Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

8 minutes ago, Iside said:

What is the chance of getting a pink out of an aria dragon?

100% if you NEEDED an aria :(

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Surprise pinks for everyone.

16 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I was fearing that...

I actually need... Just a sec....

Oh well :)

https://dragcave.net/lineage/wtLKg

Maybe now is a good time ?

Actually I didn't need her; it was a test. :lol: The pair I did need showed no interest....

When breeding for a Risensong, does it depend on the time of day? I’ve had no problems getting a Setsong, but every time I try for a Risensong, it always fails. This is my third attempt.

You're just unlucky. It isn't time dependent. But I just test-bred and one just went to the AP, so....

I'm unlocked now, so I'll give it another shot...

1 hour ago, Solaries said:

When breeding for a Risensong, does it depend on the time of day? I’ve had no problems getting a Setsong, but every time I try for a Risensong, it always fails. This is my third attempt.

What are you breeding? A sunrise x sunsong will get you one eventually, but  sunset x sunsong is only setsongs, and setsong x sunrise or risensong x sunset can get you both types of 'songs.

@Shadowdrake - I was breeding Sunsong x Sunrise and wasn't getting any Risensongs, lol. But, Fuzzbucket was nice to give me a Risensong from her dragons, so it's all good. I'll keep trying on my end with my dragons for the next attempt. Fingers crossed!

Is neglected discussion on-forum allowed or disallowed? I'd like an official answer if possible, as TJ has indicated in the official Discord that he was unaware that neglected discussion was prohibited at all.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Depends what you mean by discussion. Announcing experiments is OK, I believe. But discussion of how to is not. This has always been my understanding and I have seen threads and posts disappear for this reason ever since I joined the forum.

@LadyLyzar @purpledragonclaw can you confirm or deny ?

There's discussion happening about this right now. We or TJ will update once we know for sure.

I just noticed my sig is not showing in forum private messages (PMs); is that normal? I can't remember.  For some reason, I thought it showed. (Or not?) 

Edited by missy_

On 8/10/2019 at 10:31 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

Depends what you mean by discussion. Announcing experiments is OK, I believe. But discussion of how to is not. This has always been my understanding and I have seen threads and posts disappear for this reason ever since I joined the forum.

@LadyLyzar @purpledragonclaw can you confirm or deny ?

Well, to be quite frank, I've posted the basics more than once when the question came up - and only once got a little tap on my wrist for my troubles. (The post got partially deleted or something, no warning.)

I’ve noticed that the egg timer (when the egg will hatch and/or grow up) is different between DC and other hatchery sites. It’s 1-hour difference. In this case, should I go off of DC instead of the hatcheries or vice versa?

52 minutes ago, Solaries said:

I’ve noticed that the egg timer (when the egg will hatch and/or grow up) is different between DC and other hatchery sites. It’s 1-hour difference. In this case, should I go off of DC instead of the hatcheries or vice versa?

It used to be, but TJ recently changed them to match. Are they still showing different times?

And the DC time is accurate to when they can hatch/grow etc

Its been years since ive raised Nebulas. I need someone to jog my memory please: is there any way to determine a Nebulas color before it genders? That way I dont go five days raising the wrong color? I want to start a lineage that requires purple nebbies. (Im scared of how long itll take if I wait for each dragon to gender just to come out green 😣

23 minutes ago, emetib92 said:

Its been years since ive raised Nebulas. I need someone to jog my memory please: is there any way to determine a Nebulas color before it genders? That way I dont go five days raising the wrong color? I want to start a lineage that requires purple nebbies. (Im scared of how long itll take if I wait for each dragon to gender just to come out green 😣

Yes, there's a temporary sort on the top right of your dragons page and if you sort by breed, your nebula hatchie will sort below the color of nebula adults it will become. So it'll be purple/blue adults, potentially purple/blue hatchies, red/green adults, potentially red/green hatchies. This does not work on eggs, only ungendered nebula hatchies.

Edited by Shadowdrake

@Shadowdrake - I just noticed it with one of my eggs before. DC timer said 4 days 1 hour while a hatchery site said 4 days 0 hours. I’ll just keep the difference in mind. Thanks!

14 hours ago, Solaries said:

DC timer said 4 days 1 hour while a hatchery site said 4 days 0 hours. I’ll just keep the difference in mind. Thanks!

the difference is actually 30 minutes, if I recall correctly

If we want to clear my thread without topic post, I remember we had to contact mod for that operation.

As I know, after forum update, it could have similar effect without contacting mod to hide original thread and make new thread.

Which method is recommended in current forum system?