Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

No, you can abandon CB eggs too. I've gotten many abandoned CB Eggs in the AP. Misclicks, sometimes even nice people will grab and toss, just for those not as fast.

Yeah, I phrased that wrong. I do know that but wasn't thinking. I meant they are all abandoned by players, not put there by the cave.

Edited by annageckos

Something weird - anyone else ?

I keep a detailed chart of refusals. All 456 of them mad.gif

The other day, a pair I was SURE had refused came up as breedable, so I bred them - and they - didn't.

I must have made a mistake, yeah ?

BUT - it has just happened again. So I am going through ALL my refusals from the chart - making sure that they haven't either of them bred lately - and I've so far found FOUR MORE pairs that don't show up as having refused each other.

Are we SURE refusals last for ever ??? blink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

My only guess is TJ is doing something in the background, and tripped a switch with refusals? I'd like to suggest PMing him about it, if you really want too. I will go and check out my refusals...

Edit: I just checked my slave code, and her refused mates are still rejected:

user posted image

Edited by xeyla

The other day, a pair I was SURE had refused came up as breedable, so I bred them - and they - didn't.

BUT - it has just happened again. So I am going through ALL my refusals from the chart - making sure that they haven't either of them bred lately - and I've so far found FOUR MORE pairs that don't show up as having refused each other.

Did the breedable (but formerly rejected) dragons show up at the end, or were they back in their sorted order?

I checked a couple of past refusals that I had records of, and they're still grayed out in the breeding list. But these are recent ones, because they're the only ones I can remember.

Do you also keep track of the date of refusal? Could these have been pairs that had refused during the window which was later wiped out by the unexpected downtime in January? I think I remember people posting about dragons which had refused during that window not necessarily refusing anymore.

My only guess is TJ is doing something in the background, and tripped a switch with refusals? I'd like to suggest PMing him about it, if you really want too. I will go and check out my refusals...

I don't want to spoil things biggrin.gif I just wondered if anyone else....

@ toyofubl - they were back in their sorted order - and the ones who had refused more than one mate still had the others greyed out at the bottom. And no - nothing to do with January - the first surprise was from a pair I had first tried well over a year ago.

Good point, though - that could certainly account for some of the others - I must look. But not now !

Are Geodes considered hybrids by cave standards? I always thought they were considering they share the same mechanics with the majority of hybrids but I read elsewhere that they're actually considered a stand-alone/their own breed?

Edited by bluesonic1

I recently realized that I wanted to join a Dragon Cave themed roleplay.

Where should I begin? Are there any roleplays where I can simply play as the dragons on my scroll and their owner, 'Narotiza?'

Are Geodes considered hybrids by cave standards? I always thought they were considering they share the same mechanics with the majority of hybrids but I read elsewhere that they're actually considered a stand-alone/their own breed?

I believe they'd be considered hybrid. If they're not, neither are Shallow Waters, Soulpeaces, or Fellhorses - literally every other hybrid follows the same breeding mechanic.

Unless the person who wrote that was TJ or CaityG, I don't see why they wouldn't be considered hybrids.

I recently realized that I wanted to join a Dragon Cave themed roleplay.

Where should I begin? Are there any roleplays where I can simply play as the dragons on my scroll and their owner, 'Narotiza?'

So I guess it really depends on what you mean by "where should I begin?"

If you're just looking for something relaxed or you're completely new to RPs, I would suggest starting in Freeforms: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showforum=36

Posts there do not count towards your total, so there aren't guidelines on how much you have to write like there are in the DC/Other sections. You can find lots of 1x1 or generally small RPs there with all kinds of subjects. And if you can't find something you want to join in on, you can easily create your own. Unlike DC/Other RPs, which have to go through the approval process in the Unapproved section, it's perfectly fine to just post an idea of what you want to RP about and then wait for someone. So posting "anyone up for RP'ing some dragons from our scrolls?" would be fine. Hopefully you would find someone fairly quickly.

But if you're looking for a little more intense RP'ing, then I would suggest jumping straight to DC RPs: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showforum=9

As you can see, there's not a whole lot of active RP'ers/RPs right now, so unless you want to try and get your own RP approved, you have fairly limited chances on what to join. However, they are all DC themed, as the section name implies, so any should fit your desire to just RP your dragons, although I don't know that any of them incorporate the scroll owner - you'd have to read the plot/intros yourself to figure that out. Other than that, just make sure the RP is open to accepting RP'ers and read their rules on how to join/where to send your character sheet.

If you want to look into seeing if anybody from the older RPs is interested in continuing/reviving an RP you're interested, check the bottom of the forum. There are some dropdown menu options. The last choice "from" select "the beginning" to see all RPs, or just choose a larger amount of time than "25 days". Then click go. More RPs from that section will load.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Is it just my Firefox derping or has the way Firefox show the font on the DC main site changed? I checked with my brother who uses Chrome and on the screenshots he sent me of his scroll and main cave the font looks like what it used to look on my FF, but on mine it looks like the font size has shrunk! I checked to make sure that I don't have a default FF font selection over-riding the site's font style and no it's not the case. I'm rather baffled sad.gif (I'm using Firefox 45.0)

Is it just my Firefox derping or has the way Firefox show the font on the DC main site changed? I checked with my brother who uses Chrome and on the screenshots he sent me of his scroll and main cave the font looks like what it used to look on my FF, but on mine it looks like the font size has shrunk! I checked to make sure that I don't have a default FF font selection over-riding the site's font style and no it's not the case. I'm rather baffled sad.gif (I'm using Firefox 45.0)

If you press control+0 or go to view -> zoom -> reset, does that fix it?

If you press control+0 or go to view -> zoom -> reset, does that fix it?

Tried that and nothing! sad.gif

Is it just my Firefox derping or has the way Firefox show the font on the DC main site changed? I checked with my brother who uses Chrome and on the screenshots he sent me of his scroll and main cave the font looks like what it used to look on my FF, but on mine it looks like the font size has shrunk! I checked to make sure that I don't have a default FF font selection over-riding the site's font style and no it's not the case. I'm rather baffled sad.gif  (I'm using Firefox 45.0)

You probably zoomed out by accident (Ctrl-+ or Ctrl-- will zoom in or out, respectively, as will Ctrl-zoom). Ctrl-0 to fix it.

Edit: or I could get ninja'd...

Edited by AGYK

Tried that and nothing! sad.gif

Okay, if you go to preferences -> content, what is your font size set to? Mine is set to 16, and if I click "advanced", the box that says "let websites choose their own font" is checked to allow it. I don't have a minimum font size selected, but you could try setting yours to get DC's font larger.

Barring weirdness there, screenshot? I'm on firefox (although on a Mac), so we could compare.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

My font size is also set to 16. And yes, the option to let the websites use their own font is checked/allowed. I did not change any settings on my Firefox (and I have been using it for years!) and I just noticed this change in the last few days. Maybe it's all in my head!

wacko.gif

Here is a screenshot: linked for size

It's bizarre! It's the same font for sure, but for some reason it looks to me like mine is more condensed. Maybe it is in my head! I think I'm going to just do a text-only zoom and maybe that will make it look ok.

Thanks for the help guys! smile.gifwub.gif

If I put an egg up for trade with teleport, but the egg hatches, will the trade link still work?

If the egg hatches while in teleport, the teleport would be broken. You'd need to make a new teleport and post/send the new link.

I'm also under the impression that having an egg hatching in teleport makes the magi go into cooldown? Someone confirm or correct for me?

If I put an egg up for trade with teleport, but the egg hatches, will the trade link still work?

No - you will have to make another. So the best thing is to take it out just before it hatches, as then your magi can be used again at once.