Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Okay, this is starting to drive me crazy. Has anyone gotten anything that's not a Carmine when breeding them? The Vampire doesn't count, it used to be a Carmine.

I've been trying to make this checker since they were released back in 2014. dry.gif

It's not a perfect solution, but have you tried using multiple pairs? I've been working on a spirit ward x royal crimson x ember project for months now that, I kid you not I counted 'em myself, gave 100+ spirit wards before I got a single ember and crimson. However, I've been trying multiple pairs every week, and on top of almost having my project completed now, I've had really great luck getting four embers in the past two weeks, which makes me hopefully wonder if all that mass breeding for so long has evened out spirit ward ratios just enough to give the other breeds a chance. For reference, I used 8 pairs each of Spirit x Crimson, Spirit x Ember, and Crimson x Spirit, and 12 pairs of Ember x Spirit.

I cannot remember how to make a piece of text invisible because it's a spoiler, how do I do this?

Use the COLOR button and change whichever colour you chose to "white", e.g.

This text is not visible.

This text is [COLOR=white]not[/COLOR] visible.

Otherwise, there are no spoiler tags here, as far as I know.

Okay, thank you! smile.gif

You can also use transparent.

This is even less visible!

You can also use transparent.

This is even less visible!

Mac users cannot see transparent text. It is literally invisible for us. We have to go through the extra step of quoting a post to see what it says. Just a head's up. ^^

Has the gender for the dragons changed? Cause instead of it being a gender sign, its just the letter 'f' or 'm' for me.

Has the gender for the dragons changed? Cause instead of it being a gender sign, its just the letter 'f' or 'm' for me.

That means the custom font that provides the gender symbols is broken on your computer. Try a hard-refresh.

There used to be a tool that would force-reload the font, but I'm having some trouble finding that now.

There used to be a tool that would force-reload the font, but I'm having some trouble finding that now.

You mean this one?

At least that's what this is according to this thread. I wouldn't know how to find more information on it.

(On another note, the link to the old joke pygmy x stone egg or whatever seems to be dead. Apparently my 16-year old self asked about it four years ago. The page being gone makes me sad, RIP sIKU.)

Edited by ~Magpie~

You mean this one?

At least that's what this is according to this thread. I wouldn't know how to find more information on it.

(On another note, the link to the old joke pygmy x stone egg or whatever seems to be dead. Apparently my 16-year old self had asked about it 4 years ago. Either way the page being gone makes me sad now)

Pretty sure that's it, yeah. I could have sworn TJ posted something about it, but my search-fu is too weak to find it. Thanks for linking it though.

Pretty sure that's it, yeah. I could have sworn TJ posted something about it, but my search-fu is too weak to find it. Thanks for linking it though.

Whats this supposed to do though?

Its a blank page for me.

Whats this supposed to do though?

Its a blank page for me.

It always was - but it used to check your settings and reset some font thing so that the symbols then showed up - or turned to letters instead. Maybe it no longer does, as I just tried it and nothing changed on my scroll...

Edited by fuzzbucket

It always was - but it used to check your settings and reset some font thing so that the symbols then showed up - or turned to letters instead. Maybe it no longer does, as I just tried it and nothing changed on my scroll...

If it says anything, according to Google that page used to be mentioned in the FAQ but seems to have been edited it out? (link to the cache here if anyone's curious) Maybe it isn't supposed to work anymore after all..

Agh, sorry about that. The last thing I wanted to do was create more confusion by tossing in a non-functioning link. ^^; Seems to be the case with a number of "hidden pages" talked about in that old thread.

I was never aware it was supposed to work both ways though, I thought it was only to convert font -> to proper symbols and never the other way around. Else I might have thought to try testing it myself. :x

If it says anything, according to Google that page used to be mentioned in the FAQ but seems to have been edited it out? (link to the cache here if anyone's curious) Maybe it isn't supposed to work anymore after all..

Agh, sorry about that. The last thing I wanted to do was create more confusion by tossing in a non-functioning link. ^^; Seems to be the case with a number of "hidden pages" talked about in that old thread.

I was never aware it was supposed to work both ways though, I thought it was only to convert font -> to proper symbols and never the other way around. Else I might have thought to try testing it myself. :x

Maybe it was. Needless to say that wasn't something I ever needed to know - but I did use it plenty back in the day....

Is there a new release every month? I stopped playing dragcave for about a year and cannot remember or not there should be (because there's no May release)

Is there a new release every month? I stopped playing dragcave for about a year and cannot remember or not there should be (because there's no May release)

No. The scheduled releases didn't last long. I miss them ! It's kind of random. But there's LOADS of time for a May one to happen.

Edited by fuzzbucket

DC's birthday is May 10, May 21 so we kinda expect something to happen

then------------

( sorry senior moment)

Edited by dragonpuck

DC's birthday is May 10, so we kinda expect something to happen then------------

TJ normally does something for DC's birthday, even if it's only a forum post to announce it. I personally hope there is a dragon release that day.

There will most likely be a new dragon, or an event or something.

I'm not PLANNING or anything - but is it possible to get a neglected from a pygmy, drake or twoheaded ? Just curious.

DC's birthday is May 10, so we kinda expect something to happen then------------

May 21st, actually c:

I'm not PLANNING or anything - but is it possible to get a neglected from a pygmy, drake or twoheaded ? Just curious.

I'm not as seasoned as some with Neglecteds, but the general consensus I've heard is that you can't get one from those, no.

No, you can't. Only "regular" eggs. Wouldn't a pygmy ND be cute af, though?

You can't at the moment, however there is a neglected pygmy on the completed list.

Ah. That was all I wanted to know, in fact - though I still wonder about drakes and twoheads ! Just from curiosity. I know you can't bite them; I've never tried to zombie them....

Ah. That was all I wanted to know, in fact - though I still wonder about drakes and twoheads ! Just from curiosity. I know you can't bite them; I've never tried to zombie them....

http://dragcave.net/view/Oa8ln