Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 minutes ago, Imzadi said:

Has anyone been tracking when the Rifts drop in each biome?

Pilauli has a link in their signature to a spreadsheet they have been keeping, but I'm not sure it shows any real pattern. They seem to drop in the coast all the time plus one other biome each hour.

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Pilauli has a link in their signature to a spreadsheet they have been keeping, but I'm not sure it shows any real pattern. They seem to drop in the coast all the time plus one other biome each hour.

Thanks!

Hi folks, I have a question about the Stun BSA. I stunned three hatchlings that were under 3 days for potential trading.

However, now I am scroll locked and ready to forego trading and let them grow up. 

I know it adds an extra day, but I read they can't get views for 48 hours. I stunned them around 4:55 p.m. EDT on July 4. One is at 2 days 13 hours and two are at 2 days 21 hours.

Not sure when they will be able to grow up. Thanks in advance!

19 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Not sure when they will be able to grow up.

Around 4:55 p.m. EDT on July 6, I'm afraid.

Hi Ruby Eyes, and thank you. :)  I ended up trading them after all as a nice offer appeared.  From what I read on wikia, the hatchlings can gain views after trading?** (Though they cannot be re-stunned).

ETA: That would have been a long time to wait! It is funny that just as I contemplate removing them from trade, THEN a perfect trade appears. Why does this happen? XD

**(I looked that up prior to trading, but also had them advertised as stunned) 

Edited by missy_

I'm not sure about that - I got a hatchie in a trade recently and it must have been stunned (the trader had found it in the AP, so we don't know...) and it resolutely gained no views for DAYS. It felt like more than 2. And the help page states that influence and incubate wear off - it says nothing about stun. The wiki says it wears off, but I'm not convinced.

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm not sure about that - I got a hatchie in a trade recently and it must have been stunned (the trader had found it in the AP, so we don't know...) and it resolutely gained no views for DAYS. It felt like more than 2. And the help page states that influence and incubate wear off - it says nothing about stun. The wiki says it wears off, but I'm not convinced.

That seems to b e the case.  However a while back, I traded with someone and told them the hatchie was stunned, but it should be able to grow up in 6 hrs (which is when  it should have worn off, by my log data.)  It grew up within seconds of them accepting the trade.

Edited by Imzadi

13 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Fuzz, I can confirm that it is as the dragon cave wikia states; the hatchies that I had stunned and were teleported via trade to their new owner grew up immediately. So yes, stunned hatchies do start receiving views again after they have been teleported. :) At least they did in my case. Otherwise, as Ruby Eyes pointed out, I would have been waiting two days for them to hatch! :blink: This is what I get for my hiatus ... not knowing the intricacies of  DC events that took place in my absence.  :blush:

Just musing aloud here: I suppose in a real pinch one could theoretically remove the stun like one removes an influence, except in the case of removing the stun, we risk having the hatchies grow up on the helper's scroll.  Anything stunned 4 days and under that could, and probably would, insta-hatch on another's scroll, wouldn't be worth the risk of teleporting it.

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

We need an Official Statement... @TJ09 ?

7 hours ago, Imzadi said:

That seems to b e the case.  However a while back, I traded with someone and told them the hatchie was stunned, but it should be able to grow up in 6 hrs (which is when  it should have worn off, by my log data.)  It grew up within seconds of them accepting the trade.

The wikia appears to be correct. Imzadi, your trade operated per the wiki, which states about the Stun BSA:

"Hatchlings can gain views/clicks if they are abandoned or traded/transferred, though stun can't be used on the same hatchling again."

and 

"... a hatchling can continue gaining views immediately after trading."

The Stun BSA "can be used on any growing hatchling on the user's scroll, and adds an additional day to the hatchling's timer as well as simultaneously preventing it from receiving any views for 2 days." But if the hatchling is abandoned, traded, or transferred, it begins receiving views/clicks again. 

14 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

A very simple way to check would have been to go to your public scroll link and refresh it a few times. If the hatchie gains any views then it's not stunned and either not in hatcheries or hatcheries are very slow. However I can confirm witnessing a teleported hatchling that I know had been stunned growing up as soon as it hit 4 days, hours before the two days were up.

14 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Fuzz, as I reread what you wrote, that is really weird! A hatchling that you got in a trade that received no views for days after you received the hatchling in a trade. Did it look ... sometimes it is hard to tell, at least for me, but did it have that "stunned" look? Even if it didn't, it sounds like it was, if it wasn't gaining any views. Odd that teleporting it plus its origin from the AP didn't change that. Sounds like the original owner abandoned it in frustration for it not being able to grow up sooner. LOL

I guess to check if it had ever been stunned, one could try to stun the hatchie, since to the best of my knowledge, it can only be done once per hatchie regardless of multiple owners.  I can't find what message would come up if a "stun" has already been placed on a hatchie; seems like there would be a message.  (The wiki gives other messages, but not this one.)

4 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I can't find what message would come up if a "stun" has already been placed on a hatchie; seems like there would be a message. 

(Already stunned), like trying to influence an influenced egg will give you (Already influenced).

Stunned hatchlings look identical to non-stunned hatchlings. There is no sprite change.

2 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

(Already stunned), like trying to influence an influenced egg will give you (Already influenced).

Stunned hatchlings look identical to non-stunned hatchlings. There is no sprite change.

Ohhh, I see, thank you. I misread the below quote, which was referring to the Bolt sprite. I knew the Bolt sprite changed, but for some reason, I was also thinking the hatchlings did (in my mind, I suppose they did XD)

"When used, the sprite of the Bolt dragon changes to one with static electricity surrounding it- once the cooldown wears off, the sprite returns to normal." -- wiki

Prize dragon raffle seems a little wonky.  I have two grown rift dragons from coast but my raffle entry counter is reading 1/3.  :dry:  38w0V  d7mId

I have been getting noticeably bad lag for some time now on both the forum and the main site, I found this old topic about it but wondered if anyone else has had recent issues with lag. 

No particular lag here except on the hourly drop....

10 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Yes.

Also @missy_ - bear in mind that the wiki is NOT official. There IS  sometimes stuff in there that is wrong. That's why I hope for an official statement from the boss. @LadyLyzar  please poke ?

Hmmm I am getting lag all over; on forum and in Cave. 

fuzz, thanks for explaining about the wiki; I didn’t know that. Have there been particular instances where the wiki has been incorrect? I rely on it fairly often. Hoping it is a good source in general.

@missy_ Just check body types, and you'll find a number of mistakes. Guilded Bloodscales, for example, are listed as Eastern Dragons on the wiki, but implied to be Western in the Encyclopedia. Or Terraes, which are listed as both "Western" and "Wingless" on the wiki, but only as "Wingless" in the Encyclopedia. I'm sure there're more, but it seems like some of the obvious errors have been corrected. And rarity ratings are often quite different if you look at the wiki and at the market prices. Or would you classify a dragon as uncommon which can be bought for a whopping one hundred shards? Which is what happened with Aqualises, Ashes, Boreals, Carmines and a lot of others.  (I honestly don't intend to go through the whole alphabetical list of dragons.) But Balloons, at 500 shards, are "common" according to the wiki. What the duck?

Edited by olympe

3 hours ago, missy_ said:

Hmmm I am getting lag all over; on forum and in Cave. 

fuzz, thanks for explaining about the wiki; I didn’t know that. Have there been particular instances where the wiki has been incorrect? I rely on it fairly often. Hoping it is a good source in general.

Yes it is pretty reliable, but it does rely on members posting correct info. There is one interesting example in there, for instance - Radiant Angels are shown there as Easterns. The Encyclopaedia has them as Westerns. I never noticed - till there was an issue in a game. I actually messaged Infinis who said SHE saw them as Easterns. But.... So if you were going to zombify one to get an eastern zombie - you may be disappointed...

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes it is pretty reliable, but it does rely on members posting correct info. There is one interesting example in there, for instance - Radiant Angels are shown there as Easterns. The Encyclopaedia has them as Westerns. I never noticed - till there was an issue in a game. I actually messaged Infinis who said SHE saw them as Easterns. But.... So if you were going to zombify one to get an eastern zombie - you may be disappointed...

I remember it the same way, but by now, Radiant Angels are "correctly" displayed as Westerns.

ETA: What I said is true for the Radiant Angel's own page, but on the "Dragon Sub-Types" page, they're still among the Easterns. Which only proves that our memory, for once, isn't faulty. ;) 

Edited by olympe

I just went to edit - and someone already picked that up on ONE page: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Eastern_Dragons and also here: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Western_Dragons but not on another: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Sub-Types#Western_Dragons !

(my memory isn't faulty - I still have infi's PM ! And if SHE says they are Eastern...)

This is fun :ph34r:

Well, if Infi says they're winged Easterns, and TJ says they're Westerns because they've got wings... It's the same thing with the Bloodscales, if I remember correctly. According to the Encyclopedia, they're only two-headed dragons, along with Splits, Nexuses and Duotones - which heavily implies that they're considered two-headed Western dragons. Because Baikalas, 

• Type: Two-headed Dragon (Sea serpent)

Two-headed Lindwyrms ("Opals")

• Type: Two-headed Dragon (Lindwyrm)

and Blancblacks 

• Type: Two-headed Dragon (Eastern)

have different classifications. Interestingly enough, Bautas are classified as Two-headed Dragon (Western) for some reason. Maybe we really need some admin input on this?

My computer and phone are on the same internet network, but every time I log into DC or the Forums on one device I get logged out on the other. This didn't used to happen and only started when I traveled somewhere else with my phone for a few days. Now that I'm back home and on the same network again, is there a way I can get it to stop logging me out? 

Uhm... I just had a look at the Encyclopedia, and found that, apparently, Winter Seasonals drop in the Forest biome. Has that been changed recently? My last CB Winters are from 2017, and all come from Alpine.