Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

So I decided to try summoning a Guardian of Nature. According to the Wiki, there's a higher chance of summoning with more trios. I have a full one, and I have two out of three toward a second trio, but I was wondering how much the chance increases? If that's a number anyone knows, I'm kinda curious.

Oh and if my original trio is still on cooldown and I use the second to do summon, will my odds still be increased or not? Thanks in advance! biggrin.gif

The cooldown for summoning is scroll-wide, so you would not be able to use a second set if you had already used one. I'm not sure how much having more sets affects your chances, but you have to have complete sets. In other words, for every Magma you would need an Ice and a Thunder. Having 3 Magmas with no Ices or Thunders would not change your chances.

I didn't go on DragCave over this past week and I've only found now realized that I missed an event called the Festival of Eggs.

My question is can I still get those eggs next year or are they gone forever? Will the eggs available next year be unique to that year?

The eggs for each year are unique to that year. Sadly, if you missed them this year you will not get another chance. There will be a whole new set of eggs created for next year's festival.

Edited by purplehaze

I didn't go on DragCave over this past week and I've only found now realized that I missed an event called the Festival of Eggs.

My question is can I still get those eggs next year or are they gone forever? Will the eggs available next year be unique to that year?

Every year a new original set of Festival of Eggs eggs is created. Unfortunately, there is no way to get those you missed. You can look at the collections of older players by clicking on their Easter baskets, if that would interest you.

So I decided to try summoning a Guardian of Nature. According to the Wiki, there's a higher chance of summoning with more trios. I have a full one, and I have two out of three toward a second trio, but I was wondering how much the chance increases? If that's a number anyone knows, I'm kinda curious.

Oh and if my original trio is still on cooldown and I use the second to do summon, will my odds still be increased or not? Thanks in advance! biggrin.gif

As for numbers, this was all we got: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=139167

Rather than relying purely on random chance, the likelihood of summoning a Legendary egg now increases with the number of complete sets of the Legendary Trio dragons that you have. If your style of play doesn't allow you to have multiple sets, don't worry; the base chance has been slightly increased as well.

And chance is hard for us to tell when people get really lucky and some get really unlucky. >_e Sorry, but good luck!

Is the site down for anyone else, or is it just on my end?

I was just searching around to see if anyone had experienced problems with site lag recently, and now it's giving me a 502 Bad Gateway error, so it's not just you. Hopefully this is just a minor hiccup.

Edit: Seems to be back now for me.

Edited by Spiteful_Crow

Is the site down for anyone else, or is it just on my end?

It's still up for me. The release(?) is probably causing a ton of extra traffic.

It's still up for me. The release(?) is probably causing a ton of extra traffic.

Release? Oh wow! I didn't even see that! Holy cow! Thanks for the heads up!

It might be an April Fool's prank, don't drop anything you can't replace.

It might be. Or it might not. Happy April 1st!

It might be an April Fool's prank, don't drop anything you can't replace.

Wait, you guys weren't talking about more of the Antareans and Sapphires dropping? *runs to the caves and grabs two, egg locking self* Good thing I'm hatching a few things already.

April Fool eggs, eh? Sneaky. I guess we'll have to see what TJ has in mind with this.

how long do descriptions take to be moderated? I swear I've been waiting for a description to get accepted for way over a year sad.gif I definitely wrote it before I had nearly a year long hiatus that started christmas 2014)

If the mods don't like it do they just not accept it and let it hang in purgatory forever? o3o?

I based it off of an oc of mine who has a number instead of a name... could that be what's stopping it from being accepted? :x I'm just so confused...

It's only my 3rd dragon I will have described since I usually only describe special dragons... was kinda hoping to describe more dragons with the personalities of my lil ocs...

Edited by 626lavaheart

There are several tenthousands of pending descriptions currently. It may take another couple of years to get yours approved.

how many eggs/hatchies do you need to observe in order to see what type of dragon it is?

There are several tenthousands of pending descriptions currently. It may take another couple of years to get yours approved.

dang I had no idea, that makes sense I guess. such a shame that there's so many descriptions...

thanks for the answer, I'll probably not write anymore descriptions then xd.png I don't want to take the risk of something getting denied after several years of waiting...

You can PM a mod and see if they're willing to check your specific description. There's a shortlist of mods willing to do this somewhere, but I'm not actually sure where. :x

how many eggs/hatchies do you need to observe in order to see what type of dragon it is?

5 for eggs, 10 for hatchlings I think? And 15 for adults. Of course, that only works for dragons that are actually in the Encyclopedia.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

You can PM a mod and see if they're willing to check your specific description. There's a shortlist of mods willing to do this somewhere, but I'm not actually sure where. :x

Yosofine, Infinis, Thuban

Is it just me, or is the rainbow sort a little bit different than before? My growing things no longer show up at the top of the scroll, and there's random dragons tossed in the middle of certain breeds (my wall of reds has male vampires and a crimson pygmy every now and then).

Gold Shimmers are also in the yellow section now. Is this intentional?

I have bred three news eggs and after I posted them on some clicksites, I clicked them myself but the click I gave each of them didn't count. They are with 3, 2, 3 clicks respectfully and after my clicking that stays the same. When I click them and their individual page shows, it counts my click (4, 3, 4), but when I go back to scroll, no clicks are counted. I refreshed etc. Any ideas?

You already clicked them, so you cannot add another click today. That 1-click-offset is some kind of display bug that's been there forever.

How can I click the same egg multiple times from the biome page (after a page refresh) and not get it?

For example:

see egg 12345

ctrl+click egg 12345

refresh page

see egg 12345 again

ctrl+click egg 12345

refresh page

I feel like if the egg sat on the biome page for two, sometimes three refreshes and I clicked it that many times, how did I not get it?

How can I click the same egg multiple times from the biome page (after a page refresh) and not get it?

Lag. The egg is gone before your first click registers, so you don't get it. But it takes a bit for the egg to properly move out of the biome, and given how much lag people have been complaining about today, it's probably taking longer than usual.

Is it just me, or is the rainbow sort a little bit different than before? My growing things no longer show up at the top of the scroll, and there's random dragons tossed in the middle of certain breeds (my wall of reds has male vampires and a crimson pygmy every now and then).

Gold Shimmers are also in the yellow section now. Is this intentional?

I'm pretty sure the Rainbow Sort sorts by the adult highlight color palette first, and then by actual date and/or age of the dragon. My gold shimmers sort by themselves now:

user posted image

TJ must have tweaked the rainbow sort, my shimmers used to be mixed:

user posted image