Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

When does the the dragon who died from vamp bite stop counting as an egg space?

When does the the dragon who died from vamp bite stop counting as an egg space?

It stops taking an egg space 24h after the kill, like any other killed egg. The shell will disappear from your scroll after 2 weeks.

I'm not 100% sure if this is the right spot for this, but I noticed a small error on the Wiki. In the Dragon Release Timeline, where the date should say 2016 to mark the events that happened this year, it says 2015 instead.

Just thought I'd point this out so that hopefully it can be brought to the attention of someone who can fix it. smile.gif

I'm not 100% sure if this is the right spot for this, but I noticed a small error on the Wiki. In the Dragon Release Timeline, where the date should say 2016 to mark the events that happened this year, it says 2015 instead.

Just thought I'd point this out so that hopefully it can be brought to the attention of someone who can fix it. smile.gif

Try reporting it here. It's the

official Wiki thread so there's probably a higher chance someone will notice.

Though I don't see anything amiss so someone probably fixed it already. The only event listed under 2016 is the V-day release. The X-mas event happened in 2015 so it's in the right section.

Try reporting it here. It's the

official Wiki thread so there's probably a higher chance someone will notice.

Though I don't see anything amiss so someone probably fixed it already. The only event listed under 2016 is the V-day release. The X-mas event happened in 2015 so it's in the right section.

Anons can also now edit again on the wiki, so you're welcome to try editing yourself smile.gif

Where do abandoned eggs go that don't appear on the abandoned page? Wilderness? o__0

Where do abandoned eggs go that don't appear on the abandoned page? Wilderness? o__0

As far as I know there shouldn't be any abandoned eggs that don't show up on the AP. When there are a lot of eggs in the queue it can take them a long time to come to the surface, but there is really no other place for them to go.

As far as I know there shouldn't be any abandoned eggs that don't show up on the AP. When there are a lot of eggs in the queue it can take them a long time to come to the surface, but there is really no other place for them to go.

Well that's what I meant- the ones that are in the queue, where do they go? Because I've noticed that eggs in the biomes are listed as "Wild Eggs" on their view page, with a link to the wilderness. I wondered what place these queue eggs would go before getting to the AP.

Well that's what I meant- the ones that are in the queue, where do they go? Because I've noticed that eggs in the biomes are listed as "Wild Eggs" on their view page, with a link to the wilderness. I wondered what place these queue eggs would go before getting to the AP.

Limbo, I suppose. Nowhere visible.

Technically, they *are* in the AP aka "abandoned pile" - just not visible. Think of them as being buried under the 30 eggs that are visible.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Though I don't see anything amiss so someone probably fixed it already.

That would be me. smile.gif

(Such things obsess me too !)

user posted image

This is an egg that I sent to the AP yesterday. It is still in the queue. It does not show as a wild egg the way the ones from the biomes do. So I believe they are in the AP but just, as Ruby Eyes says, buried where we can't see them until we move some of the eggs that are on top of them. wink.gif

Edited by purplehaze

Them being in the AP but hidden behind lower-time eggs is probably the reason items you can grab have a string of seemingly random characters behind the code.

Them being in the AP but hidden behind lower-time eggs is probably the reason items you can grab have a string of seemingly random characters behind the code.

That extra string is meant to prevent bouncing eggs through the AP/catching via code. If you have the correct code but the extra characters are incorrect, you won't be able to get the egg.

Sometimes on threads i see a black square, kinda, with a question mark. It wasnt like that before. First i saw this on my thread. In It's comma i saw that square with the question mark. Then i see it on other threads. Is it normal? Do others see it?

Sounds like someone's using a font you don't have downloaded or a symbol not supported by the forum fonts. But a screenshot or post link might be helpful to explaining what you see.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Count me in on that, actually. And it's not just the readable parts of the forums, the odd characters actually follow into the post editor:

user posted image

yea it was normal few days ago. Didn't download or did stuff for my laptop

I'm seeing the same since yesterday, and the usual measures like cache clearing etc. didn't help at all. Browser is set to read text as Unicode, but maybe the server tells the browser something differently since yesterday?

Sounds like someone's using a font you don't have downloaded or a symbol not supported by the forum fonts. But a screenshot or post link might be helpful to explaining what you see.

I don't think so - it happened once on another forum I go to and the admin immediately said oh whoops, and fixed it. I've been getting it too - since yesterday.

I can ask her what it was did it.... though I bet TJ knows.

this from my thread.

user posted image

this was from a different thread

user posted image

Thanks! I hadn't seen this, but with your screenies, I could go search for affected posts. I am seeing what you mean now.

I'll poke TJ and see if anything changed (thanks for all the confirmation posts, too, guys). o3o

EDIT: Not sure why they're suddenly showing up, but kind of what I thought - TJ said they're just special/non-standard characters (fancy quotes, em dashes, etc.)

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Of course they are. But the thing is, until Monday, they were showing up just fine, as checkboxes, special dashes, other fancy things.

Oh, and today they look like that again (e.g. the checked boxes in my profile) - I daresay *something* got fixed. smile.gif

Of course they are. But the thing is, until Monday, they were showing up just fine, as checkboxes, special dashes, other fancy things.

Oh, and today they look like that again (e.g. the checked boxes in my profile) - I daresay *something* got fixed. smile.gif

Special characters is the only explanation I got. Regardless, I'm glad it is fixed.