Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

So did anything interesting happen this April Fool's day?

Other than a somewhat mysterious release? And our Leetle Trees doing their annual transformation to Broccoli? No, I don't think so. wink.gif

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but, what's a dummy link?

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but, what's a dummy link?

A two-way teleport link with any random dragon egg in it, usually just plucked out of the AP. Used when someone is out of magis or, usually, when they want to know who a dragon they want to gift is going to.

Luckily, neither Mistletoes nor Lunar Heralds are sporting dimorphism, so you can make it an alternating checker smile.gif

I'm not sure if this is the right topic to ask this question and I am sorry if it is smile.gif So, I was away from dc for quite some time so I was wondering how rare are Xeno dragons ? Are they like copper rare or a little bit more common than them? I am just curious because of trading and so on smile.gif Thank you in advance smile.gif

I'm not exactly an expert on rarity, but Xenos seem to be more common than Coppers, probably even a little more common than Trios. Although some varieties of Xenos (from Coast, Jungle and Forest) seem to be harder to get or in higher demand than the others.

I'm not exactly an expert on rarity, but Xenos seem to be more common than Coppers, probably even a little more common than Trios. Although some varieties of Xenos (from Coast, Jungle and Forest) seem to be harder to get or in higher demand than the others.

Thank you very much!

If you breed two different hybrids together, do they always produce the same type of egg? I've Beed my geode X goldfish together three times and only have gotten goldfish eggs. If that's all I'm going to get, I want to know so I can breed a different mate for them.

(Sorry if this was already asked or whatever)

What exactly are IOUs? I see them in sigies a lot, but don't know what they mean

(Sorry if this was already asked or whatever)

What exactly are IOUs? I see them in sigies a lot, but don't know what they mean

It means you accept a promise instead of an actual egg for a trade. For example, if I IOU you 50 hatchies for your 2g prize, it means I will eventually pay you 50 hatchies.

IOUs are not officially allowed, so people have to put them in sigs or profiles rather than actual trade posts.

If you breed two different hybrids together, do they always produce the same type of egg? I've Beed my geode X goldfish together three times and only have gotten goldfish eggs. If that's all I'm going to get, I want to know so I can breed a different mate for them.

Nope, it's just ratios. Keep breeding them and you will get a Geode eventually.

Bit of an open ended queston, but how many bred eggs go 'unloved'? A large majority? A rare few? Just a sort of rough idea based on people's experiences would be appreciated. biggrin.gif

To give a little context, I bred some dragons a few days ago and ended up with some pretty nice eggs, if I say so myself. (2g ice, xeno, GoN offspring, etc... not super rare but nothing messy/super common) All of them are incuhatchable with 0/0/0 views and I'm not sure if I've just been unlucky or if this is typical. I don't particularly want to start breeding dragons again if you're lucky for any of them to be hatched. Dx

Bit of an open ended queston, but how many bred eggs go 'unloved'? A large majority? A rare few? Just a sort of rough idea based on people's experiences would be appreciated. biggrin.gif

To give a little context, I bred some dragons a few days ago and ended up with some pretty nice eggs, if I say so myself. (2g ice, xeno, GoN offspring, etc... not super rare but nothing messy/super common) All of them are incuhatchable with 0/0/0 views and I'm not sure if I've just been unlucky or if this is typical. I don't particularly want to start breeding dragons again if you're lucky for any of them to be hatched. Dx

They're likely pinned behind the AP backwall if they're still at 0/0/0. The AP itself is at 4d 18h right now, meaning literally everything there has been incuhatchable for awhile. Give it time, eventually your eggs will get to the front, and it sounds like they're breeds people usually want to pick up so they should go pretty quickly once they're visible.

They're likely pinned behind the AP backwall if they're still at 0/0/0. The AP itself is at 4d 18h right now, meaning literally everything there has been incuhatchable for awhile. Give it time, eventually your eggs will get to the front, and it sounds like they're breeds people usually want to pick up so they should go pretty quickly once they're visible.

They're all at 4 days 1 hour or under, most are at 3 days 22 hours. Not exactly urgent, I'm just a little surprised.

They're all at 4 days 1 hour or under, most are at 3 days 22 hours. Not exactly urgent, I'm just a little surprised.

Yeah, they wont hit the AP until their hours match the hours that are showing. If the AP eggs stay at 4d 18h, then once one of your eggs reaches 3d 18h, it will hit the AP and gain a day at the same time

Edited by ParticleSoup

Has anyone else noticed quotation marks in descriptions acting funny? For some reason when the new lookup view hit for me, my dragons with descriptions with quotation marks, for example this one, has had their quote marks turned into "

It's quite ugly, I would just resubmit the descriptions but I'm not sure if that would actually fix the issue since I'm not sure if it has to do with the new view or if my descriptions themselves somehow got corrupted.

Anyone else have descriptions with quotation marks they can check?

Has anyone else noticed quotation marks in descriptions acting funny? For some reason when the new lookup view hit for me, my dragons with descriptions with quotation marks, for example this one, has had their quote marks turned into "

It's quite ugly, I would just resubmit the descriptions but I'm not sure if that would actually fix the issue since I'm not sure if it has to do with the new view or if my descriptions themselves somehow got corrupted.

Anyone else have descriptions with quotation marks they can check?

I'm on the old view layout and that dragon's desc looks fine to me. Quotes properly show up as quotes.

I'm on the old view layout and that dragon's desc looks fine to me. Quotes properly show up as quotes.

It must be the new view then, because I see this.

Yeah, they wont hit the AP until their hours match the hours that are showing. If the AP eggs stay at 4d 18h, then once one of your eggs reaches 3d 18h, it will hit the AP and gain a day at the same time

Oh geez, I totally forgot about that. That was kind of silly.

Thanks! biggrin.gif

Does the sign for females is also for other users looking weird?

user posted image

Be it hatchlings or adults the sign for females is kind of cut of at the bottom. Really not nice to look at especially as there are associations that i cannot post in public.

It is the same when i change to default skin, in the image above i using Blackout skin. So it has nothing to do with the skin.

Yeah, the symbol seems cut off at the bottom. So at least it's not an issue with one's browser cache xd.png

Edited by Ruby Eyes