Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I think I've heard that EQ has a higher chance of working when an egg has a big hole in it, and has all the stats necessary for hatching.

This is true. The same holds for Kill. Both have terrible success rates, though, and I strongly recommend not using either except in extreme circumstances.

Also, with EQ, be aware every egg on your scroll can be affected. I believe even fogged eggs are affected.

I agree with this. Thank you. The person was probably very young and very inexperienced, and didn't know how to use the PM system or the forums, otherwise they could have asked what Earthquake does.

For future reference, Earthquake either hatches your eggs (RARELY) or kills them (MOST OF THE TIME). I will be happy to help anyone who needs help with wanting to hatch their eggs. I will even hatch their eggs for them if they don't understand that using Earthquake is not a good choice.

Until then, I'm going to let it go. It still saddens me that someone did that, but like you said, a very inexperienced person would never kill such a rare egg and the person probably doesn't know how DC works. I would have been happy to help, though. smile.gif

My tiny little question: This is technically related to the above. How likely IS Earthquake to work, and what might help it be more successful? If there's a thread about EQ, please link me there. I have never used EQ once, but seeing my egg killed via EQ and a person who hasn't played DC much has made me WANT to at least try it...so maybe fill my scroll with common eggs I don't care if they die, wait til they're almost cracking, then do it? I guess? Good EQ tips? huh.gif

Plenty of experienced users use earthquake. I see it talked about mostly for neglected experiments and for new releases when people want early hatchlings. An experienced person may also have more rares and not be as bothered if they don't get the earthquake result they wanted.

Whatever their reasons for using earthquake on their own egg, they were valid simply because it was their egg to do with what they wanted.

It is great to offer to help people, but earthquake is a perfectly valid game option for people to us. TLQ is really not the place to lecture others on your personal dislike of it. There are threads in SD where you can share your personal opinion on earthquake.

There is also an earthquake stats thread in SD. We do not know exact chances. As well, as mentioned, the success of eq can be affected by the age and stats of the dragons. Older eggs with more views are more likely to successfully hatch with earthquake.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Hi! I was just curious about what those nifty little icons certain people have below their avatar and information are? I've seen a shield (like the one you have, sock) and a paint palette on some people.

I'm assuming it's a mod/artist thing, but I just wanted to confirm ^^

Hi! I was just curious about what those nifty little icons certain people have below their avatar and information are? I've seen a shield (like the one you have, sock) and a paint palette on some people.

You are correct.

Admin, mods and artists have icons.

You are correct.

The shield is for moderators. The palette is for in-cave artists.

^Thank you, too!

You are correct.

Admin, mods and artists have icons.

Oh cool! Thank you very much ^^

Edited by Holocast

I agree with this. Thank you. The person was probably very young and very inexperienced, and didn't know how to use the PM system or the forums, otherwise they could have asked what Earthquake does.

For future reference, Earthquake either hatches your eggs (RARELY) or kills them (MOST OF THE TIME). I will be happy to help anyone who needs help with wanting to hatch their eggs. I will even hatch their eggs for them if they don't understand that using Earthquake is not a good choice.

Until then, I'm going to let it go. It still saddens me that someone did that, but like you said, a very inexperienced person would never kill such a rare egg and the person probably doesn't know how DC works. I would have been happy to help, though. smile.gif

My tiny little question: This is technically related to the above. How likely IS Earthquake to work, and what might help it be more successful? If there's a thread about EQ, please link me there. I have never used EQ once, but seeing my egg killed via EQ and a person who hasn't played DC much has made me WANT to at least try it...so maybe fill my scroll with common eggs I don't care if they die, wait til they're almost cracking, then do it? I guess? Good EQ tips? huh.gif

You have actually no way to know it was EQ - sure that was a guess based on its stats, but even so. Maybe they just wanted to kill it. It was theirs to kill, if they wanted to. They may have known perfectly well what EQ does; they may have had another egg they wanted to EQ and didn't care enough about their silver to worry about it.

Using EQ can be a very good choice and it may have been for this player. Trying to run a thread to tell others how to play because an egg you lost was killed is - telling others how to play, which is in general not OK. I have actually used EQ several times. Sometimes it has no effect at all; once I lost an egg I minded about along with the others (I was testing).

The point is that it wasn't your egg, and the person who caught it had every right to do whatever they liked with it. Sad for you, but true. You HAVE to let this go - I've seen you post so often about it - it seems to have spoiled the game for you this week; that's a pity.

Edited by fuzzbucket

On my scroll, I have my dragons in rainbow sort. I recently raised a male Vampire Dragon, but it still shows up in the hatchling section is there any way to move it? It bothers me a lot. Thanks!

Not sure if this is the appropriate section for this question, if not I apologize ^^'

But is there a difference in the egg between a Dark Green Dragon and the alt? Because on the wiki it has two separate egg pictures for them both whereas for the black and undine, the egg is just one picture. I can't tell the difference between the two eggs, so I'm just wondering if it's perhaps a mistake or if there's an actual visible egg difference?

Not sure if this is the appropriate section for this question, if not I apologize ^^'

But is there a difference in the egg between a Dark Green Dragon and the alt? Because on the wiki it has two separate egg pictures for them both whereas for the black and undine, the egg is just one picture. I can't tell the difference between the two eggs, so I'm just wondering if it's perhaps a mistake or if there's an actual visible egg difference?

There is no difference in the egg. I'm not sure why the wiki has two eggs.

Back in the "olden days" there was a difference in the eggs, both black and green, which resulted in an AP wall of non-alt eggs. wink.gif

There is no difference in the egg. I'm not sure why the wiki has two eggs.

Back in the "olden days" there was a difference in the eggs, both black and green, which resulted in an AP wall of non-alt eggs. ;)

Ah, cool XD thank you! Just wanted to be sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me lol

I think these days altness of Blacks etc. is decided upon hatching. I've seen reports from a recent downtime with data rollback where a previously hatched alt got reverted to an egg and subsequently hatched normal, non-alt.

On my scroll, I have my dragons in rainbow sort. I recently raised a male Vampire Dragon, but it still shows up in the hatchling section is there any way to move it? It bothers me a lot. Thanks!

Go save your sort again. Might prompt the vamp to move.

In the Breeding subforum, can I make a thread for a lineage that is completely personal, i.e. nobody else is involved in it besides me?

No, but there is a thread for Personal Lineage Projects.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm also not sure where TO ask.

It's about refusals, more specifically from Holiday dragons. Earlier in the year I was lucky enough to be gifted a mate for a Valentine's checker of mine. However, upon test breeding when it grew up, the pair refused each other. When this happened, I was under the impression that they would never breed again whatsoever, and thus I would need to get a new mate.

Then when Valentine's rolled around, I found that the pair COULD breed again, resulting in the Valentine's offspring. I remember reading somewhere that Holiday's don't refuse in their respective breeding periods, so I was quite surprised when they bred, and came under the impression that the could breed during the Holiday, but not any other time.

I'm now currently looking at the female non-holiday of the pair, and it's showing the mate she previously refused but accepted at Valentine's as being able to breed with her again. Is this some kind of glitch or am I missing something?

Edited by CharonDusk

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'm also not sure where TO ask.

It's about refusals, more specifically from Holiday dragons. Earlier in the year I was lucky enough to be gifted a mate for a Valentine's checker of mine. However, upon test breeding when it grew up, the pair refused each other. When this happened, I was under the impression that they would never breed again whatsoever, and thus I would need to get a new mate.

Then when Valentine's rolled around, I found that the pair COULD breed again, resulting in the Valentine's offspring. I remember reading somewhere that Holiday's don't refuse in their respective breeding periods, so I was quite surprised when they bred, and came under the impression that the could breed during the Holiday, but not any other time.

I'm now currently looking at the female non-holiday of the pair, and it's showing the mate she previously refused but accepted at Valentine's as being able to breed with her again. Is this some kind of glitch or am I missing something?

A Holiday pair that's refused can still breed during the appropriate Holiday, as refusals are temporarily shut off. The pair should continue to refuse after the Holiday ends, however; if you try to breed them again, I think they'll simply refuse again. (By all means feel free to try it, you won't hurt anything.)

A Holiday pair that's refused can still breed during the appropriate Holiday, as refusals are temporarily shut off. The pair should continue to refuse after the Holiday ends, however; if you try to breed them again, I think they'll simply refuse again. (By all means feel free to try it, you won't hurt anything.)

Yeah, I thought the same, so I tried and they did indeed refuse. At least that's that answered xd.png

This is a glitch, I (and some others) observed the same after Halloween. My pair that refused before and was able to breed during Halloween, showed as non-refused after the Holiday. I tried them just for fun as I was pretty sure they will refuse again. And of course they refused again.

As AGYK said, feel free to try yourself, it won't hurt anyone.

I am not sure where to ask. but i had noticed some "Ghost clicks"

lets say, i clicked on the egg of my friend's scroll, wich had 2 clicks.

The click takes me to the egg page, it shows 3 clicks, so i click my friends name to return to his scroll, but the egg shows only 2 clicks!?

it has happened in all scrolls i had visited, what is happening? does my clicks no longer count? if so for what reason? :c

back in 2009 i could click each egg once every day and anybody else's eggs and hatchlings every day and it would count but now it has changed?

i'd appreciate a PM as i often lose forum threads ^^'♥

--

Also, are we allowed to make a thread or is there a thread to ask for specific dragons to trade/ adopt ?

Edited by rhunen

Also, are we allowed to make a thread or is there a thread to ask for specific dragons to trade/ adopt ?

There's an entire subforum dedicated to trading/giveaways. Some threads you might be interested in are the Departures thread, where players give away dragons in a free-for-all (FFA) format; Breeding, Gifting, which allows you to request specific dragons and other players gift them to you; dragon trading thread, a generic trading thread; the rare trading center, a trading thread specifically for non-metal non-prize rares; and prize central, a thread dedicated to trading prize dragons.