Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I know we'll be getting a custom sort for dragons in groups, but what about sorting the groups themselves? Will we be getting a way to move them around on the list? Currently they appear in the drop-down in the order they're created.

Maybe I'm just planning too many groups but it would be awesome to have a way to sort them (holiday groups together, etc).

I was going to make this a suggestion but then I thought it might have already been answered elsewhere.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry9492641

Adding the ability to custom-sort the groups list feels like a lot of overkill, but I have no problem with changing everything to order by name.

That's in a Suggestions thread you can go comment in.

Is there any particular reason that Christmas dragons don't get a unique description or name in the Encyclopedia? It seems odd that Halloween and Valentines do, but not Christmas.

I'm not sure why Christmas dragons don't get a unique description, but it might be because the Christmas season tends to be hectic. One of the in-cave reasons I image would be since DC normally does some fancy event (the last two years have been an adventure/quest game, which must take ages to make). With the coding and art hours put into the game event, it's understandable that the Christmas dragon releases don't get a description, or encyclopedia info right away. Also, since DC's world doesn't have any RL cultures or religions, it would be problematic to have an obviously Christmas related dragon on a world that doesn't have Christmas.

But none of our Christmas Dragons have names like that, really. Holly, Yulebuck, Snow Angel, Ribbon Dancer, Wrapping Wing, Winter Magi, Solstice, Aegis, Mistletoe, Snow - I don't think any of those would clash with DC having no RL culture/religion, except possibly Yulebuck. We have had elaborate Valentine and Halloween events too and those holidays I would also argue have RL cultural and religous links though obviously not as strong as Christmas.

It's just always bothered me that they sit there as 'Holiday XX' and not the names intended for them, when other holidays aren't the same.

I'm not sure if there's a particular reason beyond "we didn't give a name/description the first year (possibly we weren't sure if this would be a regular thing?), so it just hasn't happened". Kinda like Pygmy Dragons were the first pygmies, so they have a very generic description.

There is an old Suggestions thread on it: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=83998 (which it would be okay for someone to create a new one with a more updated OP at this point). I don't have a solid answer for why it hasn't happened, but since many artists have figured out names and descriptions, it seems silly not to have this on site, at least on the ones applicable. If there is a reason, hopefully TJ would have let us know in the Suggestions thread. =U

When the forum updates, will all our PMs / sigs / profiles go poof or are they safe? I'm guessing they'd be safe or the news post would say something but better safe than sorry.

When the forum updates, will all our PMs / sigs / profiles go poof or are they safe? I'm guessing they'd be safe or the news post would say something but better safe than sorry.

They will stay. Forum updates don't remove that sort of info (unless something goes wrong during the update -- but even then, I'm sure TJ will have a backup of posts and user info prepared).

They will stay. Forum updates don't remove that sort of info (unless something goes wrong during the update -- but even then, I'm sure TJ will have a backup of posts and user info prepared).

Great, thank you

You already got an answer, but I just want to confirm that TJ worked very hard to keep sigs/avvies, so those will transfer over. (Thank you, TJ! It was some extra work on his part.)

But now that you ask about profiles, I should go double check with him about that. I'm not sure our "interests" transferred over. Thanks for asking! Confirmed with TJ that all profile stuff should copy over, which was one thing he was showing with the screenshots in the News thread. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Cave she fall over dead ? I am only getting tombstones, "an error has occurred" no matter what I try to do.

Cave she fall over dead ? I am only getting tombstones, "an error has occurred" no matter what I try to do.

Yes, it's down

Oh good - not just me then smile.gif I shall go to bed instead.

Yes, it's down

Thanks Dalek Raptor. Is there an ETA for when it will be up?

Edited by StormBirdRising

Thanks Dalek Raptor. Is there an ETA for when it will be up?

Before midnight I guess?

Why do you say that - have you any actual info from TJ ?

Why do you say that - have you any actual info from TJ ?

I said that in the form of a question as I don't have any proof and there is the speculation of a new release tonight.

Ah. Might stay up for a bit then.....

There's just speculation there might be a release because there hasn't been yet. But when has the site regularly gone down to introduce a release??? o_O

People speculate that kind of stuff all the time when the site goes down. Let's just wait for it to come back up or to hear from TJ.

Anyway, a thread as been created here: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=179640

If there's an update or a new issue, we'll post there. Until them, let's keep that thread and this one clear for updates and/or questions. ^^

Like I said, there's no proof so there might not be any release at all

I said that in the form of a question as I don't have any proof and there is the speculation of a new release tonight.

Thanks, from your lips to the Dragon Lord's ears. Hopefully the Cave will come up, there will be a new release, and everyone will be happy. biggrin.gif

Why was the 'An error has occurred" topic closed? There's no solution or information given, the error is still happening, the biomes aren't still working. If all that is the price to pay so some can enjoy hybrids, please let us know so we can go to bed.