Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

What's the earliest a dragon can gender? Trying to get a rare dragon to gender as quickly as possible, they need a certain amount of views right?

What's the earliest a dragon can gender? Trying to get a rare dragon to gender as quickly as possible, they need a certain amount of views right?

The earliest I've ever seen one gender is slightly over 6d. The earlier you want the dragon to gender, the more views it needs. If "rare" means "prize", you'll need quite a lot of views - prizes are as stubborn about gendering as they are about hatching. One of mine recently dropped below 5d without gendering, with 8000+ V/800+ UV.

The earliest I've ever seen one gender is slightly over 6d. The earlier you want the dragon to gender, the more views it needs. If "rare" means "prize", you'll need quite a lot of views - prizes are as stubborn about gendering as they are about hatching. One of mine recently dropped below 5d without gendering, with 8000+ V/800+ UV.

Also, if it is a prize it will almost certainly get sick if you try to push views to get it to gender early.

So i was in the mood again to admire my Valentine Matchmaking cave and the only thing i get is the flying dragon and loading...

Cleared cookies, emptied cache and restart my computer. Will not restart router, 'cause i will not broke the internet for all the others in the house. Still only loading and no Matchmaking cave for me. sad.gif

Am i the only one with this problem?

Edited by Tigerkralle

Also, if it is a prize it will almost certainly get sick if you try to push views to get it to gender early.

Not a prize, a gold. Stuck it in 4 hatchieries so far.

So i was in the mood again to admire my Valentine Matchmaking cave and the only thing i get is the flying dragon and loading...

Cleared cookies, emptied cache and restart my computer. Will not restart router, 'cause i will not broke the internet for all the others in the house. Still only loading and no Matchmaking cave for me. sad.gif

Am i the only one with this problem?

Seems to not want to load for me either.

Glad that it is not only me and i also cannot see the caves of other users on their scrolls.

Is there a thread that would be appropriate to asking/sharing how people sort their scrolls? I want to get some others opinions and such to start actually getting some structure to mine but I'm not sure where to post. I don't wanna be off topic and get swatted at or anything x)

If not, maybe I could start a thread specifically for that? I don't know how that goes either though!

Is there a thread that would be appropriate to asking/sharing how people sort their scrolls? I want to get some others opinions and such to start actually getting some structure to mine but I'm not sure where to post. I don't wanna be off topic and get swatted at or anything x)

If not, maybe I could start a thread specifically for that? I don't know how that goes either though!

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=81247&hl= here's a thread for it. Though the short answer is there are as many ways to sort a scroll as there are users. everyone has their own. lol

Personally, I've resorted to "sort by breed" because custom-sorting everything is quite a bit of hassle.

I have my own method; they are sorted INTO breeds but not in "breed" order, as I like to have them within breed in MY order (by sex and within that, in the order I got them) and also where I have VAST numbers of a single breed, as in well over 100 greys and whites) I like them at the bottom.

Where can I find the coding for the animated sprite of the right-flying little green from Jolly Follies?

Thanks.

Where can I find the coding for the animated sprite of the right-flying little green from Jolly Follies?

Thanks.

This one?

user posted image

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/e/ec/Valkemarian_Tales_boson_fly-right.gif

If not, The Wiki has all of the sprites from the event.

I manually sort my scroll into a rainbow, but only one of each stage.

Also I wanted to ask, how often do dragons get taken off the completed list because they're not suitable? There are dragons on there that have been there since we had the old eggs, ones made by dovealove. I feel like if they haven't been added so far they're never going to be, they're outdated.

This one?

user posted image

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragcave/images/e/ec/Valkemarian_Tales_boson_fly-right.gif

Yes, indeed! Many thanks.

I manually sort my scroll into a rainbow, but only one of each stage.

Also I wanted to ask, how often do dragons get taken off the completed list because they're not suitable? There are dragons on there that have been there since we had the old eggs, ones made by dovealove. I feel like if they haven't been added so far they're never going to be, they're outdated.

Dragons only get taken off if they are slated for release, i think. If your sprites are not going to be released, ever, they might just sit there and rot. A lot of them are from before the Artists Agreement went into effect, so I think they are stuck there.

It sucks really, there are some really good ones from back in the day.

Dragons only get taken off if they are slated for release, i think. If your sprites are not going to be released, ever, they might just sit there and rot. A lot of them are from before the Artists Agreement went into effect, so I think they are stuck there.

It sucks really, there are some really good ones from back in the day.

Ah I coulda sworn it said they could be removed because they're not suitable. Shame really since as long as it's up there, there's always gonna be hope it might get added even if it never will. Feel bad for artists. I mean some of the old dragons or unsuitable dragons only need a few edits, but because they're on the completed list they never will be.

Do mods check the dragons are suitable before they move it to the completed list now? That'd be good.

There's no regular time which TJ goes through the list and removes dragons because they are approved or rejected. He just does it every so often when he has time. I know it's been done fairly recently.

The old ones still on the list are ones he just hasn't decided on yet or might think they'd be suitable if they were edited a bit and could be debating how to handle it and if it's worth it to suggest edits.

Dragons only get taken off if they are slated for release, i think.

They definitely also get taken off if they are not suitable for the cave.

Do mods check the dragons are suitable before they move it to the completed list now? That'd be good.

We check concepts before they're approved and that's part of what we check. We can also participate in crit and make suggestions. We can and do make crit before moving topics. HOWEVER, cave decisions are completely up to TJ, so there's really no final, final check us mods can make because we cannot read TJ's mind.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

What does "suitable" mean?

Like, if we had a theme or idea that was already used?

... or is it like how Jamba Juice removed the Strawberry Tsunami name from their menu after the really bad one? Just curious!

What does "suitable" mean?

Like, if we had a theme or idea that was already used?

... or is it like how Jamba Juice removed the Strawberry Tsunami name from their menu after the really bad one? Just curious!

The example I was thinking of hen I wrote that is there's a dragon on the completed list called dark blue stripe or something that has the exact same colour scheme as glaucus drakes. It's mostly white with dark and light blue stripes, but there sprite is nice and it could be fine with a re-colour.

The example I was thinking of hen I wrote that is there's a dragon on the completed list called dark blue stripe or something that has the exact same colour scheme as glaucus drakes. It's mostly white with dark and light blue stripes, but there sprite is nice and it could be fine with a re-colour.

Ah, that makes sense.

Maybe an odd question, but does anyone know which font is used in the DC logo? And if it is available somewhere?

I'm just asking out of curiosity tongue.gif

Maybe an odd question, but does anyone know which font is used in the DC logo? And if it is available somewhere?

I'm just asking out of curiosity tongue.gif

I'm pretty sure it's A Charming Font and I bet it's probably available for free at a font website like DaFont

I'm pretty sure it's A Charming Font and I bet it's probably available for free at a font website like DaFont

Thank you smile.gif