Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You may be right - I just remember how one used to look forward to 31st :) (In the UK I can see them every morning, mind. )

Dang, that's lucky. I never get to stay up late enough to see my zombies except on Fridays or during summer vacation (stupid school days)! I wish we had a BSA that let zombies be visible. I mean, it's totally a useless BSA, but cool for those who want to see their zombies. XD

1 hour ago, Suzumiya said:

Dang, that's lucky. I never get to stay up late enough to see my zombies except on Fridays or during summer vacation (stupid school days)! I wish we had a BSA that let zombies be visible. I mean, it's totally a useless BSA, but cool for those who want to see their zombies. XD

Secret tip - you can see your Zombies in manual/table custom sort!

Is it still possible to get a winter egg even though it's spring now?

5 minutes ago, iiKrina said:

Is it still possible to get a winter egg even though it's spring now?

Nope. You get Spring eggs now instead.

So, I haven't been active on the forums since before the initial upgrade. Has PMing changed, and am I being an idiot? I've sent PMs to a couple of people recently, and neither has responded. Both messages say they haven't even been read, but I know both of the people I've PMed to be active on the forum. So, am I missing something? I press "Compose New", fill in the person's user name, subject, and my message, and then press "Send". Surely there's no more to it than that???

Sorry if this has been asked five billion times.

That's exactly how you send PMs. The recipients might not have seen the notification for new PM yet - I've been told it's easy to miss on mobile.

Okay. I didn't think it could possibly be more complicated than that. Thanks for your quick reply!

Why do people always ask for your forum and scroll name when filling out a form?  I get why they ask for the scroll name, but the forum name is already shown.

Record-keeping. It's easier to copy and paste a form than to fill in the person's name every time.

Sometimes, it's also lack of knowing what it's for elsewhere.

E.g. in the 3 holiday lineage aid threads, the first post asks for forum name and PM link in its form, but the OP is never actually maintaining any lists themselves that would justify that. I think they just copied from other breeding threads without thinking about what those are used for there: for copy/pasting to a different place - typically some assembled listing on the front page.

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

That's exactly how you send PMs. The recipients might not have seen the notification for new PM yet - I've been told it's easy to miss on mobile.

THANK YOU! I have missed SO MANY PMs because I use my phone a lot, and I feel really bad when I get back on my computer and notice I have like 8 unread messages, some from weeks ago. It makes me feel like an awful person. I really do NOT mean to ignore anyone, it's just super hard to notice on a phone. 

This is a question similar to the above...the places that ask for your forum/scroll name...I HATE my scroll name, but I'm fine with sharing it to join a raffle or gift group. However, I keep my scroll hidden 99% of the time. Ever since I started doing this, I've never lost a dragon and have only had a few (due to Stun and ER status) get sick. Is it considered rude to ask the person in charge of whatever raffle or group if you can keep your scroll hidden, but offer to unhide it if they ever want to check and make sure you kept the gift/prize/whatever? Or should I just risk viewbombing (this has happened to me SO MANY TIMES) and keep my scroll visible or just not enter any special groups/raffles?

I agree. Most people who frequent the forums are aware of the chance of view-bombing, so they should understand your reason for asking.

Hey y'all, did you see the cave? It's being weird saying there are 0 users online in the AP & biomes for a while now. Doesn't seem like anything else is wonky. :D so just sharing a random observation

40 minutes ago, priscel said:

Hey y'all, did you see the cave? It's being weird saying there are 0 users online in the AP & biomes for a while now. Doesn't seem like anything else is wonky. :D so just sharing a random observation

Yeah, zeroes everywhere. And yet I still keep SOMEHOW missing CB Monarchs. Seen two, they were taken immediately. Why!? Who is stealing my Monarch babies!? XD

I posted a trade in the trading hub, but I must have done something wrong. My wants seems to be blank. Any idea what I did wrong? I filled it out, but nothing is showing.

25 minutes ago, raindear said:

I posted a trade in the trading hub, but I must have done something wrong. My wants seems to be blank. Any idea what I did wrong? I filled it out, but nothing is showing.

I don't see any trades posted that don't have a 'want'.

11 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

I don't see any trades posted that don't have a 'want'.

OK. Maybe it's just the way my page is showing. I posted 2 CB Blue Ridgewings and "want" a CB Lumina, but on my page the "want" is blank. It's my first post on the hub, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

I looked as far back as 4 hours ago and I don't see that trade at all, maybe try to post it again?

I searched for Ridgewing "haves" and all I see are tan ones. Try cancelling and posting again. Are you sure you marked it as a public trade?

I filled in the form and created a teleport. Like I said it's my first try. I might try again. Just not sure what I did wrong.

GOT IT! Thanks everyone.

I was reading an old thread about how to catch rare eggs and someone said ''You can try focusing on the 5-minute shuffles or the full-hour drops - that when most rares pop up.'' 
My question is, what are 5 minute shuffles and full-hour drops? Thank you! 😁

9 minutes ago, iiKrina said:

I was reading an old thread about how to catch rare eggs and someone said ''You can try focusing on the 5-minute shuffles or the full-hour drops - that when most rares pop up.'' 
My question is, what are 5 minute shuffles and full-hour drops? Thank you! 😁

New eggs are generated at the top of the hour.  xx:00 At every five minutes, the eggs showing are rotated. xx:05, xx:10, etc. 

2 hours ago, Kurokosworth said:

Can alt black/green/undine be cb or are they bred only?

bred only ;)