Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Special characters is the only explanation I got. Regardless, I'm glad it is fixed.

ER - well, in the Europe thread, we have this now (it was a diamond yesterday)

Vilnius/Zürich 

I would guess that someone edited the post while the special characters were still broken. They will need to edit it again and put all those special characters back into place sad.gif Zürich in this case.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

ER - no - I just came back to report this in the great lineages thread:

I´m delighted that you like the Waterhorse xd.png.png it was fun building the Holly´s mate =)

We just have new weirdness instead of the diamonds - and if the characters CHANGED all by themselves in old posts, they should have just changed back. And haven't. Something changed, and whatever has happened since, it isn't right yet.

AND - the other Zurich post I cited yesterday, which was a diamond, and has not been edited since I mentioned it, now shows Z�rich instead. It changed without being edited - and NOT back to the way it started out in October 2013 !

Edited by fuzzbucket

Meanwhile, in the Ghost Pygmy thread,

These mysterious dragons are a strange breed and are a �larger than normal� Pygmy

Granted, that shows a 3/3 edit date (was 3/1 as of a few hours ago), so it's possible it was edited while things were glitchy. But it's still worth noting.

Was it, now.

• ☑ ♥

I don't know, seems to work on my end now ... maybe some browsers are still stuck with the faulty encoding for a while, until everyone's got their cache cleared.

Of course, I might also be entirely wrong xd.png

Edit: The post you were reporting (great lineages) was made during the time with the faulty encoding issue. Basically, it was sent with broken data, and won't change to something correct now since it's wrong in the database.

The other post with the Zürich bit was also modified and sent to the database with the wrong encoding. It's stored this way now, it won't automagically change back by itself.

The thing is, if you modify a post with broken characters now, they won't fix themselves - they are now broken into 2 characters instead of the 1 unicode character they were before.

(I've seen this effect in another game before, where the pages had a different encoding than the database. Special characters were broken in 2 EVERY time someone edited an existing message and saved it, making the string of unreadable characters longer and longer with each edit.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Was it, now.

• ☑ ♥

I don't know, seems to work on my end now ... maybe some browsers are still stuck with the faulty encoding for a while, until everyone's got their cache cleared.

Of course, I might also be entirely wrong xd.png

Edit: The post you were reporting (great lineages) was made during the time with the faulty encoding issue. Basically, it was sent with broken data, and won't change to something correct now since it's wrong in the database.

The other post with the Zürich bit was also modified and sent to the database with the wrong encoding. It's stored this way now, it won't automagically change back by itself.

The thing is, if you modify a post with broken characters now, they won't fix itself - they are now broken into 2 characters instead of the 1 unicode character they were before.

But LP would not have edited the word Zurich at all (this is a lineage thing I am heavily involved with and I know what she edited for !) - so it shouldn't have changed at all.

And on the other forum I'm on - all the characters in question (mostly apostrophes and "s) over the whole place changed to diamonds - and when the admin did her thing, they all changed back - including those recently posted (a new post of mine was what had alerted me - and it went like it should as soon as she did her thing - I didn't have to edit it at all.)

You don't need to edit the word itself to break it. You read the whole post from the database to your browser, and you send the whole post back to the forum's database. One of these two steps broke any special characters involved. But basically, you never only change single words in a post with more than one word - you always replace the whole thing.

I guess the admin in your other forum had better forum software to work with. This old thing here ... well ...

You don't need to edit the word itself to break it. You read the whole post from the database to your browser, and you send the whole post back to the forum's database. One of these two steps broke any special characters involved. But basically, you never only change single words in a post with more than one word - you always replace the whole thing.

I guess the admin in your other forum had better forum software to work with. This old thing here ... well ...

It's a zillion times better than the new version. Trust me. A whole forum I loved shut down because the new version was so vile none of us could bear it and invision wouldn't let us revert.

Oh well - let's hope it settles.

So... hypothetically what are the steps when you think someone is multiscrolling? And if the answer is 'write a message to TJ', can you please tell me what it should look like? I think I need help with it.

So... hypothetically what are the steps when you think someone is multiscrolling? And if the answer is 'write a message to TJ', can you please tell me what it should look like? I think I need help with it.

You say "I think this user is multiscrolling"; you name the scrolls involved and you say what makes you think this.

You say "I think this user is multiscrolling"; you name the scrolls involved and you say what makes you think this.

fair enough smile.gif I just feel like I was writing a letter to Pope or something, and it makes me pretty nervous. And what if one of those scrolls is hidden?

laugh.gif TJ is very human, so don't overstress.

If you know the name on the scroll I suspect TJ has his ways of checking it whether it is hidden or not.

fair enough smile.gif I just feel like I was writing a letter to Pope or something, and it makes me pretty nervous. And what if one of those scrolls is hidden?

TJ seeth all things. He can see what is hidden to the rest of us. Don't worry. He's not the Pope - I PROMISE !

Please, prior to messaging TJ ,message a forum mod. We can investigate and then inform TJ if it's necessary.

I've been gone for a few years busy with real life but I noticed 2 of the dragon suggestion threads I was following have vanished. There's no mention of them on the completed list or any lists on the forums other than 2 mentions in posts when someone wanted to name their new suggestion a name that was already given to one of the dragons in a group and TJ uses the name of the other as an example in a guide.

(I don't want to name them and ruin any surprise for newer users in case they moved to some sort of "will be included list")

Should I be excited or disappointed?

The other quickie is if I have 7 eggs and one is up for trade will the trade go through ie, they are switched at exactly the same time, or do I need to have a slot free for receiving so one is switched before the other?

Is there any way to tell the chance of a dragon getting sickness? From experience I've usually gotten sick dragon eggs when they're still above 6 days and have around 900 views, but for some reason one of my dragons are sick and its at 3 days 20 hours with about 4800 views. If I unfog it and try to hatch it, would there be a chance of it dying? Because its for another person.

The other quickie is if I have 7 eggs and one is up for trade will the trade go through ie, they are switched at exactly the same time, or do I need to have a slot free for receiving so one is switched before the other?

The eggs are switched at exactly the same time. You don't need a slot free as long as the trade is 1:1.

Is there any way to tell the chance of a dragon getting sickness? From experience I've usually gotten sick dragon eggs when they're still above 6 days and have around 900 views, but for some reason one of my dragons are sick and its at 3 days 20 hours with about 4800 views. If I unfog it and try to hatch it, would there be a chance of it dying? Because its for another person.

There's always a chance of something dying to sickness. At 3d 20h I would imagine the chance is pretty low, though, especially if you fog the dragon as soon as it hatches. If it's a prize I wouldn't worry. Stupid things get sick so easily but I've never managed to kill one via sickness.

For what it's worth I just hatched a just-under-4d prize with 5410/605/1. It got sick promptly at 4d and stayed sick all the way through hatching (roughly 2h?), but I expect it to be just fine in 12h or so. My prizes regularly follow this pattern.

Is it a sun ? They can get a shedload of views far too fast when they get to 4 days and it isn't their hatching time.

Is it a sun ? They can get a shedload of views far too fast when they get to 4 days and it isn't their hatching time.

Nope, its a bronze shimmer

Prizes have a tendency to be quite prone to sickness, haha.

I've been gone for a few years busy with real life but I noticed 2 of the dragon suggestion threads I was following have vanished. There's no mention of them on the completed list or any lists on the forums other than 2 mentions in posts when someone wanted to name their new suggestion a name that was already given to one of the dragons in a group and TJ uses the name of the other as an example in a guide.

(I don't want to name them and ruin any surprise for newer users in case they moved to some sort of "will be included list")

Should I be excited or disappointed?

Thank's AGYK smile.gif

Just this one about vanishing suggestions to go now.

Nope, its a bronze shimmer

Was it incubated?

Like Pie said, prizes are quite prone to getting sick, but especially if they've been incubated. This is because Prizes tend to need a lot of views to hatch, so the large influx of views to a 2 day old egg is quite enough to make it sick before it has enough to actually hatch. If it wasn't incubated then you've probably just got a stubborn egg XD

@AnnieGYG, there's really no way to tell. My best advice would be to just expect that it was removed with no intention to add, and if it does get released in the future then it will be a nice surprise. If you want to have conversations about the topics that were removed I recommend doing it with friends privately over PMs~

Edited by ParticleSoup

Thank's AGYK smile.gif

Just this one about vanishing suggestions to go now.

OK - so - Sock posted a while ago when someone was looking for one that they wanted to work on, that suggestion threads that sort of die on the vine (no posts in ages) are archived, but are sometimes revived if their owners want them to be. Probably as simple as that. Removed for lack of interest. You could PM sock - she'll know about individual threads. But I wouldn't assume they are going to be released just because they have been removed.

Thanks for all the help about the prize sickness smile.gif Appreciate it!

But I've encountered, I guess a weird bug?

Action Log says I've made a 'Failed attempt to summon egg' for a GoN, yet I've got one on my scroll?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/PMMFi Not fussed that I got it haha, but does this usually happen or something?

edited for view link

Edited by yosofine

Thanks for all the help about the prize sickness smile.gif Appreciate it!

But I've encountered, I guess a weird bug?

Action Log says I've made a 'Failed attempt to summon egg' for a GoN, yet I've got one on my scroll?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/PMMFi Not fussed that I got it haha, but does this usually happen or something?

There was another thread about this. It is a bug and it's said TJ is looking into it

edited for view link in quote

Edited by yosofine