Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, Dirtytabs said:

Ooh, when did the "trading history" become a Thing?

It was introduced with the trading hub.

36 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It was introduced with the trading hub.

Ha. Silly me, I never bothered to look that way then. :rolleyes:

How many Reds do you aim for so you don't run out of incubates during mass grabbing events like Halloween (and such)? Share your experience, please :)

59 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

How many Reds do you aim for so you don't run out of incubates during mass grabbing events like Halloween (and such)? Share your experience, please :)

I have 154 (platinum trophy) and so far have never run short.

1 hour ago, Soulsborne said:

I have 91 (platinum) and I didn't run out this year for the first time.

I have 112, and I have come very close to running out with that number but never run out completely (platinum trophy). 

Ooooh, that means I'll have to collect a lot more (currently at ~30) 😅 I think, I'll aim for ~60 until Christmas (with gold trophy then).

Thanks to all of you ❤️

Odd. I have 95 - platinum trophy - and have never run out.

Yet.

Are Aethers particularly picky breeders or something? It seems like more often than not when I try to breed them, I get a refusal. :rolleyes:

36 minutes ago, Aqub said:

Are Aethers particularly picky breeders or something? It seems like more often than not when I try to breed them, I get a refusal. :rolleyes:

I've had no problem with them. Use fertility on your first breeding of a pair. Goes a long way toward preventing refusals!

7 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Odd. I have 95 - platinum trophy - and have never run out.

Yet.

Me neither and I only have 30.  lol

On 11/16/2018 at 9:18 AM, Belisar said:

Oh purple Striped would be awesome!!!!! We need more colours :3

Question: I've always wondered.. can eggs hatch, when they are sick, or do they need to heal first?

I soooo hate hatching Morphs -.-

They can hatch while sick, but the sickness seems to delay the process. Case in point: TJ’s eggs during new releases have way more views than they need to hatch, but do so slowly because they’re sick. The same usually happens with things like Prizes and Zyus—they get to the final crack, get sick, then take a couple extra hours.

5 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

They can hatch while sick, but the sickness seems to delay the process. Case in point: TJ’s eggs during new releases have way more views than they need to hatch, but do so slowly because they’re sick. The same usually happens with things like Prizes and Zyus—they get to the final crack, get sick, then take a couple extra hours.

Aaaah that might explain it - the delaying thing.

My other eggs usually hatch very quickly when being in the final crack status. But when they are sick it takes like forever. I tend to fog them and wait until they are cured, but this time I wanted to know it for real. ;)

It has hatched, by the way, way more than an hour later. ^^

Edited by Belisar

9 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I don't think that is the reason. Fact is TJ's eggs are way too young - they are being popped into existence right when their thread gets created, and they don't have that 4 day borderline to cross for hatching. Essentially, they all are gathering stats so fast that any regular egg would die on the same day which is why these get sick almost instantly, they just don't die from it since they're TJ's.

But experience says that the younger an egg is, the more stats it needs to hatch. Let it sit for 5 days and it needs way lower stats than one that you want to hatch after only 2 days (compare the stats required for hatching Siyats of different colours). In order to hatch as soon as TJ's eggs do, they need horrifically high stats to overcome the age part of the hatching requirement.

I suspect if TJ programmed an egg to get a billion views (random guess!) the moment it is laid, it might hatch instantly XD and be sick for a year or so.

@Ruby Eyes eh, who knows? I’ve watched Prizes and Luminas and GoNs and such get sick and then take extra hours to hatch even without time altering shenanigans, so I know for fact that sickness slows hatching. What other stuff might be going on with TJ’s, only he can say. I figured he just adjusted their internal clock to make the cave see them as truly 4 days left or whatever, but then they get so sick it still takes a while to hatch. Maybe it’s something else, maybe not, haha.

I discovered a small problem. The progeny link on a dragon's page doesn't work properly if the mate is deceased. I own a dragon with a deceased father, and when I go look at the mother's page, my dragon isn't in the progeny at all.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/amRU

hxxps://dragcave.net/progeny/0e0F

Is this supposed to happen, or is that a bug?

Edited by Beldarius

1 hour ago, Beldarius said:

I discovered a small problem. The progeny link on a dragon's page doesn't work properly if the mate is deceased. I own a dragon with a deceased father, and when I go look at the mother's page, my dragon isn't in the progeny at all.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/amRU

hxxps://dragcave.net/progeny/0e0F

Is this supposed to happen, or is that a bug?

It looks like a bug, so let's ping @TJ09 about it.

On 11/16/2018 at 3:18 PM, Belisar said:

Oh purple Striped would be awesome!!!!! We need more colours :3

Yes, purple and brown (for yellow/orange/brown breeds) being front and foremost! (I don't usually like brown, but with the stripes, it looks quite good.) Also, magenta. :) 

10 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@Ruby Eyes eh, who knows? I’ve watched Prizes and Luminas and GoNs and such get sick and then take extra hours to hatch even without time altering shenanigans, so I know for fact that sickness slows hatching. What other stuff might be going on with TJ’s, only he can say. I figured he just adjusted their internal clock to make the cave see them as truly 4 days left or whatever, but then they get so sick it still takes a while to hatch. Maybe it’s something else, maybe not, haha.

Don't forget Nhiostrifes in your little list of stubborn beasts. Compare their hatching stat needs to other breeds.

I've never had sick ER Prizes (aka showing 4d or less) that weren't incubated though (aka time-altering shenanigans). The only breed where I saw this happen *ever* was Sunrise eggs, for obvious reasons.

Question time! When a thread is cleaned (like the 'community notice board' thread right now...) does that affect our post count at all? I mean, I've made a lot of posts in that thread, does cleaning out the thread delete those posts from my count? Or is there a way to do that without affecting post counts?

I don't think it can, or our levels wouldn't hold up.

ETA: Issue appears to be fixed. It now seems to be working now for me; ( the below problem cleared up) am not sure what happened. 

Original post below (I am no longer having this issue):

I am having a problem editing a post of mine in the trading center. Was trying to edit a link but one of two things happen. 

1. I can view the post but not edit it 

2. I get the following error message:

JyQTwX9.png?1

Edited by missy_

Can someone please advise about a lowtime egg that I influenced and have popped into and out of a teleport for trading purposes BUT never traded?

I thought since it didn't actually go zooming through the teleport to another person that the influence would hold?

I just went to influence a different egg, and noticed the egg in question had a message stating "not enough time" to influence -- which is true, since it is 2 days now, but I had previously influenced it in time. 

Will the influence hold? 

Thank you in advance. 

@missy_ As long as you never traded the egg to someone else, I don't see why the influence would go away- it didn't when I started a trade with one of my influenced eggs. It's probably just saying "not enough time" because the egg is low time and not because the influence was erased or anything like that. 

They always show that message  - influenced or not.