Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Well, it takes more eggs being bred than are being picked up. That is the only way the times can go down. 

That is what I was thinking.  And if the AP averages 30 people at any given time (except holidays and events), and all those people have 8 open egg slots, that's still only 240 eggs that can be picked up fast enough to make it worthwhile.  And that is assuming all the eggs that are in the AP are something those folks want.   I don't see it happening, but what do I know?  I'll just put nice stuff in there, hope I'm not clogging it up, and let everyone else do their thing.  :)   Thanks, purplehaze!

8 hours ago, ferdelance said:

Okay; wow.  I have been playing DC since Feb 2009 and have never run into this!

Guess I'll try to trade it for something, because at this point I just want it off my scroll ASAP.

Is it permanent??  Or is there a reset period so I can try again and succeed?  Because I've attempted to get rid of this thing like six times and it won't go away.

IN THEORY you can try again after 24 hours:

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Abandoning

I never saw the message you got; I have had both these:

"You lead the hatchling to a nearby cave and try to walk away, but it follows you."

"You try to leash the hatchling to a tree trunk outside a nearby cave, but it chews through the rope and begins to follow you."

I THINK I have tried again in my time, but of course, it's impossible to test. For the good of the nation, perhaps you could wait 24 hours and try - so we can all see ?

8 hours ago, ferdelance said:

Okay; wow.  I have been playing DC since Feb 2009 and have never run into this!

Guess I'll try to trade it for something, because at this point I just want it off my scroll ASAP.

Is it permanent??  Or is there a reset period so I can try again and succeed?  Because I've attempted to get rid of this thing like six times and it won't go away.

It resets at midnight, just like dodging a kill attempt.   Though, the few I've had return to my scroll gave me the message "you return the dragon the cave you found it, but it chews through the rope and follows you".

Hey, on my end there are currently no egg drops in Volcano/Forest/Jungle at the usual 5 min interval at xx:20 & only one egg showed up in the forest at xx:25

Edited by priscel

1 minute ago, priscel said:

Hey, on my end there are currently no egg drops in Volcano/Forest/Jungle at the usual 5 min interval at xx:20 & only one egg showed up in the forest at xx:25

New release and they are going like hotcakes!

26 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

New release and they are going like hotcakes!

haha thanks I see smh I thought by now they'd be sitting around a little longer, but that new release fever is still pretty high :D

6 minutes ago, priscel said:

haha thanks I see smh I thought by now they'd be sitting around a little longer, but that new release fever is still pretty high :D

Well, it's been a long time since we had a regular new release (excepting the Holidays).

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Well, it's been a long time since we had a regular new release (excepting the Holidays).

Has it really been since September?  That's a long time!

I'm attempting to post a trade, but the image for the Silver egg won't work. [ img=http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/4/4d/Silver_egg.gif ] (brackets spaced apart to show code)

Does anyone know what to do to fix this?

It's working now. 😊 Don't know what was going on there.

Edited by HopSketch

Testing: Silver_egg.gif 

Works using the link from the images thread in Trading. You look to be trying to use BB code ? We can't do that any more - you need to go to "insert other media" and add the correct url - which is:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/4/4d/Silver_egg.gif

You don't get to add the [ img= or the ]

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

Testing: Silver_egg.gif 

Works using the link from the images thread in Trading. You look to be trying to use BB code ? We can't do that any more - you need to go to "insert other media" and add the correct url - which is:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/4/4d/Silver_egg.gif

You don't get to ad the and the

Thank you! I'll try that next time I run into an issue like this. ^-^

As you see - even my post got changed by the editor !!!

9 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

IN THEORY you can try again after 24 hours:

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Abandoning

I never saw the message you got; I have had both these:

"You lead the hatchling to a nearby cave and try to walk away, but it follows you."

"You try to leash the hatchling to a tree trunk outside a nearby cave, but it chews through the rope and begins to follow you."

I THINK I have tried again in my time, but of course, it's impossible to test. For the good of the nation, perhaps you could wait 24 hours and try - so we can all see ?

I've had the second one once.

Accidentally influenced egg wrong, can anyone help? 🤣

1 hour ago, sidmar said:

Accidentally influenced egg wrong, can anyone help? 🤣

Try here (people willing to help follow that thread) :

6 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Try here (people willing to help follow that thread) :

ty, will do

I have a question about scroll sorting and the new eggs are a good example. 

I picked up 8 eggs within an hour (so no way to distinguish by time) and if I sort them by age, is the one at the top the youngest or the oldest?

I want to influence them based on their age.  

So if I have four eggs, all of the same breed, all caught within the same hour and sorted by age, is the one at the top the youngest egg? 

Thanks in advance.:)

Temp-sorting by age, the oldest is usually at the top.

(Of course, in account settings scroll sort and group sort, you can select "reverse order" in which case the oldest would be at the bottom.)

26 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Temp-sorting by age, the oldest is usually at the top.

(Of course, in account settings scroll sort and group sort, you can select "reverse order" in which case the oldest would be at the bottom.)

Thanks Ruby Eyes, I am confused by this. Yes, it is a temp sort (not my default sort). But ... I noticed something. The Coast eggs I can't tell, as they all came from the same biome. But when looking at the four two-headed eggs, I remember picking up two from the Desert first, followed by one from the Forest, and the "oldest" (only because I remember the biome) was the one I snagged from the Volcano. On my scroll, the Volcano one is at the bottom of my 8 eggs, and it is the last one I grabbed. 

So does that mean the newest, freshest eggs sort at the top? I am befuddled. 

Really, it should be oldest at the top.

But sometimes I do have the faint feeling that eggs created in the same hourly drop might sort with the same timestamp (aka created, not picked), PLUS possibly by biome number (Desert = 2, Forest = 3, Volcano = 6). That's just a suspicion though, nothing empirically proven or even offically confirmed.

Where should I post my egg for an any hatchling trade? So an egg for any hatchling someone wants to offer.

Edited by blueberry_

37 minutes ago, blueberry_ said:

Where should I post my egg for an any hatchling trade? So an egg for any hatchling someone wants to offer.

Most general trades like that can go in the dragon trading thread. There's also just the trade hub on the site - under the 'trading' header at the top.

2 minutes ago, iiKrina said:

Can you trade frozen hatchlings?

No. Neither can you trade adults or market-bought dragons.