Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Shimmers were originally intended to be regular dragons (they would have been blue like Jewel) so that's why they have a description.

Out of curiosity, do you have a source for that?

Out of curiosity, do you have a source for that?

"Yes i made her first as a standard dragon - but still a rare, but then the new prize option came up before I had finished and she looked good as a gold so I did the rest." -Mysfytt

From here

"Yes i made her first as a standard dragon - but still a rare, but then the new prize option came up before I had finished and she looked good as a gold so I did the rest." -Mysfytt

From here

Thank you! Much appreciated.

From here

Thanks, I'd would have had to go trolling through the news topic that first year. I just remember reading her talking about it. smile.gif

I have two questions, although one is more of an opinion thing.

How wanted are Sweetlings, Hollies, and Snow Angels? I ask because on holidays I breed for the AP, which I don't do often, but a lot of the dragons I have of those breeds are inbred. Would they still be wanted, or should I just skip breeding them come holiday time? (I'm finally going back and marking all inbreds, which is why this question is coming up now).

Second question, is there any way to block a specific ad? I have Adblock Plus but it's disabled on DragonCave. I might as well be honest and say that I'm not having a problem with any ad, but I'm *looking* for a specific ad I saw once, and yet 99% of the time, on any page I go to, it's the same exact ad. I would like to block that specific ad to make it easier to find the one I'm looking for, but I don't know if that's possible.

If you click on the ABP icon on the upper left corner of the screen, there should be a "block element" button which lets you block specific ads. (or other parts of the site)

How wanted are Sweetlings, Hollies, and Snow Angels? I ask because on holidays I breed for the AP, which I don't do often, but a lot of the dragons I have of those breeds are inbred. Would they still be wanted, or should I just skip breeding them come holiday time? (I'm finally going back and marking all inbreds, which is why this question is coming up now).

Sweetlings and Snow Angels backlog horribly; you could probably skip breeding those. Hollies are still wanted, but you'll probably want to breed yours early in the Christmas breeding window. I've noticed that people get more picky as they start landing good AP catches, and even pretty Hollies sometimes sit in the departure thread for a bit by the time the event is over.

They may backlog - but as one who "needs" particular lines of both - please don't stop !!!!

Second question, is there any way to block a specific ad? I have Adblock Plus but it's disabled on DragonCave. I might as well be honest and say that I'm not having a problem with any ad, but I'm *looking* for a specific ad I saw once, and yet 99% of the time, on any page I go to, it's the same exact ad. I would like to block that specific ad to make it easier to find the one I'm looking for, but I don't know if that's possible.

It's not possible, and here is why:

The ads on the Cave are assigned a random 10-digit number every time they are shown, so even if you try to block a specific ad, you will see it again later. ABP can only block whatever links you tell it too, and those 10 digit number strings make it almost impossible. I have my ABP set to block all of the ads, and if you want my filter, send me a PM. But, it doesn't always work, because it is a string exception.

Edit: That I didn't know AGYK, thank you for that info smile.gif

Edited by xeyla

It's not possible, and here is why:

The ads on the Cave are assigned a random 10-digit number every time they are shown, so even if you try to block a specific ad, you will see it again later. ABP can only block whatever links you tell it too, and those 10 digit number strings make it almost impossible. I have my ABP set to block all of the ads, and if you want my filter, send me a PM. But, it doesn't always work, because it is a string exception.

There is a filter capable of blocking all ads using regex, but that won't block just a subset of the ads as Marie is looking to do. I can offer you that full-block filter if you'd like, though. tongue.gif

Um, I joined in February and I'm curious... how to get Tinsels/Shimmerscales?

EDIT: I meant CB ones. I was looking for the raffle details. Thank you to everyone.

Edited by SwordofStars

Trading, gifting or the AP with much luck ... oh and your inbox wink.gif

Um, I joined in February and I'm curious... how to get Tinsels/Shimmerscales?

CB Tinsels and Shimmerscales are awarded during an annual raffle that normally happens shortly after Christmas. We did not have a raffle this year. You can obtain bred Tinsels and Shimmerscales through trades and/or the AP. smile.gif

CB Tinsels and Shimmerscales are awarded during an annual raffle that normally happens shortly after Christmas. We did not have a raffle this year. You can obtain bred Tinsels and Shimmerscales through trades and/or the AP. smile.gif

Thanks for the confirmation. I was under the impression that some sort of contest or raffle happens during every holiday season (Valentines, Halloween, and December) that gives out CB prizes and was confused during the Valentine event this year.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was under the impression that some sort of contest or raffle happens during every holiday season (Valentines, Halloween, and December) that gives out CB prizes and was confused during the Valentine event this year.

There have only ever been raffles at Christmas, with the eggs given out in February-ish.

Can caver born dragons alt?

no, sorry

unless you are talking about

Dorsals which cane be red or purple

Ridgewings which can be tan or purple

Nebulas which can be red /greem or purple/blue

CB Black and Green/ vine will never alt though

Edited by dragonpuck

no, sorry

unless you are talking about

Dorsals which cane be red or purple

Ridgewings which can be tan or purple

Nebulas which can be red /greem or purple/blue

CB Black and Green/ vine will never alt though

Does the same apply to an undine?

Does the same apply to an undine?

Yes, it does. Caveborn Undines will never be the yellow alts.

Is it possible for people who have previously won 2 contests (as in prize or holly) to win another?

Well, since TJ didn't put any such limit on the last raffle that happened, I don't think he will do so in the future - provided there will ever be another raffle.

But basically, you'll see it in TJ's announcements then.

I've noticed this weird thing, sometimes I see Blue-Banded dragon egg a slightly different colour when in the AP page. Anyone else?

What is a vampire dragon worth? Or, better phrased, what would I have to offer in exchange to obtain one?