Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 hours ago, rinoa26 said:

No, higher gen checkers are easier. Because bred dragons don't have a biome and so the Copper offspring will always have the colour of the Copper father.

https://dragcave.net/progeny/N6X4s

That assumes the coppers in your checker are male. Luckily in the case asked about here, they will be :D

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That assumes the coppers in your checker are male. Luckily in the case asked about here, they will be :D

That's why I espacially said "Copper father" because it was asked for checkers with male Coppers. Checker with females are easier as you don't have to care about biomes :P 

Never thought about it but checkers with different Copper colours are impossible, right? Because bred Coppers will always be the colour of the mother.

59 minutes ago, rinoa26 said:

Never thought about it but checkers with different Copper colours are impossible, right? Because bred Coppers will always be the colour of the mother.

You wouldn't be able to make a traditional checker, no. You could still make an interesting patter with alternating the order of colours in the baseline. 

Is there a reason why "Bite" is not listed under the BS Actions in the 'Site Help' section of the scroll? Cus when I have my BSA dragons show, the Vampire Dragons are among them.

In the trading want box are we allowed to put group numbers? Not the whole url just the number. For example

"EG PB Autumns unrelated to group 70750" . ~ Thank you @Izabelle

Edited by Wiz

12 minutes ago, StormBirdRising said:

Okay, so.... when did we stop using our passwords for abandon and influence?

I just tested, I still need to use it for influence. Are you not getting the confirmation box at all, or has it changed from password to action-word?

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

I just tested, I still need to use it for influence. Are you not getting the confirmation box at all, or has it changed from password to action-word?

It has changed from password to action word for both of them for me. 

Just now, StormBirdRising said:

It has changed from password to action word for both of them for me. 

Maybe you accidentally changed it in the account settings - though I actually prefer it that way :) so I'm less likely to abandon anything I don't want to (only recently I've sometimes tried to name something "ABANDON" because I still had it copied from before)

2 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

Maybe you accidentally changed it in the account settings - though I actually prefer it that way :) so I'm less likely to abandon anything I don't want to (only recently I've sometimes tried to name something "ABANDON" because I still had it copied from before)

Thanks, that's exactly what I did by accident, I had no idea that feature even existed.

did the female grave dragon sprite get edited recently? i feel like i've never noticed her tail in front of the wings until just now. (or am i just super unobservant?)

15 minutes ago, Lady Dragoon said:

Do the five Xeno breeds count as different breeds for the Unique Breed count?

Yes. But there are six :)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes. But there are six :)

Oops, I guess that what I get for not looking up the number and just going by memory. XD

Thanks! Now I know what dragon breeds I don't have and don't have to spend my time trying to figure it out.

I want to fiddle around with my signature but I don't want to risk losing any of the code.  With the new (to me) setup I can't figure out how to get it to show the code from my existing signature so I can safely copy it somewhere in case I (a) screw something up or (b) want to tweak/change it some more.  

Is there a way to do this? 

Thanks in advance. :)

12 minutes ago, missy_ said:

I want to fiddle around with my signature but I don't want to risk losing any of the code.  With the new (to me) setup I can't figure out how to get it to show the code from my existing signature so I can safely copy it somewhere in case I (a) screw something up or (b) want to tweak/change it some more.  

Is there a way to do this? 

Thanks in advance. :)

Just highlight your entire signature and copy it. This will copy all the formatting, too. To save it, go to the personal notepad part of your profile and paste it there. Make sure to hit normal "paste" and not "paste without formatting" or "paste as plain text." Save your current signature to your notepad then you can come back and copy it all again in case anything goes wrong. :D

But the links will NOT hold up. You will have to add them manually.

Thank you, Aqub and Fuzzbucket. Aqub, your instructions were great (I found everything easily; didn't even know we had a private notepad now).  As Fuzzbucket stated, the links did not hold up. 

I chose "Paste as plain text" but it did not show the original formatting.  Hopefully saving the whole thing will work. Thanks! :)

I'm not seeing anything about this on the site-- I'm getting tombstone errors ALL the time the past few days, is this a known problem or is my computer buggy?

A few people have posted, but I've only had about two in the last week.

4 hours ago, tjekan said:

I'm not seeing anything about this on the site-- I'm getting tombstone errors ALL the time the past few days, is this a known problem or is my computer buggy?

You have, uh, a lot of unread notifications (300+, it seems), which the site was not doing a good job of capping at all, creating frequent timeouts.

It should be better now.

Wow, I didn't even know there were notifications on DragCave. Can somebody who is more tech-savvy than I tell me where to find them and turn them off? I just looked on the Help page and the Account Settings page and found nothing. 😮