now. Thank you very much for the info!

Huh. 2 weeks after death, actions like Revive should actually not be available anymore. If you can find their codes through the log, did you go to their page and try to use any of those actions?

I actually managed ONCE. It was a month old. It disintegrated anyway. I do have codes for a load of old ones - they bring up the tombstone, but when I go for actions, I get You search, but are unable to find the creature you’re looking for.

31 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I actually managed ONCE. It was a month old. It disintegrated anyway.

It was actually possible until a few years ago: https://dragcave.net/view/pQrrP.

I think it stopped working when TJ fixed something about dead adults and them still counting for stuff?

How do people make lineage mockups without the use of sites like HoB? This feels like a silly question but I really don't know

Edited by The Dragoness
Autocorrect

When submitting art into the “Dragon Request” forum, does the contract of exclusivity also imply that I am not allowed to post my sketches or work in progress on any social media accounts (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)?

Did there used to be a forum thread or group that focused on catching CB eggs from the biomes and then releasing them into the AP? Might have been called Caveblockers or something? If that thread still exists, can someone point me there? Thanks. :)

On 7/10/2019 at 8:37 AM, Merenwen said:

AP hunting and I came across this little beauty https://dragcave.net/lineage/QfzRy

which unlocked in the market area. I just assumed that since market can not be traded that also meant can not be abandoned.

Does it being market drop it's value IE no one wants eggs from the market breds?

(kinda curious to why someone would buy just to toss)

I had this happen once. I found a market Aeon in the AP 😍. I wondered if someone bought it, then tossed in the AP as a goodwill gesture. I don't think it drops the value of anything being bred with it; makes it kinda interesting. : D 

11 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

How do people make lineage mockups without the use of sites like HoB? This feels like a silly question but I really don't know

Screenshot of an existing lineage for the shape, screenshot of existing lineages for the tiles of your desired breeds, then copy&paste the tiles into the first screenshot.

On 7/12/2019 at 8:55 AM, missy_ said:

Did there used to be a forum thread or group that focused on catching CB eggs from the biomes and then releasing them into the AP? Might have been called Caveblockers or something? If that thread still exists, can someone point me there? Thanks. :)

Maybe cave plumbers (or caveplumbers) or something?

On 7/11/2019 at 12:06 AM, purplehaze said:

Rifts are found in all biomes, but the biomes they are in rotate, so they are not in all biomes at once. They are found in the coast all the time, I believe and usually in one other biome. Aveas appear to rotate between different biomes as well, but I'm not sure how many.

I can't even find any. I looked at my husband's 2 and their dictionary says "Coast, Forest".  Could that mean those 2 all the time, and sometimes in others?  So confused and just can't get any.

That "Which egg is which" page for newly released has schedules but those make no sense.

4 minutes ago, daba555 said:

I can't even find any. I looked at my husband's 2 and their dictionary says "Coast, Forest".  Could that mean those 2 all the time, and sometimes in others?  So confused and just can't get any.

They seem to fall in the coast biome all the time and most hours they fall in one other biome as well, which keeps changing, making them rather elusive.

They are always in coast; they shift around the others ever hour at random (and yes it is random, I feel sure - I have kept a chart all the time I am awake, and  over three days now I see no pattern of any kind.) They aren't showing up very often and they are snapped up fast, but you will get them if you persevere. I have some from every biome now - through sheer dedication !

Partly ninjaed.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

7 hours ago, olympe said:

Maybe cave plumbers (or caveplumbers) or something?

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Thank you both. This is probably it; I think my memory is faulty (again). I thought there may have been a thread that was not about trading or points but only about catching "cave blockers" and then releasing them into the AP after their five-hour cooldown, just to help move the cave along.  Maybe there was never any such thread. I like that idea, as if I have a free egg slot prior to bed, why not catch a blocker and then release it the next day?  Anyhoo, it looks like Cave Plumbers must be what I was thinking of. Thanks. :) 

On 7/10/2019 at 9:46 PM, Lagie said:

I've seen aveas in the alpine today.

Today  they are  in volcano. (It's still the 13th for me) Desert is the only area I have not seen them in yet.

Edited by Imzadi

6 hours ago, daba555 said:

That "Which egg is which" page for newly released has schedules but those make no sense.

@smartster4 

Rifts change biomes every hour, and since the encyclopedia updates automatically whatever the encyclopedia says is which biomes they currently are in for the hour. They're always in coast, so sometimes you may see coast, coast and sometimes you see coast, other biome. The wiki is just trying to track them but it seems like they're entirely random. Same goes for Avea, except they're only one random biome at a time.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Where are people finding the scroll statistics/egg counter that I see in signatures in the style of the Valkemarian Tales text box?

1 hour ago, Niyaka said:

Where are people finding the scroll statistics/egg counter that I see in signatures in the style of the Valkemarian Tales text box?

It is a little thing that TJ made for us. You can find Ruby Eyes' post about how to use it here.

13 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

@smartster4 

Rifts change biomes every hour, and since the encyclopedia updates automatically whatever the encyclopedia says is which biomes they currently are in for the hour. They're always in coast, so sometimes you may see coast, coast and sometimes you see coast, other biome. The wiki is just trying to track them but it seems like they're entirely random. Same goes for Avea, except they're only one random biome at a time.

I can't actually see the encyclopedia myself.  When I said I looked at my DH's, I had had to ask him to put up his page.    He managed to get another one with that tip, though.  I am making him give me that third one, and if he can get another, he'll have to give me that one as well.  Nobody else in our group is even going to try. 

If we could have seen the release earlier, maybe, but unfortunately I had checked that day, but quit around noon.  I simply had other things I had to get done, and TJ managed to get us.  I don't actually find it funny or enjoyable, to be truthful.

But thank you to you kind folks who answered the question.

12 minutes ago, daba555 said:

I can't actually see the encyclopedia myself.  

Go to hatcheries and click on eggs and hatchlings until they're unlocked in your encyclopedia, or visit Draghatch or the encyclopedia help thread for adults. You don't actually have to catch the dragons yourselves to access the info, just observe them.

44 minutes ago, daba555 said:

I can't actually see the encyclopedia myself.  When I said I looked at my DH's, I had had to ask him to put up his page.    He managed to get another one with that tip, though.  I am making him give me that third one, and if he can get another, he'll have to give me that one as well.  Nobody else in our group is even going to try. 

29 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Go to hatcheries and click on eggs and hatchlings until they're unlocked in your encyclopedia, or visit Draghatch or the encyclopedia help thread for adults. You don't actually have to catch the dragons yourselves to access the info, just observe them.

This thread can help with that - 

17 hours ago, missy_ said:

I thought there may have been a thread that was not about trading or points but only about catching "cave blockers" and then releasing them into the AP after their five-hour cooldown

This existed for a few of the past holidays, for the new release to help add more of the new breed to the cave even for people who are busy elsewhere during the holiday drop days.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

This thread can help with that - 

Thank you and thanks to Shadowdrake, also.  Usually I always have enough of everything that I've never needed to know that.