Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

52 minutes ago, bloodyneptune said:

My bell icon is lighting up like, 20 minutes after I get a notification? Like, someone will offer on my trade and the bell lights up 20 minutes later, is that a bug everyone's dealing with or..?

Sometimes mine doesn't even light up AT ALL. A trade will get declined or accepted, and I won't even know it until I actually examine my scroll and realize "hey, that Paper I wanted is here! I had no idea they accepted it!"

Maybe it's a little buggy? Sometimes mine light's up instantly, and sometimes it'll do the above.

Also as far as I know it won't light up unless you refresh the page.

31 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Sometimes mine doesn't even light up AT ALL. A trade will get declined or accepted, and I won't even know it until I actually examine my scroll and realize "hey, that Paper I wanted is here! I had no idea they accepted it!"

Maybe it's a little buggy? Sometimes mine light's up instantly, and sometimes it'll do the above.

Alright ^^ glad to know its not just mine, I guess I just havent encountered this bug yet! I figured it out when a friend offered something, and after like 10 minutes of chatting and less-than-subtle-by-the-minute messages like "yuup, that egg i sent is 5days right?" I realized my thing wasn't lighting up xD

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Also as far as I know it won't light up unless you refresh the page.

Im pretty much constantly refreshing the AP page, Ive had to keep the Hub open to refresh it separately to see if it changes to (1 offer) or whatever.The bell wont light up until 20 some odd minutes later (and thats with being a constant AP refresher). But apparently its something that happens, sounds like it'll just go back to normal.

is there a certain color Zyu that is considered more rare? or one that is more common than the rest?

1 hour ago, Dekka said:

is there a certain color Zyu that is considered more rare? or one that is more common than the rest?

Yes, whichever color you need to complete your current set is always going to be the rarist.

They should, overall be the same rarity.

1 hour ago, Dekka said:

This also depends a bit on which biomes you are spending most of your hunting time in but usually for me personally and regarding the trade hub it is like this:
(from rarest / most valuable to most common) yellow > pink > white > blue > black > red

Edited by Soulsborne

Is this abandon-hatchling message new? You abandon the hatchling while it is sleeping, hoping it will find its way back to its mother.

I thought I was familiar with the different 'abandon' messages, but I don't remember ever seeing mention of the mother? 

16 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Is this abandon-hatchling message new? You abandon the hatchling while it is sleeping, hoping it will find its way back to its mother.

I thought I was familiar with the different 'abandon' messages, but I don't remember ever seeing mention of the mother? 

No. It has been around for a while. I usually get the 'tie it to a tree' message.

38 minutes ago, Chococat0815 said:

The message also varies depending on where you got the egg (hatchling) from, if I remember correctly.

DOES it ? Never ever noticed that. I must experiment... By biome ? Bred ? What about the AP - are they all the same ?

1 hour ago, Chococat0815 said:

ETA: https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Abandoning

The message you got isn't mentioned in the wiki, however.

Actually it is. It is under the failed abandon messages for hatchlings, even though it is not a fail.

Interestingly enough it seems that none of the other messages for abandoning a hatchling are even mentioned.

HUH ?

From the wiki:

i

Abandonprompt

Prompt that appears after clicking "Abandon" on the Action page.

Abandoning is an action available to unfrozen hatchlings and eggs. This can be used if you no longer want the dragon in question- you can abandon it, and it will go to the Abandoned Page (AP). Another user can then pick it up for themselves. In the past, eggs or hatchlings that were abandoned were given an additional day added to their timer (but never exceeding the 7 day marker); since May 21st, 2016, this feature has been removed as part of a range of updates to the site on DC's 10th birthday. Abandonunsuccessful

An "unsuccessful" abandon attempt with a hatchling.

Upon successfully abandoning a Cave Born egg, the following message is given:

"You leave the egg where you found it and walk away."

Upon successfully abandoning a bred egg, the following message is given:

"You set the egg down outside a familiar-looking cave and walk away."

Upon successfully abandoning an egg taken from the Abandoned Page, the following message is given:

"You set the egg down outside the cave where you found it and walk away."

Whilst attempting to abandon a hatchling, the action may fail, with one of the following messages given:

"You lead the hatchling to a nearby cave and try to walk away, but it follows you."
"You try to leash the hatchling to a tree trunk outside a nearby cave, but it chews through the rope and begins to follow you."

"You leave it while it's sleeping, but it wakes up and begins to follow you."

"You abandon the hatchling while it is sleeping, hoping it will find its way back to its mother."

If this happens and you want to try abandoning the hatchling again, you must wait a day.

a question of a different     sort ..   

how many hours is TOO long for only one breed to be in the  AC ??

over 8 hours and counting for the Nocturne.. and it isn't even night anymore !!!

There's no such thing as too long XD - but it's doing wonders for the timing. 

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

There's no such thing as too long XD - but it's doing wonders for the timing. 

sigh ... sadly  ... I agrees to  disagree once more

unless it is lunar heralds  .. there CAN be too much of a good thing   :P:D

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

HUH ?

Sorry -- I meant the success messages for abandoning hatchlings, which seem to all be missing except for the one that is listed under failed attempts.

@orphaned I have seen walls that lasted even longer. I understand that they lower AP times, but I am really not a fan. If the only way to lower AP times is to throw a bunch of eggs out there that no one wants...? It used to be a once in awhile thing and I didn't mind that so much, but lately everyone seems to be on the build-an-AP-wall bandwagon and they happen much more often and last longer.

Edited by purplehaze

@Fuzzbucket, time to start experimenting! I'll keep track since I abandon hatchie quite frequently, let's see if there's a pattern.

@angelicdragonpuppy, noone seems to have posted in the zombie or encyclopedia help thread. Mine keeps dodging and there're only a few days left until the 31st... But they do have an unique encyclopedia classification.

I should have a volcanic hatchie quite soon, though I don't abandon often...

The six AP-nocturnes I released this morning all had 'leash to a tree trunk' or 'leave in a nearby cave'.

My Volcanic CB one got left in the nearby cave.

And a bred nocturne from the AP was leashed to a tree.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

very random question, but when did splash get added to the 'available for bsa' sorting tab? if i recall, shallow waters weren't on that list prior.

This has bugged me for so long but I can't seem to find an answer:

I know that if a pair of dragons refuse each other, they will never be paired again. But can two dragons that pair just fine before refuse each other? Like, refuse is permanent but accept is just random?

Edited by Haki

@Haki Refusals only happen on first time breeding the pair, unless one was a holiday and they were first bred during the holiday's season. Basically if you get any result other than a refusal or a holiday multiclutch (no egg, no interest, egg) they should not refuse, ever.

3 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

@Haki Refusals only happen on first time breeding the pair, unless one was a holiday and they were first bred during the holiday's season. Basically if you get any result other than a refusal or a holiday multiclutch (no egg, no interest, egg) they should not refuse, ever.

wow that's so nice. I've been delaying my project for forever waiting for my purple dragons to ready again lol.

Thank you.