Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

@borntobefree Send me a PM, and once I'm not egg-locked any more, I'll breed you some reds. 

If you want to hunt your own, you can find them in Volcano and Desert, I think. "This egg is rather warm." is the description you should be aiming for.

ETA: The eggs from the market are CB, just like those you catch in the biomes. Only difference is that the market eggs have "Market" listed as biome (which works the same as the cave biome, I think), and that market eggs cannot be traded.

Edited by olympe

Ok so magi dragon egg died maybe about a week ago had it hasn't disappeared from my scroll but I can still have 4 eggs is there was way to get rid of it, every time I look at the dead egg sprite I feel bad... 😕

3 minutes ago, 123JLN said:

Ok so magi dragon egg died maybe about a week ago had it hasn't disappeared from my scroll but I can still have 4 eggs is there was way to get rid of it, every time I look at the dead egg sprite I feel bad... 😕

Just 1 more week - they stay for exactly 2 weeks after death. It doesn't take up a slot though.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Just 1 more week - they stay for exactly 2 weeks after death. It doesn't take up a slot though.

Ok thanks. 

Um.. so my encyclopedia knew what the siyat was as a hatchling, but now that it's an adult it doens't recognize it as a siyat. Is that supposed to happen..?

1 minute ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

Um.. so my encyclopedia knew what the siyat was as a hatchling, but now that it's an adult it doens't recognize it as a siyat. Is that supposed to happen..?

Do you have all the adults unlocked in the encyclopedia?

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Do you have all the adults unlocked in the encyclopedia?

No but I thought raising a dragon from egg to adult was supposed  to unlock it automatically. Hatching the eggs unlocked the hatching one.

I scarcely ever look at the thing but I find it hard to understand how you can know what something is as a hatchling but when it grows up you somehow forget.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

25 minutes ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

No but I thought raising a dragon from egg to adult was supposed  to unlock it automatically. Hatching the eggs unlocked the hatching one.

I scarcely ever look at the thing but I find it hard to understand how you can know what something is as a hatchling but when it grows up you somehow forget.

The Encyclopedia isn't exactly logical, logically if you have one on your scroll then you know what it is, but it doesn't work that way. Raising a dragon doesn't unlock it, raising *five* dragons unlocks it (I'm pretty sure it's 5 to unlock the adult sprite, I could be wrong in the number, but it's definitely higher then 1). If you scroll over the greyed-out sprite in the encyclopedia entry it *should* show the number needed, though I'm not sure that works all the time.

I think you need to view 5 eggs to unlock the EGG - but I too could be wrong. I do know that it took 330 adult views to unlock everything about the flamingoes...

Own 1 egg, 2 hatchies, raise 3 adults to unlock the sprites.

With observations, it's 5 times as much: observe 5 eggs, 10 hatchies (ungendered and ungendered separately), 15 adults.

You can mix as well: raise 2 adults and observe 5 more to unlock the adult sprite.

Repeat for each colouration.

Unlocking the sprite will make the breed link show up on the individual's view page.

The factoids are unlocked by sheer numbers of ownership and observation, but they have no influence on the behaviour of the site like unlocking sprites does.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

So, I was trying to buy a Red fire gem eggo in the market, when it wouldn't let me buy it. It kept leading to an Error! page not found! page.  I bought another egg and it was fine. I'm egglocked right now so I don't know if it's working now, or if any other eggs are like this, help?

14 minutes ago, Spootedleaf said:

So, I was trying to buy a Red fire gem eggo in the market, when it wouldn't let me buy it. It kept leading to an Error! page not found! page.  I bought another egg and it was fine. I'm egglocked right now so I don't know if it's working now, or if any other eggs are like this, help?

It's not the red Fire Gem hour right now, so it seems you had old content of the Market there. Clearing your cache and refreshing the page might have helped.

Is anyone else having issues with hatcheries being super-slow? AoND, Sivi's, and Valley Sherwood are all being really slow for me this morning. I haven't done much in the cave this morning so I don't know if it's DC lagging, or my computer, or what.

How do you edit your signature? I want to change some things, but I'm not sure where to go since it's been updated... 

1 minute ago, driveshaft0613 said:

How do you edit your signature? I want to change some things, but I'm not sure where to go since it's been updated... 

Top left corner of every forum page, next to your name is a little arrow.

Click that, then Account Settings, then Signature.

2 hours ago, QVic said:

Does Arcana has a spriter's alt version?

Yes, two of them. One is black instead of purple and the other one is blue and based on the Touhou girl Mima.

Where did you see them ? I've only seen Nirami's.

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Where did you see them ? I've only seen Nirami's.

Nirami owns some of their children, and they're also slowly spreading. Someone was trading a 3G from them just the other day.

Returning a question to the thread: How often do the leetle trees drop and how much is that increased (is it increased at all?) around Christmas? I've been hunting for one but haven't seen any in months 😕

15 minutes ago, Arkee said:

Returning a question to the thread: How often do the leetle trees drop and how much is that increased (is it increased at all?) around Christmas? I've been hunting for one but haven't seen any in months 😕

They drop just slightly more often than unbreedables, metals, Xenos or Zyus, at least it seems to me that way. And when they do, they usually stay for a while because everyone can only have one.

Just make sure you're checking the Forest at the 5-minute drops.

Does anyone know what shows up if you try to influence something like a Dino or a Cheese or Paper? Or a Christmas/Valentine's Day Holiday? I know it wouldn't be successful, but does it show a message such as "cannot be influenced" or something?

Yes, the egg shows up in the list of eggs without a link, but with "not available" instead.

edit: yeah, could also be "unavailable for breed", I don't remember the exact wording.

edit: this is what it looks like, with mouse over the unavailability note:

image.png.edbe5df5a107d8dcc98d2afe185ee075.png

Edited by Ruby Eyes

11 minutes ago, sbld said:

Does anyone know what shows up if you try to influence something like a Dino or a Cheese or Paper? Or a Christmas/Valentine's Day Holiday? I know it wouldn't be successful, but does it show a message such as "cannot be influenced" or something?

Although it's been a while since I've seen it, I'm pretty sure it says "unavailable for breed." :) 

1 hour ago, Arkee said:

Nirami owns some of their children, and they're also slowly spreading. Someone was trading a 3G from them just the other day.

😕

Thanks - found a male :)

Someone offered exactly what I want on a trade in trade hubs, but I can't accept because they're egg locked! Am I just destined to wait until they get unlocked or is there ANY way at all to let them know? I'm afraid to cancel the trade and repost with "please don't be egglocked" just in case it counts as conversation or the person won't offer again.