Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

It is nice when you can use that. Sadly the "find all posts" thing is seriously glitched and really doesn't work for people with a very high post count (at least it seems to be related to that). I don't know why but for quite some time now, mine has been very inaccurate. I just searched mine and the last post listed for me is March 11. blink.gif

Yeah - Mine says I was last posting on March 15. As you all know, I am noisier than that. xd.png

My way around these things is to find the thread and go for the "print" option - then the whole thing is on one page and THEN I do ctrl + F.

With hugely long threads that falls over - the last time I had that happen was the old TLQ thread....

For someone with less than 250 posts, the "find all posts" thing works fine though - which was the case with the profile in question.

For someone with less than 250 posts, the "find all posts" thing works fine though - which was the case with the profile in question.

I won't argue with that at all. smile.gif I just wanted to let people know that they may not always be able to use that.

I don't seem able to find the original suggestions about:

- Increasing the number of rares

- Replacing ratios with rarity

Can someone help, please?

I won't argue with that at all. smile.gif I just wanted to let people know that they may not always be able to use that.

...but they might be able to go to "Search", select the right sub-forum and search for nothing using "filter by member name" and "show results as posts"... The smaller scope of "Help" yielded fuzzbucket's latest TLQ answers, even though "All posts" still give March 16th at the latest smile.gif

I don't seem to be able to see lineages at the moment.

If I look at the page for a dragon (egg, hatchling or adult) I can see it has parents, but clicking on lineage just shows a lone item.

I don't seem to be able to see lineages at the moment.

If I look at the page for a dragon (egg, hatchling or adult) I can see it has parents, but clicking on lineage just shows a lone item.

We just noticed this issue as well. Reported it. ^^

We just noticed this issue as well. Reported it. ^^

For what it's worth, I can still see lineages just fine. o.o

For what it's worth, I can still see lineages just fine. o.o

Are you on the old view style or new view style?

Are you on the old view style or new view style?

Old style. I'm guessing the issue is new style only, then?

I don't seem able to find the original suggestions about:

- Increasing the number of rares

- Replacing ratios with rarity

Can someone help, please?

Not sure I have these right, so here's what I found and an extra, just in case:

-Make cb golds slightly less rare: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=168453

-Changing how ratios work to what's being produced rather than what exists: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=121695

-Population ratios tied to time in cave: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=94589

First two what you're looking for?

Old style. I'm guessing the issue is new style only, then?

It actually tends to be majority on the old style, from the small sample size I have, but clearly not consistently. Something else must be the root of the issue, lol.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

It actually tends to be majority on the old style, from the small sample size I have, but clearly not consistently. Something else must be the root of the issue, lol.

Not really sure what could be in play here then. I tried with JS on and off, no change. Viewed a bunch of my dragons, went to Pollyanna's scroll and viewed a bunch of hers, no change. Went to the AP and looked at a random egg's lineage, no change. Hopped on Chrome and looked at a few random dragons, no change. Everything looks normal.

@Pollyanna, have you tried the usual troubleshooting stuff - clearing cache & cookies, restarting browser, restarting computer, etc.?

Not really sure what could be in play here then. I tried with JS on and off, no change. Viewed a bunch of my dragons, went to Pollyanna's scroll and viewed a bunch of hers, no change. Went to the AP and looked at a random egg's lineage, no change. Hopped on Chrome and looked at a few random dragons, no change. Everything looks normal.

@Pollyanna, have you tried the usual troubleshooting stuff - clearing cache & cookies, restarting browser, restarting computer, etc.?

I have tried clearing cache with no change.

What I have found is that it relies on me being logged in.

If I'm logged in and look at my dragons or anybody else's then I can't see lineage. Logging out I can immediately see a lineage for my or other people's dragons. This happens while I'm still on the same browser (Chrome) without restarting the browser.

Firefox, up to date, old style - fine smile.gif Just for the stats !

I have tried clearing cache with no change.

What I have found is that it relies on me being logged in.

If I'm logged in and look at my dragons or anybody else's then I can't see lineage. Logging out I can immediately see a lineage for my or other people's dragons. This happens while I'm still on the same browser (Chrome) without restarting the browser.

Should be fixed. ^^

Should be fixed. ^^

Yes, it is. biggrin.gif Thank you!

What excellent service! If only all sites had this quick a response!

Yes. I heard of someone who released several adults so they could re-summon. Plus, adults from burnt scrolls might have gotten there, too.

Was there a change in format to the /view pages? This is what mine looks like right now and it's really confusing me as to why it's so different. Is this just my browser acting up?

user posted image

Was there a change in format to the /view pages? This is what mine looks like right now and it's really confusing me as to why it's so different. Is this just my browser acting up?

It's not your browser. Congrats, you just got the new site view. It's been slowly rolling out to players over the past month or two (maybe more?)

Oh god. I thought it had gone away. I do hope I don't get it for a LONG while - and I DO wish it was optional.

Also, that one looks like a new version of the new version. The other screenshots I had seen showed the data in a column-like placement - that garbled stuff up there is rather awful.

This is not a discussion thread for the new layout. It is a Help thread. Please take the discussion to its proper place - a new thread if need be.