Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 minute ago, CherryKuro said:

Pipio Pygmy

How much of the Pipio is unlocked in your Encyclopedia?

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Oooh, so you have to have one in order to have them show up on the trading list?

Because I don't have any which was why I was looking there in the first place. xD

Just now, CherryKuro said:

Oooh, so you have to have one in order to have them show up on the trading list?

Not at all. You can also click other people's Pipio eggs, e.g. in hatcheries. 5 observations count as much as 1 egg owned.

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Not at all. You can also click other people's Pipio eggs, e.g. in hatcheries. 5 observations count as much as 1 egg owned.

I didn't know that either! I'll have to go check out some hatcheries :D

55 minutes ago, CherryKuro said:

Because I don't have any which was why I was looking there in the first place. xD

If you don't mind getting bred Pipios, feel free to contact me once the new release madness is over (like, next week?), and I'll gladly try to breed you some.

2 minutes ago, olympe said:

If you don't mind getting bred Pipios, feel free to contact me once the new release madness is over (like, next week?), and I'll gladly try to breed you some.

I'll definitely keep that in mind! I know with the new release madness I'm pretty much egg locked. xD

1 hour ago, CherryKuro said:

Weird thing I noticed with the trading feature on the site, the Pipio Pygmy is missing from the selection! 😧Image Link

Is this a glitch?

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

1 hour ago, CherryKuro said:

Not sure, but was CherryKuro referring not to the encyclopedia but to the Trading Hub?  If the Trading Hub is affected, that is good to know! I knew it affected the Encyclopedia and also the Market; I've seen messages in the Market "Unlock egg in encyclopedia to purchase"

12 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Really, it should be oldest at the top.

But sometimes I do have the faint feeling that eggs created in the same hourly drop might sort with the same timestamp (aka created, not picked), PLUS possibly by biome number (Desert = 2, Forest = 3, Volcano = 6). That's just a suspicion though, nothing empirically proven or even offically confirmed.

RubyEyes, I don't know about this theory because for my new two-headed dragons, the order I picked them up in was Desert, Desert, Forest, Volcano. When sorted by age on my scroll, they sort from top to bottom as Desert, Desert, Forest, Volcano. This displays the youngest egg at the top and the oldest egg at the bottom. 

Does anyone know how daylight savings setting clocks forward effects egg times? I'm doing some experimenting for NDs and I dunno if it'll throw my time off or not. A search was less than helpful, haha.

1 minute ago, Coloursfall said:

Does anyone know how daylight savings setting clocks forward effects egg times? I'm doing some experimenting for NDs and I dunno if it'll throw my time off or not. A search was less than helpful, haha.

Egg times aren't affected, they age normally. (Just because the clock is moved to another hour doesn't mean the eggs age at a different rate.)

@missy_ In your case, the age of the eggs and the biomes are in the same order. Desert before Forest, Forest (a long way) before Volcano.

4 minutes ago, olympe said:

@missy_ In your case, the age of the eggs and the biomes are in the same order. Desert before Forest, Forest (a long way) before Volcano.

Thank you, @olympe is this definitely the case, then? That the youngest egg will sort at the top and the oldest at the bottom? Because I have four of the new Coastal eggs I picked up all within the same hour and I am trying to determine which of the four is the youngest. 

5 minutes ago, missy_ said:

Thank you, @olympe is this definitely the case, then? That the youngest egg will sort at the top and the oldest at the bottom? Because I have four of the new Coastal eggs I picked up all within the same hour and I am trying to determine which of the four is the youngest. 

I honestly don't know if that's the case, actually. I was merely pointing out that your example doesn't disprove the sorted-by-hour-then-biome theory. Of course, you could always watch your eggs until the timer of the first changes. Better yet, use AoND *and* your scroll view because AoND still has the timer change half an hour ahead of time. This way, you will be able to see which of the eggs is the oldest or youngest.

45 minutes ago, olympe said:

I honestly don't know if that's the case, actually. I was merely pointing out that your example doesn't disprove the sorted-by-hour-then-biome theory. Of course, you could always watch your eggs until the timer of the first changes. Better yet, use AoND *and* your scroll view because AoND still has the timer change half an hour ahead of time. This way, you will be able to see which of the eggs is the oldest or youngest.

Thanks. Hmmm, well I tried looking at AoND but it shows all of my coastals picked up in the same hour, and all of my two-headeds picked up in the following hour. So, no luck there. It was a good suggestion though. If they were spaced out a bit more ... 

If I try to create zombies, is it true that my scroll will be burned if I kill too many dragons?

39 minutes ago, platinumdragon_ said:

If I try to create zombies, is it true that my scroll will be burned if I kill too many dragons?

No. There is a kill limit on your scroll that only allows you to kill up to five every two weeks. No scrolls are burned for killing dragons. In the past that may have been true, but it has not been so for years!

26 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

No. There is a kill limit on your scroll that only allows you to kill up to five every two weeks. No scrolls are burned for killing dragons. In the past that may have been true, but it has not been so for years!

Okay, thanks! I wouldn’t want to risk my scroll being burned so I had to check over here. XD 

10 hours ago, missy_ said:

Not sure, but was CherryKuro referring not to the encyclopedia but to the Trading Hub?  If the Trading Hub is affected, that is good to know! I knew it affected the Encyclopedia and also the Market; I've seen messages in the Market "Unlock egg in encyclopedia to purchase"

I think I see some misunderstanding here. You will not see a dragon you haven't unlocked in the encyclopaedia in the trading hub, as far as I know. You certainly cannot SEARCH for one you haven't unlocked by putting in its breed name.

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think I see some misunderstanding here. You will not see a dragon you haven't unlocked in the encyclopaedia in the trading hub, as far as I know. You certainly cannot SEARCH for one you haven't unlocked by putting in its breed name.

You can certainly *see* them, otherwise we couldn't trade new releases using the hub. It's just not listed in the filter drop-down - the game assumes that you don't know what you'd be looking for, narratively.

So I'm having an issue with a dragon not being breedable. Said dragon was last bred March 5th at 8:49am EST. It's now 8:55am and the page still says "please wait one day." Help?

2 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

So I'm having an issue with a dragon not being breedable. Said dragon was last bred March 5th at 8:49am EST. It's now 8:55am and the page still says "please wait one day." Help?

its 7days to the second, you need to wait longer

Just now, DragonLady86 said:

its 7days to the second, you need to wait longer

But it has been over 7 days now? 

Just now, DragonLady86 said:

12 -5 = 7 this is day 7, but you must have bred later in the day.

No, my action log says that the dragon was bred at 8:49am. It's after 9:00am now and the dragon still cannot be bred. That's why I'm confused.