Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

So, um, my hatchlings don't seem to mature until like right before they turn into adults. I've wanted to freeze some, but when I want to go freeze them, they're still in their first stage and have a little over 4 days left. I dunno if it's just me or not... Could someone maybe help me out a bit...?

(Should I have posted this in a different place...?)

Get them some more views (as eggs would be easiest, but you could just go for extra views after they've hatched), particularly more unique views, and/or more clicks to get them to gender earlier. Try adding them to another fansite or busier forum. If you get them enough views, you can get them to gender anywhere around 5d 19hr - 5d 12hr left, giving you plenty of time to freeze them as S2 without having to worry they'll grow up.

I usually just put them in Silvi's Lair, but I'll add them to another site as well. That you so much for the advice! I really appreciate it! happy.gif

I usually just put them in Silvi's Lair, but I'll add them to another site as well. That you so much for the advice! I really appreciate it! happy.gif

Try EATW and AoND. Don't add eggs to either site until they have 6d remaining or you risk getting them sick, but afterward you should be fine. The clicksite combination is quite strong and should get you what you're looking for.

Actually, since EATW has this new-egg-protection where new eggs only get a few views, you can put eggs there as soon as you get them. Same for fresh hatchlings.

I still tend to be careful with my new ones, though. Espeically if they're valuable.

Actually, since EATW has this new-egg-protection where new eggs only get a few views, you can put eggs there as soon as you get them. Same for fresh hatchlings.

I still tend to be careful with my new ones, though. Espeically if they're valuable.

I don't personally trust that as I've had several things get sick from being posted there while new. However, I do use a combination of clicksites, and it's possible EATW alone wouldn't make a new egg sick; YMMV.

Eatw would get your eggs to just below getting sick, and whichever other website you're using (one without sickness detection) would push your eggs above that. Also, Eatw cannot detect if you incubated your egg - typically a surefire way to make it miscalculate.

I don't... Are you on the new layout ?

What happens if you try to "act" ?

Yep, on the new layout.

And like cyradis4, I also get an error message when clicking on that action link.

But I was totally confused when I saw that the action link was there, on all 3 of my bred eggs. For a moment I was unsure about which egg I kept, since all 3 had that link still...

Actually not. That's what the site says when you read how the distributed the views, but my eggs get sick 50 % of the time I put them in there if they aren't below 6 days wink.gif

Do alt dragons only come from purebreds? Alt undines, dark greens and blacks. Or can I breed a dark green with a frill and get an alt?

Nah, alts don't have to come from purebreds. Breeding a dark green with a frill should in theory be able to get you an alt. Here's a non-purebred alt Black for example, but the same principle should apply for Dark Greens.

Edited by ~Magpie~

I find that if I wait until 6d20h to post new (non-incubated) eggs on EATW, they never get sick, but if I put them in there right at 7 days, even if that's the only site they're on, they usually do get sick.

So my typical MO is EATW as soon as the eggs get below 6d20, then add a second click site when the eggs get below 6 days so they'll be at the final stage of hatching right around 5 days and ready for incubate. Though during new releases / other times of high traffic or for really valuable eggs, I do wait longer than that to add to a hatchery, just in case.

So far I had no problems with EATW, even when placing just caught eggs there. The issues came up when I added them also to a different site, once they were at around 4 days.

How long does it take for a description to be approved? Or maybe how many "accept"-s does it take?

Very various. Can be years; can be days. Sheer luck. The number of accepts isn't that defining. You can PM one or two of the mods to ask them to do yours if you are desperate.

There's a suggestion thread asking for auto-approve...

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=124081

Very various. Can be years; can be days. Sheer luck. The number of accepts isn't that defining. You can PM one or two of the mods to ask them to do yours if you are desperate.

There's a suggestion thread asking for auto-approve...

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=124081

Things have changed, I see. Back in 2011 it was quite easy to get a description approved - it took a couple of days. I guess I'll just wait.

I've been having trouble with a white screen over dragon cave for a couple of hours now. When I'm not logged in I can access the front page of the cave, but the image of the dragon on the top left is broken. Once I try to log in it's white screen wherever I try to go. Before it went complete white screen I could access my scroll but all images were broken.

I've tried different browsers, restarting, hard refresh, cleaning out cookies and history, but it doesn't work.

When I check is-it-down-for-everyone-or-just-me sites it shows that it's just me.

Anyone else with this issue or knows what to do?

Check if you perchance have an addon that blocks things, such as images and styles from dragcave.net or static.dragcave.net?

I'm experiencing the same thing as Ripan, logged into DC this morning to see all the dragon sprites were broken. Naturally I refreshed and now I'm just getting a blank white screen on FF 45.0.2. Tried accessing the site with Microsoft Edge, it gives me an error saying it can't find dragcave.net as well.

I'm getting a white screen as well when I try to see my dragons.

I'm on ff 45.0.1 - it keeps asking me to update - I think maybe I won't as mine is fine.

Check if you perchance have an addon that blocks things, such as images and styles from dragcave.net or static.dragcave.net?

I've never had any such blockers on, and I can't find any either. I don't think that's the problem.

Edit: I just checked hatchery sites as well, and they can be accessed but the dragon images are broken.

Edited by Ripan

Well ... things work fine for me, hence the idea it might be something with your computer. But seeing that Terces is also having issues ...

Browser version?

Internet provider?

Try to check the computer for malwares. Some months ago my browser stopped working properly and some sites were not displaying as they should. The problem was I had malwares in my computer.