Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Yeah, if they hatch in the AP they will be okay - they'll just go back to the end of the Halloween wall but their timer will be back to 7 days. Last year there was a forum event where people grabbed the incuhatchable eggs, stuck them in a bunch of hatcheries and put them back in the AP to hatch. After all the Halloween eggs were picked up there was a big wall of Halloween hatchlings that got cleared out real quick. :) I don't think any of them died in the wall but this year it might be close.

I've been doing it for about 5 hours today but finally found enough keeper eggs that I'm locked again. :lol: I'll be back at it once some babies grow up.

2 hours ago, tjekan said:

Did the AP eggs drop down to 3 days this quickly previous years? I don't remember that happening before, but I could have just forgotten. We're only to the eggs bred Oct 28th and they're already too lowtime to influence. I'm worried the eggs bred on Halloween won't even survive long enough to pick up. Does anyone remember how the timing usually works on that?

I noticed that and was really surprised as well. More people focusing on bred or CB this year, I guess? Weird that it's so drastic. Maybe more people focused on CBs knowing they'd be back this year? Bred stuff is more fun, guys! ;___;

I'll get what I can tomorrow, hopefully we raise it back to influencable age.

There has definitely been a shift of focus with the advent of the halloween biome.  More people are grabbing cb and locking themselves while still breeding as before with fewer people with room to pick them up.  The AP had been gradually falling in time this week and was close to 3 day when the 1st rolled over.  I barely bred any of mine and it's just as well.  Though I sent 2nd gen pb omen eggs in the last few minutes of breeding as it isn't critical on gender with pb dragons.  

I do think there will be a rush on the AP soon as the first wave of new eggs (incubated) hatch in a few hours.

It's strange that the times are STILL going down. Over the week, yes, they went steadily down, because more new eggs were being bred than picked up. But no new Halloween eggs have been bred for almost a full day now. You would think the numbers would now be going steadily up. I suppose we are all just egglocked. Maybe the numbers will start going up again tomorrow and I will have worried for nothing. 🙂 I bred some cool checkers for the AP on Halloween, and I'd hate for them to just die.

Yeah, the first possible new-Halloween eggs are just hatching now (mine still have a few hours to go) so I'm assuming the AP time is still so low because most people are locked with those new eggs. Hopefully once people start unlocking we'll see the time going up a bit. 

6 hours ago, tjekan said:

It's strange that the times are STILL going down.

Not really. The first new release eggs started hatching only 1 hour *after* your post - up to then, almost everyone was egglocked. XD

Over the course of today, as eggslots become available, those AP eggs will be taken care of.

1 minute ago, Soulsborne said:

Am I the only one who sees an error page when clicking on the "Alpine" biome? :o All others seem to work fine.

Try clearing cache & cookies?

5 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Not really. The first new release eggs started hatching only 1 hour *after* your post - up to then, almost everyone was egglocked. XD

Over the course of today, as eggslots become available, those AP eggs will be taken care of.

True-- it should have been nonzero, though. I'm sure I wasn't the only user who left one egg slot open so they could keep grabbing and hatching incuhatchable eggs. Since NO new eggs were being added to the AP, the only way for the timers to keep going down is if people were taking AP eggs at a slower rate than the real-time hours were actually passing. Maybe I *was* the only one who left an eggslot open... 😄

From what I can tell, hatcheries are taking 1 to 2 hours to hatch these.

The AP displays 36 eggs at a time, but there must be thousands of Halloweens that people (myself included) bred to the AP near the end of the breeding week.

It's just going to take a while to clean all that up.

1 hour ago, tjekan said:

True-- it should have been nonzero, though. I'm sure I wasn't the only user who left one egg slot open so they could keep grabbing and hatching incuhatchable eggs. Since NO new eggs were being added to the AP, the only way for the timers to keep going down is if people were taking AP eggs at a slower rate than the real-time hours were actually passing. Maybe I *was* the only one who left an eggslot open... 😄

Actually I'm sure there were more eggs added to the AP in the time frame.  It's not a holiday exclusive AP.  

Are there any dragons other than Nocturnes and Spirit Wards that change their appearance based on time of day? I want to make a lineage of dragons that have different day/night forms but I'm having trouble remembering if there are any others. :unsure:

Quick question, if you use the Stun BSA, does it allow you to then use the influence ability if it was below the mark which says, "Not enough time"? I found a beautiful lineage I want to continue, but my Aeon told me it'd hatch the wrong gender.

@Aqub. Zombies... ;) But that was it, I think. All others are sister breeds where the actual breed depends on the time of day the egg is bred (glory drakes, solstices) or hatched (sunrise/sunset)

@Syiren: You cannot stun eggs...

Just now, olympe said:

@Aqub. Zombies... ;) But that was it, I think. All others are sister breeds where the actual breed depends on the time of day the egg is bred (glory drakes, solstices) or hatched (sunrise/sunset)

@Syiren: You cannot stun eggs...

*slaps forehead* You're right. I'm spacin' out. trying so hard to grab what I can while hatching other babies and tossing them back and it's making me forget basic stuff. Thanks. ^_^;

@Syiren I must admit, I wasn't too sure, either. But I was sure enough to check anyway. ;) 

~~~

Why????

image.png.f1a1659c46c71b9d4dc1448421687cc8.png

I thought an egg was influence-able until it was below 3 days... Apparently not. 😢

Edited by olympe

Only until exactly 3 days, sadly. So 3 days and 1 hour is okay, 3 days and 0 hours is not - because when it displays 3 days, it's technically already below that, it's any time between 2 days 23 hours and 1 second, and 3 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds.

Are Aeon Wyverns particularly fussy breeders? I'm aware caveborn Aeons can be difficult to come by but I'm unsure if that extends to bred Aeons.

In my experience, yeah, they're pretty fussy. Sometimes I get lucky but it usually takes many attempts before any of mine breed true - lately I've had better luck breeding Coppers than Aeons. Getting an Aeon egg from a breeding is still easier than catching CB ones though.

I appreciate the answer, thank you! I've only bred them a few times myself, and with such a small sample size I couldn't reliably say if they were fussy or if mine were just stubborn. Except the one that bred super fast, which was nice although it was likely an outlier going by what you've experienced.

Good to know that breeding them is easier than catching them, it's such a useful BSA that I really should have been less particular about whether they were CB or not. Cheers! ^_^

Edit:

Thank you both Aalbiel and Soulsborne for adding some more information! I'm not sure if I'll be breeding purebred or with Holidays yet but it's good to see feedback from more players. Here's to hoping mine are cooperative when I start working on breeding them. XD

Edited by Omen

I've never had any problem getting Aeons from breeding myself, but maybe I'm just lucky.