Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Seems there are problems with the newest version of firefox for me as well...

i just get blank pages too.

Using an archaic version of Opera and the site isn't loading, and I just checked and it doesn't load when using the latest IE either.

Strange thing is, the site worked for me when using Safari so I definitely think it's a browser and computer problem.

Any chance you guys are all on the new layout?

Adding my data point - Firefox 41.0.2, old layout, no issues accessing DC.

Just made a test with "edge" and there it works fine.

I have Safari and Firefox, latest versions and it doesn't work on any of them.

I have the new layout as well.

I could not spot anything suspicious like malware.

I'm on the new layout. So far three different browsers have failed to access DC (Firefox, Edge, Chrome). I ran a couple scans on my computer, no viruses or malware. Telus is my internet provider, for what it's worth.

I think AGYK has the right idea: the new layout is borken and preventing you from playing sad.gif

It is probably the new layout then, since everything else works fine, although I'm more than a bit miffed that it took so long for this error to pop up. :/

Probably the new layout borkin' up again, then.

Hope it can be fixed today, I was kinda hoping to try a special date breeding...

Thanks everyone! smile.gif

Edited by Ripan

I'm glad it's not just me. I get nothing but a blank page saying

The dragcave.net page isn’t working

dragcave.net is currently unable to handle this request.

This has been going on for me the last 7 hours and started while I was naming dragons. I went to refresh and poof.

Someone I know on the new layout who uses Pale Moon says it's fine there.... You could all try that ?

It works like normal for me now, yay! laugh.gif

Edit: But the confirmation pop-up when you perform an action looks different now.

Was this an unannounced update perhaps?

Edited by Ripan

I was in the middle of installing Pale Moon (thanks fuzz for the idea), but it seems to be working again on FF for me as well.

edit: OH I see why it stopped working... TJ has made changes to the view page on the new layout?

https://i.imgur.com/8WMzf8B.png

I noticed there is no huge Viewing Dragon: Name at the top anymore. And the Action/Get Code links have changed.

edit 2: I just realized it's the OLD layout - I've been using the new one long enough that I had a hard time remembering what it used to look like. Did we get reverted?

edit 3: I miss the new layout already. sad.gif

edit 4: After 1-2 days my account is back on the new layout again! biggrin.gif Thanks TJ.

Edited by Terces

It's started working again and I no longer have the new layout, so I'm going to go with some kind of unexpected error with the new layout that required it to be reverted. I wonder what happened?

Weird, I still have the new layout and it's fully functioning. It has not reverted like Guillotine and Terces.

Edited by Ripan

Tip: If you think your eggs might have been put in hatcheries without your permission, OR you just want to prevent in case it did.....randomly hide your scroll for an hour or so, then unhide. Do it once a day, if you want.

Hiding your scroll breaks any connection with hatcheries.

Hiding your scroll breaks any connection with hatcheries.

Not true. I keep my scroll hidden, I only unhide to add my eggs to my favorite hatcheries and then I hide again. All my eggs get views normally and hatch in time.

The only way that I know to "break the connection" with a hatchery is fogging the egg.

Not true. I keep my scroll hidden, I only unhide to add my eggs to my favorite hatcheries and then I hide again. All my eggs get views normally and hatch in time.

The only way that I know to "break the connection" with a hatchery is fogging the egg.

That's the way it works for me. My scroll is always hidden, with the exception of the very few minutes needed to add them to EATW and, as needed, to AOND.

Edited by NotBambi

This. Also, be aware fogging an egg won't remove it from Silvi's Lair. Fortunately, Silvi's is the only site I know of that keeps a fogged egg for longer than a few hours.

When making a dragon request, is it allowed/okay to say you intend the dragon to be a holiday dragon? (i.e. Halloween, Valentine's day, etc.)

When making a dragon request, is it allowed/okay to say you intend the dragon to be a holiday dragon? (i.e. Halloween, Valentine's day, etc.)

No, you have to make holiday dragons in private and PM them to TJ.

Is a 1st Gen dragon considered caveborn or the offspring of a caveborn pair?

EDIT: Thanks!

Edited by Cinspawn

Is a 1st Gen dragon considered caveborn or the offspring of a caveborn pair?

1st gen = cave born smile.gif

2nd gen = offspring of two CB dragons

Basically, when counting generations, you count the columns on the lineage page. 4 columns = 4th generation.