Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Still makes no sense in any terms that zyus sort before Dinos/Yoshis. Can someone explain ?

Still makes no sense in any terms that zyus sort before Dinos/Yoshis. Can someone explain ?

I'm guessing TJ just stuck some extra symbols in front of the Dinos to make sure they'd always sort after the real dragons. Same for chickens. Now, why yellow Dinos come before chickens is the REAL mystery... o___o

(TBH I wish holidays and subgroups were still divided out too)

I'm guessing TJ just stuck some extra symbols in front of the Dinos to make sure they'd always sort after the real dragons. Same for chickens. Now, why yellow Dinos come before chickens is the REAL mystery... o___o

That was my first thought, although papers/cheeses sort with dragons - but, I suppose they're unbreedable dragons, not unbreedable creatures.

The chickens in the middle of them seem funny, though. I'll go report that just in case. o.o

I think the creator said the name was Russian for "blue edge," maybe that's why?

ah.. didn't think of foreign language. Just threw it into Google translate.

Sinii Krai : Says Romanian detected. Gives me English: Sinia Krai. Put Sinia Krai through the translator. Says Bulgarian detected. Gives me English: The Blue End. Close enough. Mystery solved. lol.

After a quick glance at the encyclopedia, it looks like dinosaurs (and chickens) sort by scientific name - diplodocus, gallus, parasaurolophus, pterodactylus, stegosaurus, triceratops. That's why chickens appear in the middle of the dinosaurs. I suspect they sort at the end because they're in the encyclopedia under scientific names instead of breed names.

Edited by Mathcat

I have a Zyugroup; I just sorted it by breed and it goes Sino, Coast (pink), Desert (blue), Forest (um, whiteish wink.gif), Jungle (yellow), Alpine (grey), Volcano (red.)

I have no idea why laugh.gif

It's the order how the biomes are "numbered". If you go to a biome and look at the adress bar it says location/1 for coast, 2 for Desert etc. Also if you replace Alpine (location/5) with Mountain it's in alphapetical biome order.

The breeds with scientific names (e.g. Gallus gallus domesticus) have always (since the introduction of the encyclopedia, at least) sorted at the bottom, alphabetically by their scientific name.

Are the biomes shuffling at the 5min marks for anyone else? 'Cos afaict, they aren't for me... huh.gif

Are the biomes shuffling at the 5min marks for anyone else? 'Cos afaict, they aren't for me... huh.gif

same!

This happens for me sometimes, as drop is 5sec before 5min mark.

same!

This happens for me sometimes, as drop is 5sec before 5min mark.

I've watched for several 5 min intervals and nothing's changed (except for sometimes someone picks up one egg) - I check for codes when I'm bored so I can usually see if the eggs have shuffled even if they're the same breed as before. This time they're not shuffling.

I've watched for several 5 min intervals and nothing's changed (except for sometimes someone picks up one egg) - I check for codes when I'm bored so I can usually see if the eggs have shuffled even if they're the same breed as before.  This time they're not shuffling.

They are shuffling for me but 5 seconds before. unsure.gif

Edit: Now it didn't shuffle at all???

Edited by dejaentndu

Sooooo, I came across a weird username. It's ___.___@att.net. (Name blurred out.) Whhhaattt. How is this possible? What is this?

And whenever I click on the name, the scroll can't be found. dry.gif

Edited by evangeline5432

Sometimes it happens that people enter their email address in the wrong field upon registration. Not sure if TJ has already changed the registration form to disallow names like that, but existing names are not changed.

And they are probably hiding their scroll.

I use rainbow sort on my scroll and it appears that breeds aren't randomly mixed up anymore. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm hoping it sticks around.

I use rainbow sort on my scroll and it appears that breeds aren't randomly mixed up anymore. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm hoping it sticks around.

I had reported that a while ago.

Whenever you notice weird things like that, be sure to report them so myself or another moderator can report it to TJ if he doesn't see first! (Although I guess this might have fallen under Suggestions.)

But apparently, the way color sort worked was that if two breeds read as having the same color, they sorted by date, which is why you sometimes got something like "red dragon - red dragon - flamingo dragon - red dragon - crimson flare - flamingo dragon - red dragon" or whatever. TJ said he was working on changing this, so it looks like he might be finished updating it. ^^

Was the way that Sunrise/Sunset eggs hatched changed?

I'm just curious because my "Sun" egg says Sunrise -- but can't it hatch into either? They still only have 6 hour hatching windows, and can be fogged so that they hatch into the right species, right?

Was the way that Sunrise/Sunset eggs hatched changed?

I'm just curious because my "Sun" egg says Sunrise -- but can't it hatch into either? They still only have 6 hour hatching windows, and can be fogged so that they hatch into the right species, right?

Nope, they're just the same species, so they're on the same encyclopedia page, which means they get lumped together. There's no undesignated "sun dragon" species for while they're eggs. All eggs read sunrise, IIRC, but that'll change once it hatches - if necessary.

How many people actually enter the monthly raffles? Or do we have any numbers?

I'm pretty sure that is one of those questions that only TJ could answer.

Why is there nothing in Sinomorph encyclopedia entry? Not even an image?

Also I think I replied to previous question and my reply is just gone from this thread :L

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

Why is there nothing in Sinomorph encyclopedia entry? Not even an image?

Also I think I replied to previous question and my reply is just gone from this thread :L

Idk but I posted this as its own thread but the Scimitar-wing Wyverns aren't in the Encyclopedia and I don't know if a mod reported it yet

I see people here using "HM" a lot, I think it means CB Hybrid, but I'd like to know what it stands for, because all I can read it as is Hidden Machine.

I see people here using "HM" a lot, I think it means CB Hybrid, but I'd like to know what it stands for, because all I can read it as is Hidden Machine.

I believe it stands for honorable mention. ^^

Still, when I read it, the first thing I think of also is hidden machines lol

Back when the old raffles were still a thing, there was a "4th place", or, honorable mentions. These people basically got to pick any breed they wanted and have it caveborn, hybrids included.

Edited by Ninetails

... any breed they wanted and have it caveborn, hybrids included.

... and Prizes excluded, of course.