Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Just to confirm: Are numbers treated like letters when it comes to dragon names?  I have a hatchling I wanted to name so I wouldn't accidentally abandon it, so as I usually do when I haven't thought of a name yet, I named it with its own code.  But I got an error saying I used an inappropriate word.  Took a while for me to figure out, but I guess it treats the letter "7" like a "T"?  Dragon in question.

Are there other cases of numbers being treated like letters?

3 hours ago, Cielmuir said:

Just to confirm: Are numbers treated like letters when it comes to dragon names?  I have a hatchling I wanted to name so I wouldn't accidentally abandon it, so as I usually do when I haven't thought of a name yet, I named it with its own code.  But I got an error saying I used an inappropriate word.  Took a while for me to figure out, but I guess it treats the letter "7" like a "T"?  Dragon in question.

Are there other cases of numbers being treated like letters?

Leetspeak isn't as popular as it once was, but I do recall some years back people figuring out other inappropriate names by association. Ti7s and 7i7s are not allowed but Ti7 was-- l33tspeaking birds rejoice. Vag1na is censored as is p3nis. I'm assuming the staff went through a list of normal censored words, substituted numbers where they could, and added all those to the list too.

Huh, p0rn is blocked but not pr0n, interesting. I sure hope my account isn't going to be flagged for curiously trying these word corruptions =P

Edited by Nine

4 hours ago, Laurelin said:

I asked myself why some dragons in my Dragon Encyclopedia  are not unlocked. I ´m very long here on DC and I have all dragons, included dinos and chickens.

But the market says if I want to buy a dino egg: "Breed not unlocked -Unlock egg in encyclopedia to purchase"

Well, I´m a casual player and surely I will not sit here and try to catch these eggs again cause I have the aduts on my scroll. Do I have this right that I´m not able to buy at example a dino before I catch an egg again?

I´m not a native speaker so I´m sorry if my english maybe is not good enough.

Thank you in advance for answering. 🙂

You don't have to catch or own them, just view them. Whatever we had on our scrolls when the encyclopaedia was introduced doesn't count.

9 hours ago, Laurelin said:

I asked myself why some dragons in my Dragon Encyclopedia  are not unlocked. I ´m very long here on DC and I have all dragons, included dinos and chickens.

But the market says if I want to buy a dino egg: "Breed not unlocked -Unlock egg in encyclopedia to purchase"

Well, I´m a casual player and surely I will not sit here and try to catch these eggs again cause I have the aduts on my scroll. Do I have this right that I´m not able to buy at example a dino before I catch an egg again?

I´m not a native speaker so I´m sorry if my english maybe is not good enough.

Thank you in advance for answering. 🙂

You can also use the Encyclopedia Helpers thread to find adults to view.

3 minutes ago, FoxintheBox said:

Are eggs bought from market tradable or not?

On the top of the market page it says: "Eggs bought from the market are not protected against sickness, cannot be traded, and will list “Market” as their location."

They cannot be teleported at all (so not transferred either), but they can be abandoned.

Are we only allowed three Sinos?

ETA: and what's going on ith my Scroll thing? It's been in hiding for a while. How do I get it back?

Edited by Oddsoxdi

@sbld, @Fuzzbucket, @Lagie

Thank you so much for answering me and helping me. :)
I will try your advices.

It´s probably my fault cause my english is not good enough. I thought I had to catch all those ones once again.

Edited by Laurelin

14 minutes ago, Oddsoxdi said:

No, you can get as many as you want.

So I scored a dragon that has "sex" in its code and I'd like to name it Sexy Witch, or something like that.

Is that sort of 'naughty' name ok? I've just stayed completely away from anything suggestive in my names to be safe. Or is there a particular mod I can ask to be sure?

There's a whole thread.

@Oddsoxdi - looks like the image fell over - where was it ?

Is there any special reason some people want (CB) halloweens from specific biomes?

9 minutes ago, sidmar said:

Is there any special reason some people want (CB) halloweens from specific biomes?

The biome of the mother determines the colour of Coppers, so - yeah if you want to checker that IS important

Also dragon creators will probably use biomes for other 'creatve' breeding schemes in the future, and there'll be no way to get holiday eggs from biomes anymore, so it's sort of protecting ourselves against future headaches. (Otherwise no one would bother getting male dragons from different biomes, because they're currently not used for anything. But undoubtedly they eventually will be.)

Does anyone know whether there are still Halloween ER eggs in the AP? Eggs bred on Halloween would be between 1-1.5 days now, which is less than the current eggs showing in the AP. Does that mean they are now mixed in, or does it just mean we used them all up and are now on to the backlog behind them?

Edited by tjekan

1 hour ago, Oddsoxdi said:

ETA: and what's going on ith my Scroll thing? It's been in hiding for a while. How do I get it back?

Are you talking about your signature banner? It looks like an image generated by Eggs Around the World, but that website is no longer a thing sadly :( It was under a botnet attack a while ago and the owner ended up having to shut it down.

Damn I miss the EATW hatchery and market... XD:( Anyway, it doesn't seem like it'll be coming back, so if you'd like a scroll stats banner you'd need to get another one somewhere else and replace the current image in your sig!

2 hours ago, Oddsoxdi said:

@Oddsoxdi - will this do you ?

oddsoxdi.png

Code is: 

https://dcrecords.tj09.net/banner/oddsoxdi.png

2 hours ago, tjekan said:

Does anyone know whether there are still Halloween ER eggs in the AP? Eggs bred on Halloween would be between 1-1.5 days now, which is less than the current eggs showing in the AP. Does that mean they are now mixed in, or does it just mean we used them all up and are now on to the backlog behind them?

I believe holiday eggs get priority over regular eggs, so Halloween eggs will always appear before regular eggs regardless of how many days they have left. At this point the holiday wall is over, and there shouldn't be any Halloweens in the backlog anymore. Some hatchlings may get abandoned throughout the next 7-8 days so you could possibly still catch more if you're fast and lucky. :)

Is anyone else having a problem seeing their scroll?  I can see my scroll if I use https://dragcave.net/user/Awdz, but even though I am logged into the system, when I try https://dragcave.net/dragons I get an "RIP An error has occurred." message on the cave background, with links only to the forums and the IRC Chat.

I logged out and back in successfully, but when I tried to use the "recording information" link from the cave, I still get the same message. Any idea why?

Every other link seems to work normally; I can do trades, change account settings, etc., I just cannot see my dragons as the scroll owner.  Help??

Thank you, it is fixed now.  :-)

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

I can't for the life of me figure out why my dragon's generation is displaying... incorrectly? Pretty sure it's incorrectly.

image.png.c20177d9a8b2ffd7c33b3653f8b5c331.png

All the great-grandparents, the ones listed as gen 2, are caveborn. So shouldn't they be listed as gen 1? And if not, it's only four generations of dragons being viewed, if they *were* bred, shouldn't I be able to see the parents? Is it maybe because one of the Thuweds is a breed that normally can't be CB?

It is the Thuweds that throw things off. In this case, specifically the Alt Black one. If you check the lineage view of the 2nd gen Magi, you will see that it displays as a gen 3.

I have put 2 eggs into Allure of NDs. One is an influenced Aria egg, CB but I got it from the AP. The other is a noninfluenced Magi egg, which is also CB but from the AP. They are both ER dragons with very similar times (both 3 days), but the Aria is getting 3 times the views. Are there any reasons for this?

I seem to have forgotten my password for the cave.  How do I reset it?

28 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It is the Thuweds that throw things off. In this case, specifically the Alt Black one. If you check the lineage view of the 2nd gen Magi, you will see that it displays as a gen 3.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Classycal said:

I seem to have forgotten my password for the cave.  How do I reset it?

Here is the password reset page! https://dragcave.net/reset

2 hours ago, sbld said:

I have put 2 eggs into Allure of NDs. One is an influenced Aria egg, CB but I got it from the AP. The other is a noninfluenced Magi egg, which is also CB but from the AP. They are both ER dragons with very similar times (both 3 days), but the Aria is getting 3 times the views. Are there any reasons for this?

Probably whoever dropped the Aria already had it in hatcheries.