Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

7 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Wow, I didn't even know there were notifications on DragCave. Can somebody who is more tech-savvy than I tell me where to find them and turn them off? I just looked on the Help page and the Account Settings page and found nothing. 😮

Unless you are using Blackout or Dinocave skin, there should be a bell symbol somewhere on the site for you, which leads to this: https://dragcave.net/notifications

(I don't think you can really turn them off.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

You only have to click on the bell and they go away. 

I didn't even notice the bell. Can we make it more obvious? The forums bell has a red number when we have notifications, something my eye will actually see.

Now you know it's there you won't miss it.

I've qualified for the raise-3-dragons-from-Coast raffle this month, but I did not raise three. Aside from the two arcanae, I see nothing else since October that could qualify for the raffle. Am I blind to a dragon that's there that I've skipped over? I don't think it's counting my Cave Halloweens...? I mean, no complaints that I could enter the drawing early, but I want to play fair!

7 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Now you know it's there you won't miss it.

I do. All the time. It just doesn't stand out.

Just now, quinney said:

My bell disappeared a while ago.

I think if you have had no unread notifications for a certain amount of time the bell goes away until you get another notification.

It hasn't come back with your answer.  I got a message saying I had a notification for your post. I've cleared cache but still no bell.  Have I somehow swapped the bell for message notifications?

15 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

I've qualified for the raise-3-dragons-from-Coast raffle this month, but I did not raise three. Aside from the two arcanae, I see nothing else since October that could qualify for the raffle. Am I blind to a dragon that's there that I've skipped over? I don't think it's counting my Cave Halloweens...? I mean, no complaints that I could enter the drawing early, but I want to play fair!

Maybe it counted this - at least I don't see anything else :o

1 minute ago, quinney said:

It hasn't come back with your answer.  I got a message saying I had a notification for your post. I've cleared cache but still no bell.  Have I somehow swapped the bell for message notifications?

There is two different bells, there is one on the forums that do the notifications for the forum that is by the message by the search.

And then there is a bell on the site itself that is right by the logged in as [your username] on the top of the website.

14 minutes ago, quinney said:

The bell referred to here is the one on your scroll. Which is quite separate from the forum.

21 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

The bell referred to here is the one on your scroll. Which is quite separate from the forum.

Well, I don't have one on my scroll anymore.

Lady Dragoon - yeah, I get it now!

Edited by quinney

52 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

Maybe it counted this - at least I don't see anything else :o

OH! Coast chicken. I forgot about her. She is a dragon in spirit. :lol: Thank you!

20 minutes ago, quinney said:

Well, I don't have one on my scroll anymore.

It goes away when you have had no new notifications for - I forget how long !

18 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

OH! Coast chicken. I forgot about her. She is a dragon in spirit. :lol: Thank you!

You're welcome ;) Had a hard time seeing her at all... they are just so small :D

To collect the six Zyumorphs from different biomes for purposes of summoning, do all six need to be caveborn? Or can any be bred?

Thank you in advance. 

22 minutes ago, missy_ said:

To collect the six Zyumorphs from different biomes for purposes of summoning, do all six need to be caveborn? Or can any be bred?

Thank you in advance. 

They don't need to be caveborn, they can be bred. :)

I have problems with the @member thing when I post. Different issues, but annoying all the same.

Sometimes (like just a moment ago), when I don't know if a person is on the forums and I start typing the name, the little pop-up box with the suggested (different) names doesn't go away, not even when I delete the @. It doesn't move either, so I can't see a thing underneath it.

Sometimes, my cursor moves into the blue name after the @ for some reason. It gets lost there. I can't go on from there, as neither "Enter" nor any other key registers. Copying stuff there is impossible, too. I can still write everywhere else, but I can't go beyond the box.

I use a PC.

Help, please?

You usually have to backspace at least twice to make it go away, if that helps.

I can't seem to find a thread talking about my question, or even anything close to it, and the wiki page is what got me confused. I managed to catch a pink dragon egg, and its a hatching right now, and i just managed to find the same egg, but this one is being called a flamingo  instead of a pink dragon, I'm trying to catch the pink dragons for the BSA ability, does the replaced pinks with flamingos still have that BSA ability or is it still only the pink dragons, if so will they ever change the description for the egg so you don't catch a flamingo when you want a pink. The wiki doesn't really explain is it has the same BSA abilities.

@borntobefree

Having the same description does not mean they are the same dragon. Pinks and Flamingos are two different dragons, only Pinks have the BSA, and they are found in different biomes.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

5 minutes ago, borntobefree said:

I can't seem to find a thread talking about my question, or even anything close to it, and the wiki page is what got me confused. I managed to catch a pink dragon egg, and its a hatching right now, and i just managed to find the same egg, but this one is being called a flamingo  instead of a pink dragon, I'm trying to catch the pink dragons for the BSA ability, does the replaced pinks with flamingos still have that BSA ability or is it still only the pink dragons, if so will they ever change the description for the egg so you don't catch a flamingo when you want a pink. The wiki doesn't really explain is it has the same BSA abilities.

Flamingos don't have BSA. They share their description with Pinks, which can be bit frustrating when seeking just one or the other.

I advice to avoid Coast and Jungle biomes when hunting for the Pinks (which are everywhere). Or if you happen to have pair of Pinks already, you can try breeding the Pinks to get more of them.

10 minutes ago, borntobefree said:

The Flamingo is a totally different breed that just happens to share the egg description of the Pink dragon. It doesn't have the influence BSA. The Flamingo eggs are only found in the Coast and the Jungle biomes, so if you stick to the other biomes for hunting those "bright and pink" eggs, you will be sure they are Pink dragons.

lots of ninjas! XD 

Edited by purplehaze

Thanks, 4 more adults and I get my 5th egg, but these 4 day hatching times are killing me, any tips on getting red dragons? happened again with those, thought i got a red dragon and it turns out to be something royal crimson or some such.

Also those eggs you have in the market where you can buy them, do they have lineages or are they like the ones from biomes, where they are the foundation breeders.