Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

There was another thread about this. It is a bug and it's said TJ is looking into it

Oh gotcha, well I don't mind if they get taken away, this was literally like my 3rd attempt at trying to get one cause I always forget to try tongue.gif

Oh gotcha, well I don't mind if they get taken away, this was literally like my 3rd attempt at trying to get one cause I always forget to try tongue.gif

I can't imagine they will be taken away. I suspect he will be working on a fix so that the right message appears.

I've been gone for a few years busy with real life but I noticed 2 of the dragon suggestion threads I was following have vanished. There's no mention of them on the completed list or any lists on the forums other than 2 mentions in posts when someone wanted to name their new suggestion a name that was already given to one of the dragons in a group and TJ uses the name of the other as an example in a guide.

(I don't want to name them and ruin any surprise for newer users in case they moved to some sort of "will be included list")

Should I be excited or disappointed?

Were the threads ever completed?

There's three reasons a DR may disappear:

-It goes inactive and is never finished

-It is completed and accepted

-It is completed and rejected

The only way to get to know what happened is if you were an artist/conceptor involved. If the topic was completed, you can PM TJ09 to see what happened. If the topic was not completed, you should PM myself or another help mod. If the thread simply disappeared for inactivity, we can correct it for an OP/artist who is still interested in completing it.

Thank's AGYK smile.gif

Just this one about vanishing suggestions to go now.

What does AGYK mean?

I think I've seen this somewhere before but I have no clue what it is xd.png

What does AGYK mean?

Someone's username. tongue.gif

What does AGYK mean?

My username. Highly doubt you've seen it anywhere else, unless someone else uses it on another site.

Does someone know how many generations can be viewed on the lineage page? I was away for some time and completely forgot tongue.gif

Thanks in advance!

Does someone know how many generations can be viewed on the lineage page? I was away for some time and completely forgot tongue.gif

Thanks in advance!

Should be 12, if memory serves.

Were the threads ever completed?

There's three reasons a DR may disappear:

-It goes inactive and is never finished

-It is completed and accepted

-It is completed and rejected

The only way to get to know what happened is if you were an artist/conceptor involved. If the topic was completed, you can PM TJ09 to see what happened. If the topic was not completed, you should PM myself or another help mod. If the thread simply disappeared for inactivity, we can correct it for an OP/artist who is still interested in completing it.

Thanks Sock smile.gif I was just a curious onlooker to an amazing concept.

I managed to follow the mystery trail in the 3 years I've been away and it looks like it did make the Completed list and was popular before it vanished so it now falls under the "under consideration/accepted" or "rejected for technical or TJ reasons" I think.

I got curious because there's still a link to the old thread hidden away and it led nowhere and it wasn't on any list and a new spriter hadn't taken up the mantle to design the concept.

My glimmer of hope of a release some day is restored smile.gif

Ok, I've gotten this error a couple of different times today when trying to use http://dcrecords.tj09.net/leaveandtake . It always seems to correct itself though. Anyone else experienced this today?

'Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at tj09@tj09.net to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.'

No one? I did run a diagnostic and it said I'm continuously roaming, so could that be it? Sorry, I'm computer illiterate for the most part.

Edited by Tawanda001

So, I clicked my Valentine's Day badge from this year, and it says that the page does not exist. I can't see any of my items that I collected. Is this a bug? Thanks in advance!

Edited by LumosSeeker148

Question about Xeno breeding:

According to the Wiki, if you breed a Xeno with a non-Xeno born in a biome, you can either get 1) the same egg as the Xeno parent, 2) the same egg as the non-Xeno parent, or 3) the Xeno variety that you would usually find in the non-Xeno parent's biome.

My questions are: Will certain parents only ever produce certain eggs? Like can any pairing produce that 3rd option of a Xeno egg from the non-Xeno parent's biome? And also, does anyone have any idea how likely that 3rd option is?

I planned a lineage around the 3rd option but have tried breeding a lot with no luck so far... I just wanted to make sure it was actually possible with any pairing. Thanks guys!

Question about Xeno breeding:

According to the Wiki, if you breed a Xeno with a non-Xeno born in a biome, you can either get 1) the same egg as the Xeno parent, 2) the same egg as the non-Xeno parent, or 3) the Xeno variety that you would usually find in the non-Xeno parent's biome.

My questions are: Will certain parents only ever produce certain eggs? Like can any pairing produce that 3rd option of a Xeno egg from the non-Xeno parent's biome? And also, does anyone have any idea how likely that 3rd option is?

I planned a lineage around the 3rd option but have tried breeding a lot with no luck so far... I just wanted to make sure it was actually possible with any pairing. Thanks guys!

Any of the options can be thrown: https://dragcave.net/progeny/pOoIP (see example with two xeno types)

I think the biome of the non-xeno parent is supposed to be more rare, but I don't think a lineage revolving around that would be impossible. ^^

Any of the options can be thrown: https://dragcave.net/progeny/pOoIP (see example with two xeno types)

I think the biome of the non-xeno parent is supposed to be more rare, but I don't think a lineage revolving around that would be impossible. ^^

Thank you very much, Sock! Now I know I can keep trying for the lineage I want ^o^

I know that for dragon sprites we should check the art usage form and talk to the artists before doing anything, but what about egg sprites? Would those just default to the breed creator or spriters?

I have a question about Spirit Ward Dragons. I'm trying to unlock the last image for males & females. I've tried finding them on other scrolls & leaving the view page open all night as well as using my own in the same fashion, but it's still locked. So my question is there a schedule of times when each phase appears and what is the time for the last one? Plus, it's telling me I need to own 3 more or view 15 in that time phase, but I've since grabbed one from the cave which I plan on releasing, so shouldn't I need to just own 2 more? Any help here is awesome! Thanks in advance! biggrin.gif

You have to actually view ones which you haven't viewed before - in each phase of their beauty. Leaving a page open won't do it - you have to CLICK on them for them to count. And no - the egg won't count towards views of the hatchies/adults till it is at least a hatchie, and you would have to view it in the correct time phase for it to count towards that time. (and hatchies don't count as they don't colour up.)

The first "brightening" appears between 18:00-20:00 and 04:00-06:00 (CAVE time).

The next phase: 20:00-22:00 and 02:00-04:00

Then 22:00-23:00 and 01:00-02:00

And full brightness is between 23:00-01:00.

It takes AGES to do. I got fed up and stayed up all night once, to complete....

ETA I just looked - it took me 127 adult views to do - and I knew what times I was working with....

Edited by fuzzbucket

You have to actually view ones which you haven't viewed before - in each phase of their beauty. Leaving a page won't do it - you have to CLICK on them for them to count. And no - the egg won't count towards views of the hatchies/adults till it is at least a hatchie, and you would have to view it in the correct time phase for it to count towards that time. (and hatchies don't count as they don't colour up.)

The first "brightening" appears between 18:00-20:00 and 04:00-06:00 (CAVE time).

The next phase: 20:00-22:00 and 02:00-04:00

Then 22:00-23:00 and 01:00-02:00

And full brightness is between 23:00-01:00.

It takes AGES to do. I got fed up and stayed up all night once, to complete....

ETA I just looked - it took 127 adult views to do - and I knew what times I was working with....

fuzzbucket, you're the best! Thank you sooo much!! I guess I'll have to stay up one night to actually see each phase so I can click on them. xd.png

I know that for dragon sprites we should check the art usage form and talk to the artists before doing anything, but what about egg sprites? Would those just default to the breed creator or spriters?

What did you want to do with the eggs?

Yes, I would just default to the spriters. It's likely one of them was the one to whip up the egg.

fuzzbucket, you're the best! Thank you sooo much!! I guess I'll have to stay up one night to actually see each phase so I can click on them. xd.png

Find a few scrolls with a lot... and then use their lineages to find more.

I have a fair number - about 20 - on page 5 of my scroll (I have 500 to a page; you may have to do math to find which page that is for you biggrin.gif

What did you want to do with the eggs?

Yes, I would just default to the spriters. It's likely one of them was the one to whip up the egg.

Nothing to the actual sprites. I was thinking about making pygmy egg sized versions of the ones for breeds I've used in lineages for my signature or a list to make things line up better. (They'd be done from scratch, but I'm not sure if that would count as derivative work or sprite edits.) If I can't do that, though, I'll just try to think of different ways to represent them.

Nothing to the actual sprites. I was thinking about making pygmy egg sized versions of the ones for breeds I've used in lineages for my signature or a list to make things line up better. (They'd be done from scratch, but I'm not sure if that would count as derivative work or sprite edits.) If I can't do that, though, I'll just try to think of different ways to represent them.

Ah, okay! Sounds cute. Yeah, I would poke the adult/hatchie artists. ^^