Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

In the news of the Halloween event it is said that "new event dragons won't be able to breed until next year". Does this only include the new event breed which is released on the 31st or all CBs caught this year? I would like to know so that I don't make pointless breeding plans for the last day (when my first Halloween CBs have grown up).

Edited by Nagapie

None of this year's halloween dragons, bred or cb will be able to breed another holiday during this breeding season.  Even if they grow up before the 1st they will have a breeding cooldown in effect.

24 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

None of this year's halloween dragons, bred or cb will be able to breed another holiday during this breeding season.  Even if they grow up before the 1st they will have a breeding cooldown in effect.

Thanks for the clarification. It's my first Halloween on DC so I'm not familiar with how it goes. That made me think of another thing I wanted to confirm, however. Will these dragons still be available to breed non-holiday dragons after the event, but before next Halloween?

5 minutes ago, Nagapie said:

Will these dragons still be available to breed non-holiday dragons after the event, but before next Halloween?

Yes.

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Yes.

Thank you so much. Feels much better to know for certain how this works.

I'm trying to catch some omen from AP but not with a lot of luck.  I saw an influx of cavern lurker a couple hours ago.  now, it is a wall of shadow walkers.  does the AP rotates with breed during certain time of the day?

8 minutes ago, teresadurfin said:

I'm trying to catch some omen from AP but not with a lot of luck.  I saw an influx of cavern lurker a couple hours ago.  now, it is a wall of shadow walkers.  does the AP rotates with breed during certain time of the day?

Not really - it depends on what people breed.

(Also, it appears that players tend to grab the eggs from current "AP minorities", thus solidifying the wall of the current "majority breed")

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I had 5 dragons that I had killed on my scroll, I waited to get more kills and got 5 more. I killed 3 more but only see those 3 and not the other 5. What's going on?

17 minutes ago, Bigbite said:

I had 5 dragons that I had killed on my scroll, I waited to get more kills and got 5 more. I killed 3 more but only see those 3 and not the other 5. What's going on?

The tombstones disappear two weeks after death, which I believe is the same time the kill slots renew. So your timing was off.

Most people try to kill their first batch just two weeks before Halloween. Then they make their zombie attempts before the tombstones disappear and kill 5 more when the kill slots return.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

The tombstones disappear two weeks after death, which I believe is the same time the kill slots renew. So your timing was off.

Most people try to kill their first batch just two weeks before Halloween. Then they make their zombie attempts before the tombstones disappear and kill 5 more when the kill slots return.

Thank you Purplehaze, I just checked my action log and saw that the old kills were no longer there. A good lesson learned, thanks once again.

So I have a CB Siyat egg and I really want to get a blue hatchling.

Been holding views since it's 4 days to get blue for sure but I wonder if it's OK to start getting it views now? If I prep it, will it hatc blue as soon as its naturally ready or will I still get Green?

Is Green available ONLY through Incubate or should I wait until its timer is under 4 days to be safe? Only wanna be sure since I have really limited egg space and want to make the most of my Halloween time.

Cheers!

14 minutes ago, BrazenChase said:

Is Green available ONLY through Incubate or should I wait until its timer is under 4 days to be safe? Only wanna be sure since I have really limited egg space and want to make the most of my Halloween time.

Yes, the only way to get green ones is by incubating them. At 4 days left an unincubated egg should hatch blue. So, if you didn't incubate it, it is quite safe to let it start getting views now.

12 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Yes, the only way to get green ones is by incubating them. At 4 days left an unincubated egg should hatch blue. So, if you didn't incubate it, it is quite safe to let it start getting views now.

I see, that's perfect then. Thank you!

Technically this IS a tiny little question... anyone have suggestions for good Omen or Witchlight pairings? Or if there's a better place to ask, point me please? :P 

12 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Technically this IS a tiny little question... anyone have suggestions for good Omen or Witchlight pairings? Or if there's a better place to ask, point me please? :P 

I am being slightly different and planning on breeding at least one Omen pair with a Lacula (Slytherin) dragon.  They both swirl.  :)

Hey, anyone else have an issue where they no longer have the user function to upload images in their attachments section? For mine, all options to add or remove media are gone

2 hours ago, priscel said:

Hey, anyone else have an issue where they no longer have the user function to upload images in their attachments section? For mine, all options to add or remove media are gone

I don't think I've ever looked at that section so I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like, but I don't see any place to add anything, or to remove any of the images shown.

I'm trying to abandon a Halloween egg and trying to get to the Action page gives me an error. 

If I go straight to the Action page url for the egg it says, "Warning! An invalid referrer has been detected. If you came to this page on your own, make sure referers are enabled in your browser.
Detected referrer: None."

Is... anyone else getting this issue? It's happening to all my eggs... 

45 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

I'm trying to abandon a Halloween egg and trying to get to the Action page gives me an error. 

If I go straight to the Action page url for the egg it says, "Warning! An invalid referrer has been detected. If you came to this page on your own, make sure referers are enabled in your browser.

Are you clicking a link to get to the Action page? Are you opening the page in a new tab? Details would help here. I get that message a lot when I try to copy/paste links, or open in a new tab on my phone. Can you get to the Action page at all, through any links/etc, or is it completely inaccessible?

54 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

Depending on the browser I get this message as well if I open the action page to a new tab. Usually it just means that the site can't follow you(ie. it doesn't know from which page you're trying to get to the action page). As I know that the browser I use prevents tracking and such it's no wonder the cave doesn't know as it can't follow me.

If you know that your browser prevents tracking you can just click the "continue anyway" button to get to the action page. If you are not sure, try other browser. 

Here's a picture of what I see when I try to open the action page on a new tab on Brave.

image.png.8738b9f4db2a78977a867be8089af095.png

Edited by sroo

Ok so my Water Dragon Egg hatched sick and I can't seem to cure the hatchling. It's been sick all day, I've kept it hidden, and I'm getting worried. Is anyone else dealing with this?

2 minutes ago, 123JLN said:

Ok so my Water Dragon Egg hatched sick and I can't seem to cure the hatchling. It's been sick all day, I've kept it hidden, and I'm getting worried. Is anyone else dealing with this?

Just keep it hidden. Even if it seems healed I'd keep it hidden longer because often you unhide them just for them to get sick again a few minutes later (...could still be in hatcheries and getting views after unhiding). There is no harm in keeping it hidden until some time has passed / it is ready to grow up :)