Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Is anyone else bothered by the Celestials showing up on the breeding page, or is it just me? It doesn't seem like they should be there. I'm talking about the "available for breeding" sort. It shows *all* my Celestials, even the ones that are on cooldown, and thus unable to be bred.

Is anyone else bothered by the Celestials showing up on the breeding page, or is it just me? It doesn't seem like they should be there. I'm talking about the "available for breeding" sort. It shows *all* my Celestials, even the ones that are on cooldown, and thus unable to be bred.

Technically, when they show up on the breeding list, the *breeding* cooldown is not active, but the BSA cooldown is. The breeding cooldown is still one week, its just their BSA cooldown is not up yet.

I posted this in Suggestions, responding to a reference to an "utility" script. But  realized that it was off-topic.

I'll toss my 2c in:

My understanding is that style modifications are acceptable but modifying site functionality is not. So I would say your first script is acceptable but the second is not - the first doesn't modify site functionality or give you a play advantage, but simply gives you something a scroll stats tool already does. The second, however, strikes me as a tool that gives players using it an advantage. Consider what would happen during holiday backlogs if we're competing for certain eggs and I use a tool to tell me when the eggs will hit the AP, but you have no such tool. I would have an advantage over you because my math would be done faster and would be guaranteed correct.

i don't know why but i cant update my signature. I can erase stuff but i can't add and i didn't use up my limit. Why can't i update my sig? I just want to add a picture with a link. I can't even add text

What happens if you try it? Do you get a message of some sort?

Try to clean your cache. Try another browser, does it work there? Do you have add Block? If yes turn it off.

I hope something from that list was able to help you. wink.gif

Edited by Shajana

I don't have add block. I tried another browser, I cleared my cache and a message doesn't show. I did all these things and still nothing.

When i update my signature it show what i did where i can edit but not where it should be. Maybe i can't see it but you can?

user posted image

i wrote it because i just want to see if it show or not

Edited by Dragnilu

I don't have add block. I tried another browser, I cleared my cache and a message doesn't show. I did all these things and still nothing.

When i update my signature it show what i did where i can edit but not where it should be. Maybe i can't see it but you can?

See how the very bottom of that bird image is being cut off? It looks like you're just barely exceeding the max height for a signature, and any text you add after that image is showing up below the bottom of your sig, effectively making it invisible. I've had to deal with similar issues in my image-heavy sig before; the only answer I found was deleting or trimming images to make room.

If you're sure the sig isn't actually updating, try inserting text before that image and see what happens. I'm reasonably certain it'll show up just fine.

I feel stupid. Can i feel stupid? yeah xd.png. I feel like an idiot. Welp. Everything is okay......................................... i'll just cry over my stupididty

I feel stupid. Can i feel stupid? yeah xd.png. I feel like an idiot. Welp. Everything is okay......................................... i'll just cry over my stupididty

No need to feel stupid. smile.gif Your question had me puzzled, too, although it seems obvious now that we know the answer!

Don't. Been there, done that... You know the drill. wink.gif

Don't worry about it. The only reason I knew what was happening is because I've dealt with the same issue before.

If I wanted to host a forumventure (where I write and draw the story but readers can contribute commands to affect what the characters do next, like Homestuck or Awful Hospital), would that go in original works or freeform roleplays?

I'm not sure if I'm actually doing one; just considering the idea.

If I wanted to host a forumventure (where I write and draw the story but readers can contribute commands to affect what the characters do next, like Homestuck or Awful Hospital), would that go in original works or freeform roleplays?

I'm not sure if I'm actually doing one; just considering the idea.

I recall a thread like this before. I believe we allowed it in Freeforms, (but I also recall another choose-your-own-adventure idea that was deemed a forum game). I suggest you PM Dragonhatchling to double check with them.

I'll toss my 2c in:

My understanding is that style modifications are acceptable but modifying site functionality is not. So I would say your first script is acceptable but the second is not - the first doesn't modify site functionality or give you a play advantage, but simply gives you something a scroll stats tool already does. The second, however, strikes me as a tool that gives players using it an advantage. Consider what would happen during holiday backlogs if we're competing for certain eggs and I use a tool to tell me when the eggs will hit the AP, but you have no such tool. I would have an advantage over you because my math would be done faster and would be guaranteed correct.

What about creating a topic in Suggestions for scripts? That would give Mods a chance to tell us if the script was acceptable or not. The script would be used only if approved by the mods and made available to the community. I could really use something to classify my dragons!

What about creating a topic in Suggestions for scripts? That would give Mods a chance to tell us if the script was acceptable or not. The script would be used only if approved by the mods and made available to the community. I could really use something to classify my dragons!

I feel like this would go really sour really fast, the way Neglected discussion went.

Should probably let a mod have the final say on all this; I just feel like putting out a thread that literally says "hey, we're posting scripts here, come join the party" is an invitation for trouble. And the last thing I want is for the same fate that Neglected discussion met, to have literally everything banned and restricted from public discussion.

Anyone else lagging or is it just me?

I'm using Chrome and it's fine for me. Which browser are you using? Or there could be a problem with your internet connection. :)

I'm using Chrome and it's fine for me. Which browser are you using? Or there could be a problem with your internet connection. smile.gif

Yeah I think it's my internet sad.gif

Yeah I think it's my internet sad.gif

Agh, sorry to hear that ;0

My browser lags on DC from time to time as well. Try turning on&off the internet connection, or just let it slowly load in a corner while you do other things. Usually it returns to normal within 15 minutes.

I can't abandon an egg I bred, the button doesn't work and pressing enter doesn't work either.

(I use Safari on a Mac.)

Anyone else having the same problem?

Edited by beefcake

I can't abandon an egg I bred, the button doesn't work and pressing enter doesn't work either.

(I use Safari on a Mac.)

Anyone else having the same problem?

is in a teleport link?

is in a teleport link?

No, just Actions --> Abandon. I can enter my password, but after that nothing works. (I tried all my eggs and hatchlings, I can't abandon any of them.)

Edited by beefcake

Maybe the code got messed up? I wonder if changing the site skin would work.. Or using the mobile layout.

More likely a corrupt cookie - try manually deleting your dc cookies and then logging in again ?