Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

A Charming Font Superexpanded, to be exact ^^

I just want to point this out from the FAQ -

Q: What font does DC use for the headers and such?

A: It's called A Charming Font.

because we used to get this question a lot. xP

Probably needs edited a tad due to the updated skin, but yar.

When will it be possible to tell the new eggs' rarities? Also, what is the probability of one of them becoming a rare?

When will it be possible to tell the new eggs' rarities? Also, what is the probability of one of them becoming a rare?
There is no surefire way to tell.

After TJs hatchies grow up the artist usually provide additional info about the new dragons in the news thread. That may or may not include information on how rare they are supposed to be, sometimes we are just left to figure that out for ourselves and that can take a while...months maybe?

There is also the fact that user demand can create an artificial rarity, causing the eggs to be hard to get and trade for, especially if the adult sprite is uncommonly pretty or awesome in some way.

If the orange eggs are as pretty as people seem to think they will be they will probably be hard to get for a while whether they are actually 'rare' or not. The blue eggs I think are a total mystery to everyone right now. They will be a game of 'wait and see'

There is no surefire way to tell.

After TJs hatchies grow up the artist usually provide additional info about the new dragons in the news thread. That may or may not include information on how rare they are supposed to be, sometimes we are just left to figure that out for ourselves and that can take a while...months maybe?

There is also the fact that user demand can create an artificial rarity, causing the eggs to be hard to get and trade for, especially if the adult sprite is uncommonly pretty or awesome in some way.

If the orange eggs are as pretty as people seem to think they will be they will probably be hard to get for a while whether they are actually 'rare' or not. The blue eggs I think are a total mystery to everyone right now. They will be a game of 'wait and see'

Thanks! smile.gif

Is there a list of people with CB alts? Looking for someone with a Cb alt black.

Is there a list of people with CB alts? Looking for someone with a Cb alt black.

Not that I know of. Advertise in your sig ?

There's no regular time which TJ goes through the list and removes dragons because they are approved or rejected. He just does it every so often when he has time. I know it's been done fairly recently.

The old ones still on the list are ones he just hasn't decided on yet or might think they'd be suitable if they were edited a bit and could be debating how to handle it and if it's worth it to suggest edits.

We check concepts before they're approved and that's part of what we check. We can also participate in crit and make suggestions. We can and do make crit before moving topics. HOWEVER, cave decisions are completely up to TJ, so there's really no final, final check us mods can make because we cannot read TJ's mind.

Is there a way to know if a concept has been removed if it's deemed unsuitable? I know that a completed concept that I suggested was removed a while back (a few months at least), but I'm not sure whether it would be unsuitable in comparison to what's already in cave. I just remember that the artist did update all of the sprites to reflect new egg styles, etc.

Is there a way to know if a concept has been removed if it's deemed unsuitable? I know that a completed concept that I suggested was removed a while back (a few months at least), but I'm not sure whether it would be unsuitable in comparison to what's already in cave. I just remember that the artist did update all of the sprites to reflect new egg styles, etc.

If you were the conceptor, you can PM TJ, but I am not sure if that would violate secrecy or not. However, he is your best bet.

Is it my imagination or are Thalassas the hardest to find of all the Xenos ? (I always like to know if my tantrums are justified xd.png)

I would also think it's Thalassa and Chrono, currently. It'll change again, I suspect - Astrapi and Gaia used to be the best-hiding for a while. xd.png

I would also think it's Thalassa and Chrono, currently. It'll change again, I suspect - Astrapi and Gaia used to be the best-hiding for a while. xd.png

I'm not sure. I just got a Thalassa (2, in fact) with no issue, while I haven't even seen a Gaia in weeks. All of my recent Gaias were gifts. I think Gaias are still the rarest.

I'm not sure. I just got a Thalassa (2, in fact) with no issue, while I haven't even seen a Gaia in weeks. All of my recent Gaias were gifts. I think Gaias are still the rarest.

Oh. Well, that's interesting - I was just posting in another thread where... xd.png

Not sure if Gaia are the rarest. Literally caught two within 30 minutes of each other in the Jungle today. I still see Thalassas less.

Edited by Eos

I see thalassa and chrono's by far the most... I still only have two from the volcano, and need a couple more gaias.

In the past few days I've seen a bunch of Mageia and a couple of Thalassa and Astrapi. Not sure if the Mageia is because the desert is getting cleaned out so thoroughly or if they're just that common, though.

I see thalassa and chrono's by far the most... I still only have two from the volcano, and need a couple more gaias.

Pyros used to be the easiest for me to catch. For a long time I had more of them than any other CB Xeno, but I have noticed lately that they're more scarce. The availability of each type definitely fluctuates though. smile.gif

ETA @ AGYK: Probably because the Desert keeps getting cleaned out. I think Mageias are in the middle in terms of their availability. Not always the easiest to get, but certainly not the hardest.

Edited by Eos

Is there a way to go further back in actions log or find out what you influenced an egg to be?

Alas, no. The log only holds the last 100 recorded actions.

IMO all Xenos drop at roughly the same rate. I have noticed no consistency whatsoever in people's reports of which they see and catch most often which says to me that there is no major difference between types, at least not in the long run.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Guys, I am sure that public blacklists are forbidden here, but being sure doesn't mean being right wink.gif Is there a way to report such blacklist, or is it better to PM the person having a blacklist first?

Guys, I am sure that public blacklists are forbidden here, but being sure doesn't mean being right wink.gif Is there a way to report such blacklist, or is it better to PM the person having a blacklist first?

Visible (in any way) blacklists ARE forbidden - if you can SEE one, tell a mod. If someone has one, they are likely to just add you, if you mention it, I'd suspect.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Visible (in any way) blacklists ARE forbidden - if you can SEE one, tell a mod. If someone has one, they are likely to just add you, if you mention it, I'd suspect.

That was exactly what I was thinking would happen smile.gif Thank you Fuzz!