Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

There is no real OFFICIAL rarity index though. A lot (probably most) of it is determined by supply and demand. For instance, there was a time when CB blacks were rare as hen's teeth. Now - easy to find.

Don't all hens have teeth? blink.gif

ER - no. Hens have no teeth at all. Only beaks.

Like (almost - covers butt, but I believe ALL) all birds...

When did you last see...

user posted image

or

user posted image

Edited by fuzzbucket

Well, some beaks are pretty serrated, which is kind of like teeth. However, most (if not all?) birds swallow little stones to grate their food since they can't chew.

How does one get an egg into the egghunt?

It's done behind the scenes every year, I believe you have to be invited by the artists organizing it. So, I assume, the best way to get noticed is to be active in the art threads.

Edited by DragonLady86

Well, some beaks are pretty serrated, which is kind of like teeth. However, most (if not all?) birds swallow little stones to grate their food since they can't chew.

If you ask how you add one of the 60 eggs just click on an egg whereever it pops up on your DC account when you are logged in.

Can we get eggs from previous years?

No. Sorry.

Is there a way to check a specific thread if I've posted in it before?? I ask because I'd like to be able to post to the Complete Your Scroll Wishlist thread, but I can't remember if I've posted there or not and really don't want to have to scroll through pages and pages...

Is there a way to check a specific thread if I've posted in it before?? I ask because I'd like to be able to post to the Complete Your Scroll Wishlist thread, but I can't remember if I've posted there or not and really don't want to have to scroll through pages and pages...

If the scroll icon has a dot on it you've posted there before.

If the scroll icon has a dot on it you've posted there before.

Dumb question, but a dot where? I'm not seeing any dots on scroll icons??

Another question, how is a dragons progeny sorted? By mates breed name, code, date bred... ??

Dumb question, but a dot where? I'm not seeing any dots on scroll icons??

Another question, how is a dragons progeny sorted? By mates breed name, code, date bred... ??

Each topic has a scroll picture on the far left, open if there are new replies and rolled up if there isn't. The one on this topic will show a grey smudge or dot over it because you've posted here, but topics you haven't posted in just have the scroll.

Each topic has a scroll picture on the far left, open if there are new replies and rolled up if there isn't. The one on this topic will show a grey smudge or dot over it because you've posted here, but topics you haven't posted in just have the scroll.

Ohhh, I found it. It wasn't showing up when I searched for the thread by name, but under "site discussion" I found it with the dots. Now to try and find my post to edit it?? x-x

Also, progeny is sorted A-Z and then a-z, yes?

By mate's code, in ascii sequence (numbers, uppercase, lowercase). For each mate, kids are sorted by egg laid date.

Also, your wishlist post is here:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8829981

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Ohhh, I found it. It wasn't showing up when I searched for the thread by name, but under "site discussion" I found it with the dots. Now to try and find my post to edit it?? x-x

Also, progeny is sorted A-Z and then a-z, yes?

progeny, I have no idea

http://dragcave.net/progeny/laoL This is not by name or code so it's not a-z and it's also not order first bred or last bred for that matter so I have no idea. looks all over the place to me. ;/

Edit, I stand corrected, I didn't think all uppercase first THEN lowercase I just saw k after U. lol

Edited by DragonLady86

By mate's code, in ascii sequence (numbers, uppercase, lowercase). For each mate, kids are sorted by egg laid date.

Also, your wishlist post is here:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=8829981

Thank you, I had just found it as well, not so hard with a ctrl + f search, which I hadn't thought of originally x)

Ah that makes sense now, the progeny... I just wished it was a little more organized, I would prefer it if it were by date bred, like mate A and their babies aaaa at the top, B and theirs bbbb, etc.

Hi ^^ What's the thread where I can ask about trading? Like, what a reasonable trade is for certain eggs and whatnot.

Thank you, I had just found it as well, not so hard with a ctrl + f search, which I hadn't thought of originally x)

Given the wishlist thread's length, I did the CTRL+F after clicking your profile and then "Find all posts by this member" wink.gif

Ah that makes sense now, the progeny... I just wished it was a little more organized, I would prefer it if it were by date bred, like mate A and their babies aaaa at the top, B and theirs bbbb, etc.

That's probably a speed or site performance thing. There's most likely already an index on dragon's code (an index is what makes database access to specific data *fast*) since pretty much any action is tied to a given dragon by code. There's probably no index on data like "last bred", and adding too many indexes would cause database access to get slowed down again. Basically, just use CTRL+F on your progeny pages, too smile.gif

Given the wishlist thread's length, I did the CTRL+F after clicking your profile and then "Find all posts by this member" wink.gif

It is nice when you can use that. Sadly the "find all posts" thing is seriously glitched and really doesn't work for people with a very high post count (at least it seems to be related to that). I don't know why but for quite some time now, mine has been very inaccurate. I just searched mine and the last post listed for me is March 11. blink.gif

What kinda size giveaway are you imagining? People do quick lottos in the departures thread. Users who are looking to do more regularly or more involved giveaways do personal lotto threads in forum games.

What kinda size giveaway are you imagining? People do quick lottos in the departures thread. Users who are looking to do more regularly or more involved giveaways do personal lotto threads in forum games.

Not too big, but i think the departures thread doesn't give as many people the chance to enter. It's not something like a 2g prize or a 2g from an alt.

A tiny little question for most, but a huge one for me rolleyes.gif

Is there a tutorial or something to help with signature design? unsure.gif it has to be in simple terms as not computer literate (can just about cope with basic) sad.gif the more i try to do mine the worse mess i make sad.gif if anyone can help or push me in right direction would gratefully appreciated PMs welcome smile.gif