Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Evening, dragon holders! Is it just me, or does our dragon encyclopaedia stop refreshing? I have several dragon breeds over 3 per species, but they are still grey.

Did you have some of them before the encyclopedia was released? Nothing from before counts.

Did you have some of them before the encyclopedia was released? Nothing from before counts.

Nope! All of them were collected after the release of the Dragon Encyclopaedia. (all previously collected dragons were released long before it)

Nope! All of them were collected after the release of the Dragon Encyclopaedia. (all previously collected dragons were released long before it)

Not sure then since I'm only missing the two most recent holidays. but you can unlock them by observing other's dragons as well. (have to visit their pages)

Not sure then since I'm only missing the two most recent holidays. but you can unlock them by observing other's dragons as well. (have to visit their pages)

That's the problem. I've tried to visit many pages, deep sea for example, but there is no change in my stats.

Works best if you click images, e.g. in progeny listings or lineages.

So.. I'm feeling already guilty for asking this, it's about multi scrolling.

My husband keeps asking me if he can play too, but asks for my help with logging in etc etc because he doesn't speak English at all. Obviously we'll share the PC, but knowing him, (and having shared other online games in the past), I know that we'll end with him asking me to catch this or that, also considering that he works all day.

Would it be considered multi scrolling? I obviously know that is forbidden, so I preferred to ask this before breaking any rule.

Thanks 😉

Edited by SkinDrake

So.. I'm feeling already guilty for asking this, it's about multi scrolling.

My husband keeps asking me if he can play too, but asks for my help with logging in etc etc because he doesn't speak English at all. Obviously we'll share the PC, but knowing him, (and having shared other online games in the past), I know that we'll end with him asking me to catch this or that, also considering that he works all day.

Would it be considered multi scrolling? I obviously know that is forbidden, so I preferred to ask this before breaking any rule.

Thanks 😉

If you log in to his scroll it is multiscrolling.

If you stand behind him and say "click that" it isn't.

If you log in to his scroll it is multiscrolling.

If you stand behind him and say "click that" it isn't.

You couldn't have been more clear fuzz! 😃

To all the spriters out there—which programs do you usually use? I've heard of a few, but I'm just wondering what's recommended.

Really, it depends on what you want it for. We have spriters who use Paint, spriters who use SAI, spriters who use photoshop or gimp, etc. There's no program that is better for spriting. It all depends on your needs and wants and what program you're comfortable using.

Sort order on my scroll is messed up. I use the default colour sort, but today it became the 'Age' sorting. I can't change it back. If I select it to sort by colour, it will just go back to the age sorting. How do I fix this?

Could be a corrupt cookie. Try clearing your DC cookies, and if that doesn't work, clear all your cookies.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've cleared all my cookies and it still doesn't work.

That doesn't work either. It'll just revert back to the age sorting. And for some reason when I select colour sorting in the custom sort menu, it'll give an even weirder sort.

Finally went and tested for myself. Discovered the same issue. I'll go report this to TJ! Sorry about that, lol.

I'm using Google Chrome and it's up to date. I don't think the addons are causing the problem. :/

Thank gosh! I thought it was just me (that my color sort was messing up) and I was going crazy. Glad to know something may be messed up ^^

fonts.googleapis.com is causing my pages to take forever to load. PLEASE help me fix this. I can't catch any eggs like this.

SERIOUSLY this is infuriating.

Edited by BlueSkyy

fonts.googleapis.com is causing my pages to take forever to load. PLEASE help me fix this. I can't catch any eggs like this.

SERIOUSLY this is infuriating.

If you're on Firefox, give NoScript a try. It blocks custom fonts from blocked domains from being displayed - I'm not entirely sure if it prevents them from being loaded, but if it does that would likely solve your issue.

If you're not familiar with NoScript, be aware it does have a bit of a learning curve. You may have to whitelist some sites for them to work properly. Also, your DC layout is likely to change somewhat as all custom fonts will be initially blocked (the clock's time symbols will become B/C, the gender/frozen symbols will become m/f/F, etc.) but your page load time should go sharply down.

your page load time should go sharply down.

Given that most resources (fonts included) are cached after being fetched once, blocking them would have very little effect on average page load times.

Unless you're reloading pages by pressing Ctrl+F5 (or Command+Shift+R) instead of just F5; in that case you're making things worse for yourself by explicitly telling your browser to redownload everything when it shouldn't need to.

Given that most resources (fonts included) are cached after being fetched once, blocking them would have very little effect on average page load times.

Unless you're reloading pages by pressing Ctrl+F5 (or Command+Shift+R) instead of just F5; in that case you're making things worse for yourself by explicitly telling your browser to redownload everything when it shouldn't need to.

Dunno. I see a noticeable difference in performance between NoScript on/NoScript off, and I'm just Ctrl-R'ing (should be equivalent to F5). Might be something in my setup, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Or it might be the blocked JS.

My thought process for BlueSkyy was more "if NS blocks the font from being loaded, it should eliminate the GoogleAPI load completely" though - I feel like the load, rather than the font download, is the issue there.

Edit: on reread, I think you're saying the GoogleAPI load should only happen once, cache the font, and pull it from cache on future reloads? That makes sense, but then shouldn't GoogleAPI be bypassed entirely past the first page load? BlueSkyy's issues seem to suggest otherwise.

ACTUALLY (and I do use noscript) I am finding the cave is loading VERY oddly today - and it wasn't like this last night. I have my scroll open in one tab, and I'm not hunting or anything - I'm locked !

But whenever I return to the tab (I have one I'm afraid may get sick) everything except the images sort of flashes white as if it is trying to reload - even though there is no reason for it to think it is doing - it's just open all the time and I click the tab to have a look.

As far as I know I have google.apis blocked - it doesn't seem to be loading, anyway...

OOH AND - apparently it isn't caching the background images from one scroll page to another - if I go to view an egg or something - it seems to have to reload the background stuff every time - at first I see a page as if I had style switched off. That's not happening for any other site, or for the forum...

Edited by fuzzbucket