Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Its been years since ive raised Nebulas. I need someone to jog my memory please: is there any way to determine a Nebulas color before it genders? That way I dont go five days raising the wrong color? I want to start a lineage that requires purple nebbies. (Im scared of how long itll take if I wait for each dragon to gender just to come out green 😣

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, emetib92 said:

Its been years since ive raised Nebulas. I need someone to jog my memory please: is there any way to determine a Nebulas color before it genders? That way I dont go five days raising the wrong color? I want to start a lineage that requires purple nebbies. (Im scared of how long itll take if I wait for each dragon to gender just to come out green 😣

Yes, there's a temporary sort on the top right of your dragons page and if you sort by breed, your nebula hatchie will sort below the color of nebula adults it will become. So it'll be purple/blue adults, potentially purple/blue hatchies, red/green adults, potentially red/green hatchies. This does not work on eggs, only ungendered nebula hatchies.

Edited by Shadowdrake

@Shadowdrake - I just noticed it with one of my eggs before. DC timer said 4 days 1 hour while a hatchery site said 4 days 0 hours. I’ll just keep the difference in mind. Thanks!

14 hours ago, Solaries said:

DC timer said 4 days 1 hour while a hatchery site said 4 days 0 hours. I’ll just keep the difference in mind. Thanks!

the difference is actually 30 minutes, if I recall correctly

If we want to clear my thread without topic post, I remember we had to contact mod for that operation.

As I know, after forum update, it could have similar effect without contacting mod to hide original thread and make new thread.

Which method is recommended in current forum system?

On 8/21/2019 at 6:01 PM, Solaries said:

I’ve noticed that the egg timer (when the egg will hatch and/or grow up) is different between DC and other hatchery sites. It’s 1-hour difference. In this case, should I go off of DC instead of the hatcheries or vice versa?

Actually, the timer on DC used to be different - it would change in the middle between hours (so at every half hour). It used to be so that an egg stayed at 7 days for 30 minutes, then change to 6 days 23 hours. This also resulted in eggs showing as having 0 days 0 hours left as soon as they had no more than 30 minutes left before running out of time. Now, this isn't the case any more, the timer changes for the first time after exacly one hour. But some hatcheries still display the timer as it used to display on DC before the change.

3 hours ago, olympe said:

But some hatcheries still display the timer as it used to display on DC before the change.

The API actually delivers the old time, I've been told.

8 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The API actually delivers the old time, I've been told.

Even so, some hatcheries somehow managed to display times the way they are displayed now, if my memory isn't faulty. AoND on the old site was one of them. I actually made use of both AoND and my scroll to be able to determine my eggs' ToD because I got a chance every half hour this way instead of every hour. ;)

@Ruby Eyes @olympe It used to but I noticed that hatcheries, and, I suspect, the API, were updated to be accurate recently (about the time the Void emerged actually), as hatcheries are no longer capable of adding ERs early and Valley Sherwood can take <30 minute eggs now when it couldn't before. If this was reverted I'd be interested to hear that, but afaik we're on an updated system now.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, olympe said:

Actually, the timer on DC used to be different - it would change in the middle between hours (so at every half hour). It used to be so that an egg stayed at 7 days for 30 minutes, then change to 6 days 23 hours. This also resulted in eggs showing as having 0 days 0 hours left as soon as they had no more than 30 minutes left before running out of time. Now, this isn't the case any more, the timer changes for the first time after exacly one hour. But some hatcheries still display the timer as it used to display on DC before the change.

Oh, I see. I didn’t know that it changed like that to show minutes from before. I did read somewhere that 0 hours can also mean 30 minutes, but wasn’t sure. I do see the time change after exactly 1 hour as I’ve watched one of my eggs before. I thought DC and all the hatcheries ran on the same timer system, but I guess it isn’t the case.

@Shadowdrake - I’m not sure about less than 30 minutes, but there was one AP egg that I placed in that hatchery with 11 hours left. So, I’m thinking that it is able to accommodate the severely ER eggs / hatchlings. There was one site (not sure if I’m allowed to post the name) that didn’t allow me to post on their ER page. It kept telling me that the egg wasn’t a severe emergency, even though it was. But other than that, the other hatcheries seemed fine.

@Ruby Eyes - Sorry for the late reply, I just saw your post. So, it’s a 30 minute difference between 4 days 1 hour to 4 days 0 hours instead of an hour... gotcha! This’ll definitely help me, thanks!

Edited by Solaries

Does anybody have an example of a hatchery that still has the 30 minutes difference? I haven't seen one, and since they all changed at the same time, it must have been a change to the data returned from the API. (Which would mean there can't be a hatchery that still has the old information, unless there is different API output for the different requests such as "view" or "massview".)

I really miss this probably-never-intended feature. XD

8 hours ago, Solaries said:

Oh, I see. I didn’t know that it changed like that to show minutes from before. I did read somewhere that 0 hours can also mean 30 minutes, but wasn’t sure. I do see the time change after exactly 1 hour as I’ve watched one of my eggs before. I thought DC and all the hatcheries ran on the same timer system, but I guess it isn’t the case.

That used to be the case - an egg showing 0 hours left could have anything between 1 second and 30 full minutes. These days, 0 hours doesn't normally appear as the egg will die the moment that happens (and it gets one last view) - and dead eggs don't have timers.

Posted (edited)

Can someone remind me why spinels are not allowed to breed with mutamores? It was explained to me once, but I don't remember the answer, and it's not in the encyclopedia nor the wiki.

ETA: Oh, I just bred one! Maybe it's been changed? I thought I remembered getting refusals every time except during Valentine's season. Maybe I'm misremembering and was just disappointed I couldn't get a red one? Nevermind then...

Edited by tjekan

I have a question about my Dragon Encyclopedia

At example there shows me with my Pterodactylus maximus

Eggs Owned: 0

Hatchlings Owned: 0

Adults Raised: 0

But I own an adult and a hatchling from this species. And so it is with many dragons in my Encyclopedia. I´m a long time on DC and I have all dragons but they didn´t exist in my Encyclopedia. I´m just a casual player so not online every day. Perhaps I misses something information?

Sorry for my bad english, it´s not my natve speech. Anyone have a clue for me? 🙂

10 minutes ago, Laurelin said:

I have a question about my Dragon Encyclopedia

At example there shows me with my Pterodactylus maximus

Eggs Owned: 0

Hatchlings Owned: 0

Adults Raised: 0

But I own an adult and a hatchling from this species. And so it is with many dragons in my Encyclopedia. I´m a long time on DC and I have all dragons but they didn´t exist in my Encyclopedia. I´m just a casual player so not online every day. Perhaps I misses something information?

Sorry for my bad english, it´s not my natve speech. Anyone have a clue for me? 🙂

The encyclopedia only counts things raised after it was implemented.

@Kaini

Oh, ok. Well, then I will have a incomplete encyclopedia. I will not catch all egss once again.

Thank you for answering. 🙂

@Laurelin You don't need to catch them, just "observe" them. You can click eggs and hatchlings in hatcheries, and adults on other people's scrolls.

Here is a thread that helps find rare types of dragons:

5 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

@Laurelin You don't need to catch them, just "observe" them. You can click eggs and hatchlings in hatcheries, and adults on other people's scrolls.

Here is a thread that helps find rare types of dragons:

Thank you! This will be very helpful for me. 😃

On 8/23/2019 at 3:32 AM, olympe said:

That used to be the case - an egg showing 0 hours left could have anything between 1 second and 30 full minutes. These days, 0 hours doesn't normally appear as the egg will die the moment that happens (and it gets one last view) - and dead eggs don't have timers.

Is that still true if the egg just turned at 0 hours? Or, would it be more likely that it would have a full 30 minutes?

If an egg turns to 0 hours, it dies. Period. No exceptions. You should be able to use the revive action on it, though.

40 minutes ago, olympe said:

If an egg turns to 0 hours, it dies. Period. No exceptions. You should be able to use the revive action on it, though.

Not on eggs, unfortunately; "revive" is only available for hatchlings and adults.

Posted (edited)

Technically the egg won't die until it gets viewed or the cave hits the turn of the hour, meaning if you leave it fogged you can have a fogged egg hit 0 hours it can still linger a little in the fog despite it supposed to be dead. Unfortunately this info is useless unless it's incubated and you can unfog and abandon directly from the actions page which has a high chance of saving it as it regains the 1 incubated day once it's dropped into ap. (Spoken from experience)

tl;dr if the egg hits 0 days 0 hours it should be dead.

Edited by Shadowdrake

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Technically the egg won't die until it gets viewed or the cave hits the turn of the hour, meaning if you leave it fogged you can have a fogged egg hit 0 hours it can still linger a little in the fog despite it supposed to be dead. Unfortunately this info is useless unless it's incubated and you can unfog and abandon directly from the actions page which has a high chance of saving it as it regains the 1 incubated day once it's dropped into ap. (Spoken from experience)

tl;dr if the egg hits 0 days 0 hours it should be dead.

I know, but decided to not get too technical because it's often too complicated. KISS... 

The "top of the hour" thing, though, is news to me. I know I've seen eggs some time or other which were far in the negatives, sometimes even days.

@Confused Cat Who of us got confused now? :blink: Oops.

Thank you everyone for all the explanations (and your time)! I understand now. 😊