Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Does anyone know if we're getting a new release drop tonight at midnight cave time?

31 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Does anyone know if we're getting a new release drop tonight at midnight cave time?

No one but TJ.

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

No one but TJ.

Gotcha thanks. :)

Anyway to mass remove dragons from an existing group?

I added the wrong breed to an existing group.  I want to remove all 34 dragon of that breed instead of creating a new group.  Thanks.

As far as I know there is no way to mass remove them. However, if you have the group open each dragon will have the "add to group" link beside it. You can just open that dropdown and uncheck the dragon/s you want to remove. When you refresh or close and reopen the group, those dragons will be gone.

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

As far as I know there is no way to mass remove them. However, if you have the group open each dragon will have the "add to group" link beside it. You can just open that dropdown and uncheck the dragon/s you want to remove. When you refresh or close and reopen the group, those dragons will be gone.

Ahhhhh…… so much work for a small misclick *cry*

Do we have a thread to discuss / ask question about the Fandom Dragon Cave Wiki site?

@purplehaze  Thank you for the link!   PS: removing 34 dragons wasn't too bad.  But imagine if it was like over a thousand  *pointing at your split army* :P

Edited by QVic

24 minutes ago, QVic said:

Ahhhhh…… so much work for a small misclick *cry*

Not so bad if you do it within the group because at least you don't have to open each dragon's view page first.

5 minutes ago, QVic said:

Do we have a thread to discuss / ask question about the Fandom Dragon Cave Wiki site?

Yes, it is under the Fansites section - https://forums.dragcave.net/topic/150846-dragon-cave-wiki/

39 minutes ago, SakuraHimitsu said:

What does SA stand for? I keep seeing it in the trading page of things people want.

Spriter's Alt. Spriters that make holiday dragons get 'alternate' (ie, different colored) versions of that dragon, and descendants from those alts are often highly wanted.

On 4/8/2019 at 12:18 AM, SakuraHimitsu said:

What does SA stand for? I keep seeing it in the trading page of things people want.

Spriter's Alts are SO highly wanted right now that you can't even get a 2G with a 2G Prize from a common plus a few unbreedables (at least, my attempts failed). I totally understand and appreciate this, though. Spriter's deserve this for all their hard work and their beautiful dragons! I just wish I had any talent at all in art. Hah. 

I stunned a 2G tinsel. First time stunning one of these (forgot to send the teleport link to the person who she was being sent to, didn't want her to grow up). I've stunned a few commons before and all they seem to do is take about an extra couple hours to grow up. Tinsels are slow growers. How low can the tinsel possibly get before finally growing up? I don't want her to get sick or die, or turn into an ND (of course, if that happened, I'm sure her new owner would be okay with it) because she gets to less than 1 day because of a stun. I've had non-stunned tinsels sit at 2d 20hrs before even gendering. 

20 minutes ago, Kurokosworth said:

How would you rank zyus from most to least wanted/rare?

This seemed a pretty good way to gauge trades for a while, but the one or other point might have slipped since then (I stopped paying very much attention):

1. forest/white/silver

2. jungle/yellow/gold

3. coast/pink

4. alpine/black

5. desert/blue

6. volcano/red

Be sure to get other opinions! :)

I feel like the yellows might be the hardest to get -- at least they were for me. I just got my 8th CB of those a few weeks ago to complete my scroll goal. I had had all the others for quite awhile.

If someone were to create a dragon concept, but they didn't sprite the dragon and it was implemented into the site, would they be able to implement said dragon into a story of theirs or sell personal illustrations of this dragon? Or would they have to ask permission to use what they originally created?

I've never been very clear on how all of that works, especially concept creators are given very little credit unless they actually sprite the dragons.

Just incubated the wrong egg so I need to ask. Does incubating an egg cancle a Ward?

41 minutes ago, Wiz said:

Just incubated the wrong egg so I need to ask. Does incubating an egg cancle a Ward?

The egg's view page should tell you if it's still warded.

11 hours ago, Kurokosworth said:

How would you rank zyus from most to least wanted/rare?

The one you need to complete a set is the rarest. I swear the algorithms know this.

10 hours ago, HopSketch said:

If someone were to create a dragon concept, but they didn't sprite the dragon and it was implemented into the site, would they be able to implement said dragon into a story of theirs or sell personal illustrations of this dragon? Or would they have to ask permission to use what they originally created?

I've never been very clear on how all of that works, especially concept creators are given very little credit unless they actually sprite the dragons.

I would say not OK without the permission of the ARTIST:

https://dragcave.net/agreement/1.1.pdf 

Before derivative works may be made, the artist will be contacted and must consent. If the artist does not respond within 30 days of being contacted, permission is granted by default.

The ARTIST. The concept creator is not the artist.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

12 hours ago, Wiz said:

Ward should last the full 6 hours, as incubation takes a day off the egg's time left but does not change the actual age of an egg.

21 hours ago, HopSketch said:

What fuzzbucket said, plus you should probably ask TJ (or a mod if TJ overlooks your pm) with regards to copyright or trademark or exclusive use and all that jazz, especially if you plan to make any profit.

On 4/9/2019 at 8:45 AM, Suzumiya said:

How low can the tinsel possibly get before finally growing up?

If the new owner puts it in 3 or 4 hatcheries (particularly high use ones like AOND or Hatching Club) it should grow up in half a day, or a day at most. Neglecteds won't happen until it's down to past 1 hour left, and hatchlings past ER time are incapable of getting sick. Plus hatcheries will give an even stronger boost if a dragon does somehow end up under 1 day left, so it's guaranteed to grow in the 24 hours left then.

Also I would be less pleased with a 2g prize neglected than I would with either one separately, because the prize lineage is no longer continuable and the neglected is not CB.

On 3/28/2019 at 6:57 AM, Naughtrish said:

This seems odd to me. I unhid an ER egg this morning and wanted to ward it until it hatches, and it said "already protected". I know I did not ward it, it does not show in my action log. How can this be possible? FYI it is a 2nd gen prize. Thanks for any help :) 

In case you are still unaware, Ward can only be used on an egg once, and after that the (Already protected) note will stay even after Ward wears off. Since you got it in a trade and it was a valuable egg, most likely the owner had to ward it earlier in its life before trading. Sorry for replying late to a post, but I noticed no one answered with enough info so I hope this helps.

Edited by Shadowdrake

19 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

hatchlings past ER time are incapable of getting sick.

Actually are you sure about that ? I could swear I had had ER hatchies that I blitzed that got sick. Can't prove it, but I will test in a week or two.

I was looking at other users' lineages and chanced across a rudely-named dragon. Is there a way to report those? If so, how? Or should I let that slip, the way one does rudely-coded dragons?

23 minutes ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

I was looking at other users' lineages and chanced across a rudely-named dragon. Is there a way to report those? If so, how? Or should I let that slip, the way one does rudely-coded dragons?

PM a mod, or TJ.

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Actually are you sure about that ? I could swear I had had ER hatchies that I blitzed that got sick. Can't prove it, but I will test in a week or two.

Alright, *very very unlikely* to be sick past ER times. Honestly the only way I could see that happening is if one got majorly sick then stunned so it somehow remained sick even after it could technically grow up, given I've had regular hatchies be at 1200+ UV before they hit 4 days and didn't get sick at all, which is around the amount my prizes grow too.

2 hours ago, Kakaru_of_DOOM said:

rudely-coded dragons

Rude-coded dragons have no limitations because they're randomly generated by the game and only happen to be picked up, but rude names explicitly break rules and therefore should be reported.

4 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Alright, *very very unlikely* to be sick past ER times. Honestly the only way I could see that happening is if one got majorly sick then stunned so it somehow remained sick even after it could technically grow up, given I've had regular hatchies be at 1200+ UV before they hit 4 days and didn't get sick at all, which is around the amount my prizes grow too.

The one I had weren't sick when I went to blitz them; they were (mostly prize) hatchies that were below 4 days and I wanted the space - or on occasion, wanted them safely grown up as I was about to be away), so I blitzed them. Definitely not stunned. No point doing that and delaying things, when I wanted a space !