Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Is the cave down? I can't get my scroll (or anyone else's I've tried) to load.

ETA: Never mind, ignore me. Things seem to be working again.

Edited by BayouBecky

Is it just me, or is the rainbow sort a little bit different than before? My growing things no longer show up at the top of the scroll, and there's random dragons tossed in the middle of certain breeds (my wall of reds has male vampires and a crimson pygmy every now and then).

Gold Shimmers are also in the yellow section now. Is this intentional?

It is different. All my Male Vampires, Reds, Crimson Flare Pygmy, Flamingo, Carmine Wyverns, and Red-Finned Tidals are all mixed together. I do not know if it is suppose to be like that but if not I hope it is fixed soon. My hatchies and eggs were okay though it is just the first few dragons that are mixed up.

Gemshard Dragon

Gemshard blue female

Female Blue Gemshard Dragon

Release date March 28, 2015

Rarity Uncommon

Color Green, blue, red, off-white, dark grey

Habitat Jungle

Is there really a dark grey and an off-white gemshard? I've never seen one.

Gemshard Dragon

Gemshard blue female

Rarity Uncommon

Habitat Jungle

Not that I'm aware, but the wiki is a fansite and sometimes is wrong.

Not that I'm aware, but the wiki is a fansite and sometimes is wrong.

I did find it in the wiki. It's strange because Odeen was pretty specific that the colors were jade, azure, and ruby.

I did find it in the wiki. It's strange because Odeen was pretty specific that the colors were jade, azure, and ruby.

I don't know how to edit the wiki pages, but I sent a note in so someone who does can look into it. smile.gif

I don't know how to edit the wiki pages, but I sent a note in so someone who does can look into it. smile.gif

Thanks. Excellent that you did that. I thought that entry in the wiki was a little strange.

Is anyone else having problems like this user posted image

I also saw other people were having problems with their scroll sorting. Mine looks like this user posted image

I'm not sure what's going on but it's weird.

*Edited for fixing the huge pictures lol

Edited by Rascal1414

I have been message by DC friend who is unable to login to scroll from their usual browser (opera)

As i have no idea how opera works (FireFox) have to come here for advice smile.gif As far as i know they can get main page put in name a PW try to sign in but wont go past the page they can get forums up and all other bit from main page but not access scroll unsure.gif i ahev tried on mne for them and can login on Firefox not tried any others (dont have any) they have also tried mine on theirs but still nothing, as far as i know they have done all the usual things clear browsing etc unistalled, re-installed

not sure what else to say to them unsure.gif

@Rascal1414 - Someone posted about your first picture a day or two ago - they're having the same problem. Sock is aware of it, so I'm sure TJ is too c: Just be patient, and hopefully it'll be fixed soon~

Edited by AnnoyingTiger888

I have been message by DC friend who is unable to login to scroll from their usual browser (opera)

As i have no idea how opera works (FireFox) have to come here for advice smile.gif As far as i know they can get main page put in name a PW try to sign  in but wont go past the page they can get forums up and all other bit from main page but not access scroll unsure.gif  i ahev tried on mne for them and can login on Firefox not tried any others (dont have any)  they have also tried mine on theirs but still nothing, as far as i know they have done all the usual things clear browsing etc unistalled, re-installed

not sure what else to say to them unsure.gif

Find the dragcave cookies and MANUALLY delete them ? (they may be corrupted...)

Or just use another browser ? If that fails to work - it could be their ISP. Mine blocked the place once by accident.

ETA just tested and I can get into on mine in Opera.... though mine is an ancient version.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Find the dragcave cookies and MANUALLY delete them ? (they may be corrupted...)

Or just use another browser ? If that fails to work - it could be their ISP. Mine blocked the place once by accident.

ETA just tested and I can get into on mine in Opera.... though mine is an ancient version.

Thanks Fuzz they seem to back in again now they mentioned something about having to delete some bits smile.gif

On the topic of the Gemshard Dragon wiki page, the colour listing in the infobox could be referring to the egg.

user posted image

Hello there,

I've been wondering if there is a reason that several releases did not get encyclopedia-articles (antarean, greater spotted drake, hooktalon, magelight pygmy, sapphire) and othres did. Also there is none on the Leetle Tree, yet on the chickens and dinos...

futher: Sunset and Sunrise get seperated articles, not so pyralspites, nebulas, dorsals, ... I am confused ;-)

Could someone answer this? Is there an answer?

Thanks!

B

Regarding the encyclopedia stuff, some newer releases just don't have info because the dragons' creators haven't written it up yet. After it's written TJ then has to add it to the encyclopedia and he only does that in waves, not one at a time.

Sunsets and Sunrises are actually separate dragons so they get their own articles; the other dragons you listed are only alts of each other so they don't have separate articles. As far as leetle trees go, they aren't creatures that grow at all, so that's probably why they don't get an article while chickens and such do.

I hope this helps!

Edited by ParticleSoup

How long do you have to be unactive on DC in order for your dragon names to be removed? So i would know long i should be unactive if there needs to idk

How long do you have to be unactive on DC in order for your dragon names to be removed? So i would know long i should be unactive if there needs to idk

That doesn't happen anymore. It was disabled more than a few years ago as far as I know. It used to be if you didn't log in for 30 days? I think, I don't honestly remember.

In the past I think it was 6-8 weeks of inactivity causes Dragons to lose their name. But as far as I know this has changed some time ago, so Dragons don't lose their names anymore if a user goes inactive for a longer time.

Also I found this on the FAQ:

Q: Why have some of my dragon's names disappeared?

A: If you are inactive and don't log into your scroll for eight weeks, users have the ability to "steal" your names simply by naming one of their own dragons that name. This is not malicious or done out of cruel intent - some people may not even realize they are "taking" a previously used name. See the terms and conditions for this information. Names that have disappeared cannot be retrieved; you will have to re-name your dragons on your own. You may be able to remember some names through Wayback Machine. You can make names unique by adding a surname or prefix if you want a name that is no longer available. You can also put extra spaces in the middle of names (but not at the beginning or end of names).

oh okay because i heard people say they got there dragon names removed and have to rename them soooo yeah that was my .... confusion there.

thank you for answering

One of my hatchies (Currently 6hrs until it grows up) is still at 0 clicks, and I hate having adult dragons with zero clicks, but it isn't counting my clicks. What do? http://dragcave.net/lineage/x8xT0

Edit; nevermind, I guess it was just taking a while to register. Whatever happened, he has a click now and I'm happy lol

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Regarding the encyclopedia stuff, some newer releases just don't have info because the dragons' creators haven't written it up yet. After it's written TJ then has to add it to the encyclopedia and he only does that in waves, not one at a time.

Sunsets and Sunrises are actually separate dragons so they get their own articles; the other dragons you listed are only alts of each other so they don't have separate articles. As far as leetle trees go, they aren't creatures that grow at all, so that's probably why they don't get an article while chickens and such do.

I hope this helps!

Yup, thanks smile.gif

I thought, as with the other dragons it filled up with numbers, at least the "basic" would be there with the new release *blushes*

Oh, yeah, even if it's empty basic pages for at least the sprites, those seem to be added in waves too

Gemshard Dragon

Gemshard blue female

Rarity Uncommon

Habitat Jungle

No, there aren't. But the forked area of the tail is off-white for all three color varieties, and especially the females show some dark grey at the end of their whiskers.

So did anything interesting happen this April Fool's day?

You can check around the news section for any site happenings. Not sure what else kind of thing you're looking for, but peeking around SD or even strange Help threads is a good way to check for things going on.

A dragon was released on the 1st.