Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Most pages are working but I haven't seen any eggs in any of the 5 minute drops.

I didn't close the thread. Haven't even been on for the past 50 minutes. I'm guessing TJ knows about the issue and is/was working on fixing it, so closed the thread. ^^

Are the biomes not working/refreshing with new eggs for anyone else?

It isn't just you. All biomes are empty.

I just got "dragcave.net is currently unable to handle this request. / HTTP ERROR 500" while trying to view an encyclopedia entry -- no "RIP" tombstone or anything, just Chrome's error message. The other pages are working for me.

Also still have not seen any 5 minute drops within the last 2 hours.

Drops are back. ^^

Encyclopedia also seems to be working for me, with the exception of sinomorphs, which are still grayed out for me. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Wow so Sinomorphs and Zyumorphs are in the encyclopedia now but broken, and Scimitar Wings still aren't in there?

*edit: Zyumorph page is no longer broken, Sinomorphs is mostly fine except there's no image on the actual page.

Edited by Mangrit

Wow so Sinomorphs and Zyumorphs are in the encyclopedia now but broken, and Scimitar Wings still aren't in there?

*edit: Zyumorph page is no longer broken, Sinomorphs is mostly fine except there's no image on the actual page.

Was there a Scimitar Wing page before? I cannot remember if there was, and I don't see one now. There is also no image appearance for the Sinomorph either.

Just a quick question, hope this is the right place. tongue.gif I've started writing descriptions again. One of my favorite things to do with my writing is play with voice and inflection. I wanted to do a series of descriptions where it's 3rd person, but as if the dragon were narrating, so, not necessarily 100% grammatically correct.

Is this alright, or generally frowned upon? I can't tell. xd.png

How long does the revive option stay for a dead hatchie?

Two weeks. Same time it takes for the dragon to disappear.

Does anyone know where Zyumorphs are sorted in the alphabetical breeding sort?

Does anyone know where Zyumorphs are sorted in the alphabetical breeding sort?

Err, the Zs? Show up after yellowcrowns for me

Err,  the Zs? Show up after yellowcrowns for me

Oh. Right. xd.png Thanks.

What about color-wise? Like what order are the colors in?

I have a Zyugroup; I just sorted it by breed and it goes Sino, Coast (pink), Desert (blue), Forest (um, whiteish wink.gif), Jungle (yellow), Alpine (grey), Volcano (red.)

I have no idea why laugh.gif

OR why before Dinos - which are Yoshis... unsure.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

So in the sort options I have this selected:

Legacy Breed Name (Cannot be reselected after switching)

How does this differ from regular breed sort and why can it no longer be used after switching it?

I'm currently locked out of the cave because it says it's detected that I'm using Tor. But I'm not. I am using a vpn, but this has never been a problem before. I've never been prevented from accessing the cave. And yes, it was working last night.

How does this differ from regular breed sort and why can it no longer be used after switching it?

Legacy breed sort differs from regular breed sort because legacy breed name sorts pygmies, drakes, and holiday (Halloween Valentine, and Christmas) dragons together. In the new regular breed sort all of the aforementioned dragons are ordered alphabetically regardless of what breed group or event they were from with the exception of Christmas dragons which sort as Holiday and the year they were released.

I'm currently locked out of the cave because it says it's detected that I'm using Tor. But I'm not. I am using a vpn, but this has never been a problem before. I've never been prevented from accessing the cave. And yes, it was working last night.

This is probably something that should be pmed to TJ.

Edited by w5aw5

Legacy breed sort differs from regular breed sort because legacy breed name sorts pygmies, drakes, and holiday (Halloween Valentine, and Christmas) dragons together. In the new regular breed sort all of the aforementioned dragons are ordered alphabetically regardless of what breed group or event they were from. Legacy breed sort was discontinued when regular breed sort was released, since regular breed sort replaced it.

This is probably something that should be pmed to TJ.

Does anyone know why you can't use that option after switching off of it?

Does anyone know why you can't use that option after switching off of it?

I'll answer and add to the other answer together!

Aside from the mentioned holiday and breeding group things, there were other differences. In the past, dragons' internal breed names didn't always match the names they had on site. For example, under breed sort nhiostrifes listed as twister (the name they were originally going to have), GoNs were listed as Lugia (a Pokémon joke based on how they're summoned), dinos were listed as Yoshis because when the cave was made they literally had yoshi sprites, etc.

Obviously using such internal names instead to the established names was confusing to a lot of users, so TJ got rid of it and made the new breed sort, which is accurate to breed name. He doesn't maintain the old wonky breed sort any more, but left it as-is as a courtesy for people who were already using it. But if someone should choose to switch off, then there's no reason to keep that holdover for them.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I'll answer and add to the other answer together!

Aside from the mentioned holiday and breeding group things, there were other differences. In the past, dragons' internal breed names didn't always match the names they had on site. For example, under breed sort nhiostrifes listed as twister (the name they were originally going to have), GoNs were listed as Lugia (a Pokémon joke based on how they're summoned), dinos were listed as Yoshis because when the cave was made they literally had yoshi sprites, etc.

Obviously using such internal names instead to the established names was confusing to a lot of users, so TJ got rid of it and made the new breed sort, which is accurate to breed name. He doesn't maintain the old wonky breed sort any more, but left it as-is as a courtesy for people who were already using it. But if someone should choose to switch off, then there's no reason to keep that holdover for them.

Gotcha. Thank you so much!

If you use the temp breed sort on your scroll, you should be able to see what order the updated breed sort is in.

Legacy uses internal names rather than the actual name. Some dragons had internal names different from their actual names.

All halloween dragons are grouped together, all valentine names are grouped together, all christmas are grouped together, etc. Other examples are Water dragons being under L for lake. Storm dragons are under F for fog. Two-headed dragons were before A's because of the number 2. The zyumorphs are under D probably for dino zords and Sinomorph is under M probably for mega zord.

I made the mistake of switching the other day and totally forgot you can't go back to legacy. Now I gotta relearn how my scroll is sorted out. Haven't quite figured out why Sinii Krai dragons were near the beginning of the alphabet (I think under the B's) for legacy.

Edited by WraithZephyr