Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

4 hours ago, Montre said:

I personally do not think that saying “offer” or any variant thereof without mentioning something even in a direction of what you might want is any different from leaving the text box empty, functionally. It doesn’t help anyone understand what you’re looking for.

So would it be acceptable to report such trades?

I don't think so... As annoying as it might be to see that if we want to make an offer, people do, sometimes, post trades without knowing what they might want, to see all the offers and accept the best, etc. and I think they should be allowed to do that. 

So it's our own discretion as to whether to offer on those trades or not. Personally I very rarely do unless I'm confident they'd be interested (because I've traded with the person before or have something I think is really good). 

Having 'offers' as a want is not something that needs to be reported.

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

or lying about what they have. 

You don't have to report for this either. Everyone is able to see what is actually on offer.

Hi,

is there a limit of an amount of groups? I have over 30 now and will probably have over 150 in the future (if this is possible).

Thanks for your help!

No-one has hit a limit yet - but I am told some things start to act strangely if you have too many. Mostly to do with the number of dragons you view to a page - I think in the end you have to cut back to 250. It may be sorted now, though.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I have a Plated Colossus and a Mistletoe, and as you can see from their progeny list they've had holiday offspring together during their breeding season. But just now when I tried to breed them again, they suddenly refused each other. Is this a glitch?

5 minutes ago, Sazandora said:

I have a Plated Colossus and a Mistletoe, and as you can see from their progeny list they've had holiday offspring together during their breeding season. But just now when I tried to breed them again, they suddenly refused each other. Is this a glitch?

Nope, common. Holiday breedings don't determine the refusal state, only the first non-holiday breeding does - always use Fertility on first non-holiday breeding!

Even if they refuse now, they'll breed during the holiday, so there's that!

Has anyone ever had their scroll 'un-viewbombed'? Someone took my scroll out of the hatcheries I had it in. :blink: No wonder my eggs were not hatching.

45 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Has anyone ever had their scroll 'un-viewbombed'? Someone took my scroll out of the hatcheries I had it in. :blink: No wonder my eggs were not hatching.

I actually did have that happen once.

I've had it happen more than once. One reason I use evina's - it's secured so they CAN'T !

Edited by Fuzzbucket

If I've had it happen I've never noticed because I compulsively add my eggs to hatcheries every day.

Valley Sherwood when fresh-caught, AoND after about 6h has passed, DragHatch after they hit 5d.

The Dragon Encyclopedia seems to be broken. It isn't registering any of the new dragons I observe - I tried unlocking some information for the Aeria Gloris breed, but even after looking at six adults, the encyclopedia still only shows my observations at "adults observed: 1". The text in the encyclopedia isn't updating either. It's still stuck on the "observe 3 adults" task which I should have finished by now.

I also tried doing the same for Arcana hatchlings... it's not registering those either. I've also raised two adults of all the new breeds, but the images for them are still gray. Is this a bug or am I the only one experiencing this?

A few images: https://imgur.com/a/cRxmlcu

Edited by Beldarius

I'm afraid it may be you. :lol: 

UNLESS you are viewing ones you have already viewed. Mine just updated a shedload of firegems when I tested. have you tried going to lineage and then back - that often helps.

Here are my Aerias - try those ?

https://dragcave.net/group/95655 (I have no Arcana hatchies, sorry.)

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'm afraid it may be you. :lol: 

UNLESS you are viewing ones you have already viewed. Mine just updated a shedload of firegems when I tested. have you tried going to lineage and then back - that often helps.

Here are my Aerias - try those ?

https://dragcave.net/group/95655 (I have no Arcana hatchies, sorry.)

Oh, that worked. I wonder how? The adult Aerias I looked at earlier were some I had never seen before, and the Encyclopedia still didn't register them.

...Still doesn't explain why the Galvanic and Geminae are still gray on the main encyclopedia page, even though mine already matured into adults. Usually if I raise a breed from an egg to an adult, the "thumbnail image" starts showing the actual dragon instead of staying gray.

Acquiring 1 egg unlock the egg sprite. Hatching or getting 2 hatchlings unlocks the hatchling sprites. Raising 3 to adulthood unlocks the adults. You said you raised 2.

5 observations count as much as 1 owned/raised.

Make sure you're logged in (with the same browser instance) when observing dragons.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

- but viewed several.

I've put my galvanics and geminae in that group now, in case that helps ? (Kovos are in my pygmies if you need them: https://dragcave.net/group/52588 )

Edited by Fuzzbucket

31 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

- but viewed several.

I've put my galvanics and geminae in that group now, in case that helps ? (Kovos are in my pygmies if you need them: https://dragcave.net/group/52588 )

Thank you, your Galvanics and Geminae finally unlocked those images. ...Though for some reason the Aeria is still gray, after 9 adults viewed.

I've viewed 26 (and raised 8...)

16 hours ago, Beldarius said:

Thank you, your Galvanics and Geminae finally unlocked those images. ...Though for some reason the Aeria is still gray, after 9 adults viewed.

15 views or 3 raised is what unlocks the adult sprites.

I am returning after a 2 year break (work took over my life as my hours were 24/7)

I am so thrilled to see some of the oldies retuned for the 10th anniversary Frill and Old pinks YAY!!!

Sorry, off track of my question. I am trying to work on the encyclopedia but see a few issues.

I assume I have to raise some of the old items I have 100s of to get them ungrayed (like original 2 headed and albinos etc)

But, I do not see how I can ungray the Guardian of Nature. I have my max 3 .. Can someone explain to me how this works on getting everything unlocked and not gray any more?

Ah read back a little as it seems to be an issue my guardian area says I own none and I raised 3 but was before the encyclopedia was a thing

• Eggs Owned: 0
  • Hatchlings Owned: 0
  • Adults Raised: 0
  • Eggs Observed: 0
  • Hatchlings Observed: 0
  • Adults Observed: 2
Edited by Merenwen

You can unlock things by viewing them on other players' scrolls.

The Encyclopedia Helpers thread can help with unlocking some of the harder ones.

Edited by purplehaze

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

You can unlock things by viewing them on other players' scrolls.

thank you I am trying it now to see what I can get unlocked now

Can someone direct me to the thread where people post dragons for us to view so we can unlock more? I need to see a few more Lumina alts, a male Black alt, and a couple others. What's the deal with Spirit Wards, by the way? I have a TON and I still don't have two of the images unlocked. I never seem to see the mysterious third color/stage/whatever.