Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 minute ago, The Dragoness said:

No, my action log says that the dragon was bred at 8:49am. It's after 9:00am now and the dragon still cannot be bred. That's why I'm confused.

did you take the time change in account?  We "lost" an hour over the weekend because daylight savings time. so should be able to breed at 9:49am.

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

did you take the time change in account?  We "lost" an hour over the weekend because daylight savings time. so should be able to breed at 9:49am.

Yes, that worked. I feel dumb now XD

Thank you!

Just a question:  when viewing eggs/hatchlings on my scroll, it sometimes shows the breed, and sometimes doesn't. Why?

If you have them unlocked in the encyclopedia, they will show the breed name -- if not, they won't. It is usually easy to unlock egg images in the encyclopedia. All you need to do is click eggs in the hatcheries.

New releases like March's also won't show the breed name before they are being added to the Encyclopedia.

Are your Blancblack eggs a bit odd, too? I have three eggs, same age and fairly similar when it comes to views. One of the eggs is in its last cracking sequence; the other two are pristine.

I was wondering if it's coincidence or related to gender / colour.

Actually, both your "pristine" eggs are now at a stage 4 crack... Plus, the most advanced egg has slightly higher stats than its brethren. So, I guess it's totally normal.

Not to mention, the first two cracking stages are pretty hard to spot, and even the third is easy to miss...

Edited by olympe

23 minutes ago, olympe said:

Actually, both your "pristine" eggs are now at a stage 4 crack...

Yes, one moved ahead while I was writing. :lol: But that was to be expected, as they were at 3 days and 15 hours and had been hidden for long.

Oh, the first sequences are hard to spot? Maybe I'll just have to pay more attention. Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Oh, the first sequences are hard to spot? Maybe I'll just have to pay more attention. Thank you!

Yes, they are.

Speckle egg => Speckle crack 1 => Speckle crack 2 => Speckle crack 3 => Speckle crack 4 => Speckle crack 5

I know it's easy to see if you see two different eggs side by side, but if you only see one at any given tme, the first cracks are really easy to miss.

Oh. Wow, that's like an eye test!! In that case, I think the other eggs had some cracks already.

Was there once a thread in requests for vampire diversification (like how zombie sprites were changed for different archetypes)? If so where can I find it?

5 hours ago, sidmar said:

Was there once a thread in requests for vampire diversification (like how zombie sprites were changed for different archetypes)? If so where can I find it?

It was probably deleted due to inactivity...

How many dragon breeds are there on Dragon Cave? I thought the number was 221, but I've heard it's actually 226. Thanks! ❤️

1 minute ago, Sunrise said:

How many dragon breeds are there on Dragon Cave? I thought the number was 221, but I've heard it's actually 226. Thanks! ❤️

The counter says 226 ( I have everything ;) ) right now after the latest release

Edited by Herk

I have no idea if this goes here, but what are Purple Siyats (CB) normally worth in trade value? Could I at least expect to get perhaps a CB Monarch or Black Tea from one? 

7 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

I have no idea if this goes here, but what are Purple Siyats (CB) normally worth in trade value? Could I at least expect to get perhaps a CB Monarch or Black Tea from one? 

Technically that kind of question goes here but that thread isn't frequented much atm. Sure, you can get random CB breeds (like the ones you've mentioned) - your trading luck just depends on "does the person who might be interested in my Siyat currently have a CB of the breeds I want". Right now there's also still much of the new release fever going on so many people are trying to trade those new breeds (for rarer stuff) or are trying to get the new dragons themselves (because Blancblacks are still not dropping in big numbers).

Just now, Soulsborne said:

Technically that kind of question goes here but that thread isn't frequented much atm. Sure, you can get random CB breeds (like the ones you've mentioned) - your trading luck just depends on "does the person who might be interested in my Siyat currently have a CB of the breeds I want". Right now there's also still much of the new release fever going on so many people are trying to trade those new breeds (for rarer stuff) or are trying to get the new dragons themselves (because Blancblacks are still not dropping in big numbers).

Thanks. That helps in a different way. I have a lot of those two headeds and don't really like them. Maybe I can try trading them for something cool. I wish purple Siyats were worth more. I keep this egg on my scroll forever and it's just as common as green ones! Haha. Maybe I can get a nice 2G Monarch from a Siyat. 

13 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

I have a lot of those two headeds

HOW?! Even if I SEE any of those (only TWO yesterday) they're taken way too fast for me. Are those things meant to be rare or what?

edit: I'm just glad that at least *someone* manages to get some - I just got dragged out of my pit of frustration :wub:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

HOW?! Even if I SEE any of those (only TWO yesterday) they're taken way too fast for me. Are those things meant to be rare or what?

edit: I'm just glad that at least *someone* manages to get some - I just got dragged out of my pit of frustration :wub:

I didn't CATCH them. I traded for them. Mostly 3G tinsels the day after they came out. Do you need a pair? You have a buttzillion amount of dragons (OVER 9000!!! According to the banner) but I seriously don't mind. After mentioning that I like Monarchs I got three PMs just randomly gifting some to me, and I need to free at least 2 spaces to accept these pretties!

To stay on topic, is Spinel breeding STILL messed up? I can't breed any more of my Spinels, but are Green x Green STILL making reds or was that ever fixed? This was the last spinel I bred:https://dragcave.net/lineage/V1sVM...a Green x Green and it made a red. If this is a change that was meant to be, great. Interesting lineages! If not, I'm curious! The bugged Spinel topic hasn't been updated since I last posted, so I dunno if it's fixed or not.

Just now, Suzumiya said:

Do you need a pair?

I'm totally fine now, thanks for offering though :)

(Most of my sit-upon-zillion dragons are bred commons, I'd say. Plus a good chunk of CB commons to breed with, of course. I do have about a page worth of rares, though not much to trade with.)

My question still stands though: are these new 2-headeds meant to be this rare? Anyone know?

(my spinels gave no egg)

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I'm totally fine now, thanks for offering though :)

(Most of my sit-upon-zillion dragons are bred commons, I'd say. Plus a good chunk of CB commons to breed with, of course. I do have about a page worth of rares, though not much to trade with.)

My question still stands though: are these new 2-headeds meant to be this rare? Anyone know?

(my spinels gave no egg)

Dang spinels! I seriously hope Green x Green can produce reds now. This would open a whole new world for lovely checkers!

I dunno about the 2 heads. I'm shocked they're so rare. Usually 2 heads aren't rare at all, at most uncommon (Bloodscales, at least for me). It's really weird how these just vanished from the biomes. I dunno if people are hoarding them because they're the prettiest 2 heads I've seen so far (Bloodscales ALMOST beat them, but these are gorgeous) or what.

I'm a bit dense now. If I bred something last week at 10:22 am cavetime, does it come off cooldown today at 11:22 am or 09:22 am?

(Our daylight savings start in 2 weeks ...)

@Lagie Thank you! :)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I'm a bit dense now. If I bred something last week at 10:22 am cavetime, does it come off cooldown today at 11:22 am or 09:22 am?

(Our daylight savings start in 2 weeks ...)

9.22 am

@Ruby Eyes I think someone else reported that they had to wait an hour longer? So, 11:22. Because the clock got turned forwards, so it shows one hour later than it would be in standard time. So, it needs to be 11:22 summer daylight saving time to be 10:22 in standard time...