Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I would LOVE the option to get emails for some but not all....

Yeah, that might be nice. It would also be pretty handy to have some sort of.. Notification center in addition, where you could just see which of your subscribed topics have updated. As it is right now email notis don't do me a whole lotta good.

But in regards to changing up the forum in general, I heard we're supposed to be waiting for the board provider to update the software first, right..? Or something like that.

Yeah, that might be nice. It would also be pretty handy to have some sort of.. Notification center in addition, where you could just see which of your subscribed topics have updated. As it is right now email notis don't do me a whole lotta good.

But in regards to changing up the forum in general, I heard we're supposed to be waiting for the board provider to update the software first, right..? Or something like that.

except from all accounts the updated version sucks and no one wants it. Apparently, it isn't very user friendly. So, I wouldn't expect a change anytime soon.

except from all accounts the updated version sucks and no one wants it. Apparently, it isn't very user friendly.  So, I wouldn't expect a change anytime soon.

I'm reasonably sure I've heard TJ isn't updating anything.

Edit: most recent quote I can find was from about a year ago. Pretty sure TJ's had this stance for awhile though:

Yep, not modifying the forum software.

If this is still a problem if/when the forums get upgraded, feel free to bring this up again.

And before that:

The usual response about the forum software not supporting this feature, and my being unwilling to develop new features on top of this software, apply here as well.

If an upgrade happens in the future, and the upgraded version does not support this, feel free to post your suggestion again.

Well I guess that answers that question. Ah well, at least this is functional enough.

Thanks for finding the quotes too, AGYK.

Just found a very strange situation when I went to use fertility BSA. First few purple dragons I looked at via the "Available for BSA" sort didn't have fertility on their actions page. It wasn't grayed out, it was missing! I tried some others and finally found some purple dragons who had fertility option.

If removing the option is a new thing for dragons on cooldown, why the heck did they show up in the available sort?

I'll add my complaint about the long load time for breeding sort page. Really ridiculous when I am simply wanting to check what rejections a dragon has (scroll length 5000+).

Hm, I see the standard greyed out and un-listing on the BSA filter. Are you perchance already being served the new layout?

So... Now I can see which of the eggs in the AP started cracking, is it new?

And also, everytime I try to abandon an egg I get the same 503 error. Is it something on my side?

So... Now I can see which of the eggs in the AP started cracking, is it new?

I feel like that's pretty new? I was picking eggs up off the AP just yesterday and I didn't see any cracking, but I do now. Weird.

Also, I noticed when breeding for eggs, they show up centered, instead of to the left now:

user posted image

Note: I do not have the new layout yet

Edit: I didn't notice that Ruby, thank you smile.gif

Edited by xeyla

Yes, it has been like that since Thursday or Friday, I think? Also, the link on the egg now leads directly to its /view/ page and no longer directly to its codes.

Just found a very strange situation when I went to use fertility BSA.  First few purple dragons I looked at via the "Available for BSA" sort didn't have fertility on their actions page.  It wasn't grayed out, it was missing!  I tried some others and finally found some purple dragons who had fertility option.

If removing the option is a new thing for dragons on cooldown, why the heck did they show up in the available sort?

I'll add my complaint about the long load time for breeding sort page.  Really ridiculous when I am simply wanting to check what rejections a dragon has  (scroll length 5000+).

I blame Murphy. Now that I made a fool of myself the fertility pages are back to normal. *facepalm*

except from all accounts the updated version sucks and no one wants it. Apparently, it isn't very user friendly.

Understatement of ALL TIME. It is truly DIRE.

Anyone other than me like to archive messages ? Forget it. Even if NOTHING else was wrong - that makes it a non-starter for me.

Anyone other than me like to archive messages ? Forget it. Even if NOTHING else was wrong - that makes it a non-starter for me.

Is that something the newer version doesn't do then? o.o

Also does anybody know of a forum that does have this updated system in place. I'm kinda curious what it looks like now.

Is that something the newer version doesn't do then? o.o

Also does anybody know of a forum that does have this updated system in place. I'm kinda curious what it looks like now.

The one I was on, the admins updated, we all hated it, the admins asked if we could revert; invision said no, and in the end we all left beciase we couldn't stand it. So it closed down.

It looked a bit facebooky; much less discussiony. But the KILLER was the message thing. Not only could you not archive,. but they turned into those vile "conversations" instead. Things kept going wrong and it would take days to be fixed.

I'll see if I saved any pages from it that aren't - um - not stuff I want to make public ! (It was a private forum...)

ETA OK, SO - I am now hopping mad. I DO have some pages saved - BUT - there is a massive black bar across two thirds of the page and I can't get shot of it, so there's no point trying. It also means I can't even read what I saved, which is rather annoying !

The avatars are HUGE, I can tell you that much - I do remember we all hated that but it was immutable.

I'll keep trying. I thought I could get rid using element blocker, but no sad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

The one I was on, the admins updated, we all hated it, the admins asked if we could revert; invision said no, and in the end we all left beciase we couldn't stand it. So it closed down.

It looked a bit facebooky; much less discussiony. But the KILLER was the message thing. Not only could you not archive,. but they turned into those vile "conversations" instead. Things kept going wrong and it would take days to be fixed.

I'll see if I saved any pages from it that aren't - um - not stuff I want to make public ! (It was a private forum...)

It was awful enough that it actually killed a site. Wow, that's impressive. In a really, really awful way. Also way to go with treating your customers, Invision. I'd like to think a revert to the version just before would be a fairly simple request. I don't have all the context of course, but still.

The message system there almost sounds like an IM service or something. If I wanted that I'd just go to skype, not.. a forum? I've known places with live chats integrated into the main site, but it was always in addition to the regular PM system.

I'd understand if you couldn't show anything then, but I appreciate you're checking for me~ And oh no, sorry it's giving you trouble. D:

Edited by ~Magpie~

I have 2 frozen baby chicks on my scroll and they are fogged. They have been like this all day. What can I do about this, I've tried logging on and off.......clearing caches. I am at a loss. If anyone can help, I really would appreciate it. My scroll name is the same as my forum name.

I have 2 frozen baby chicks on my scroll and they are fogged. They have been like this all day. What can I do about this, I've tried logging on and off.......clearing caches. I am at a loss. If anyone can help, I really would appreciate it. My scroll name is the same as my forum name.

I came to this thread to report exactly that. One ball of fog over one of my frozen chicks. And no unhide option unsure.gif

I have 2  frozen baby chicks on my scroll and they are fogged.  They have been like this all day.  What can I do about this, I've tried logging on and off.......clearing caches.  I am at a loss.  If anyone can help, I really would appreciate it.  My scroll name is the same as my forum name.

Interesting. I just discovered that some, but not all, of my frozen fluff balls are also fogged. I think it must be a site glitch, though, that we can't fix ourselves.

Edit: I think ParticleSoup is right. It is only the gendered ones that are affected.

Edited by purplehaze

It was awful enough that it actually killed a site. Wow, that's impressive. In a really, really awful way. Also way to go with treating your customers, Invision. I'd like to think a revert to the version just before would be a fairly simple request. I don't have all the context of course, but still.

The message system there almost sounds like an IM service or something. If I wanted that I'd just go to skype, not.. a forum? I've known places with live chats integrated into the main site, but it was always in addition to the regular PM system.

I'd understand if you couldn't show anything then, but I appreciate you're checking for me~ And oh no, sorry it's giving you trouble. D:

The message system was like googlemail but without the option to run with "classic view". Yuk.

I found two pages I would have shown you - I'd have had to email them somehow, as they are saved on my computer - but while I have mercifully discovered I can still read them by turning off page style - that wouldn't show you the vileness of the appearance !

And yes - killing us off was no mean achievement. We were about 50 friends with a shared interest - kept private as we didn't want the MAJOR troll who had destroyed a rather larger forum we'd been on by simply trolling and disrupting every thread (there is a long story to this...) to find where we had gone ninja.gif

Same here. It only seems to be affecting the ones that have gendered though?

user posted image

Mine too. Frozen and unfrozen chicks, gendered are all fog balls.

Edited by littleblackdog

The message system was like googlemail but without the option to run with "classic view". Yuk.

I found two pages I would have shown you - I'd have had to email them somehow, as they are saved on my computer - but while I have mercifully discovered I can still read them by turning off page style - that wouldn't show you the vileness of the appearance !

And yes - killing us off was no mean achievement. We were about 50 friends with a shared interest - kept private as we didn't want the MAJOR troll who had destroyed a rather larger forum we'd been on by simply trolling and disrupting every thread (there is a long story to this...) to find where we had gone ninja.gif

I'm actually not too familiar with googlemail? I only have accounts for both my Android and because that's what my college uses. Any mail I reply to I just look at through the Win 10 App honestly. Either way, the PM system sounds... yuck.

I went ahead and temporarily enabled other forum users to email me, if you still want to show me those screenshots perhaps. I'd recommend tinypic or something just to post them here, but if you have multiple that might be a pain.

Yikes. That must have been one dedicated troll. I'm sorry everything didn't seem to work out there..

--

Also there seems to be a lot of stuff happening today. There's the fogged chicks, the one user not being able to abandon things (was anybody else able to recreate that error? I would've tried myself but I've got nothing I want to abandon) and the AP now showing cracked eggs. Only one of which is good thing.

Anyone else having problems with Abandon? Once I enter my password and confirm, I just get a plain white screen. I have to hit the back button to get out of it. It appears that the egg does abandon properly, but it doesn't show the usual page and there are no links to move forward from there.

Edited by purplehaze

And also, everytime I try to abandon an egg I get the same 503 error. Is it something on my side?

I feel like this might interest you purplehaze? You're not the only one. Looks like multiple people here have the same problem.

Did the Incubate process change, or is it just me? When I went to incubate my eggs, when I'm on the Incubate page I usually type in INCUBATE, click Incubate, and a little pop-up says are you sure. There was no little pop up this time.