Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

What is a vampire dragon worth? Or, better phrased, what would I have to offer in exchange to obtain one?

How's nothing sound? Check your PM box ;3

In general they aren't that expensive to get, the only real trouble is that if you try to make one and fail you're stuck with a dead egg taking up space for 24 hours, which obviously isn't fun.

What is a vampire dragon worth? Or, better phrased, what would I have to offer in exchange to obtain one?

There is a thread called Question about a trade? in Site Discussion where you might get a better answer.

In my experience Vampires are not terribly valuable, so shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg. In fact, I see them being given away in the Community Notice, Departures thread.

New user here and I didn't see this exactly in the FAQ. All the guides mention an AP for abandoned eggs and hatchlings, but I've only ever seen eggs in it? Do hatchlings still show up there?

New user here and I didn't see this exactly in the FAQ. All the guides mention an AP for abandoned eggs and hatchlings, but I've only ever seen eggs in it? Do hatchlings still show up there?

They do, but get scooped up really fast normally.

They do, but get scooped up really fast normally.

Oh thank you! I was wondering, so I guess I've just never seen one!

Oh thank you! I was wondering, so I guess I've just never seen one!

There are probably hundreds (if not thousands) of eggs abandoned for every hatchling that ends up in the AP, so you can go a looooooong time without ever seeing one -- and you have to be really fast to ever catch one. wink.gif

I have a dumb question. It may only be my memory, but didn't the Holiday Dragon breed descriptions used to say "They are responsible for the general cheer that spreads during the holidays. In essence, they are the Spirits of Holiday Cheer.”?

Now it says this:

user posted image

I'm very certain it used to say something about them being the spirits of cheer, or something similar. Is my brain being a jerk to me?

I have a dumb question. It may only be my memory, but didn't the Holiday Dragon breed descriptions used to say "They are responsible for the general cheer that spreads during the holidays. In essence, they are the Spirits of Holiday Cheer.”?

Now it says this:

user posted image

I'm very certain it used to say something about them being the spirits of cheer, or something similar. Is my brain being a jerk to me?

According to the wiki, it changed April 6, 2015!

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Christmas_Dragons

I think this is a really weird question, actually isn't even a question, but a curiosity.

I was in the AP (and please, i have to stop looking in the AP when i'm locked. You DON'T know what i missed!), and for the first time i saw an hatchling in the AP. Obviously i didn't make it, too fast and it was gone, but i thought something. There has been an "Hatchie Event"? I mean, a special day, for an anniversary, or something like that, where in the AP instead of dropping egg, you could only find hatchlings? I'm asking these because i think it would be nice, even if i don't know how difficult would be to set something like that.

I think this is a really weird question, actually isn't even a question, but a curiosity.

I was in the AP (and please, i have to stop looking in the AP when i'm locked. You DON'T know what i missed!), and for the first time i saw an hatchling in the AP. Obviously i didn't make it, too fast and it was gone, but i thought something. There has been an "Hatchie Event"? I mean, a special day, for an anniversary, or something like that, where in the AP instead of dropping egg, you could only find hatchlings? I'm asking these because i think it would be nice, even if i don't know how difficult would be to set something like that.

People drop hatchies from time to time, and occasionally, if an egg was in a hatchery before it was dropped, it will actually hatch in the AP (I had one like that once; it autoed, and ended up growing up wild ! I suppose someone must have picked him up and dropped him, for him to start to get views. Poor Mr Finkel.)

But I can't imagine how you could set up an event, as people will keep dropping eggs - we HAVE to be able to do that !

Edited by fuzzbucket

People drop hatchies from time to time, and occasionally, if an egg was in a hatchery before it was dropped, it will actually hatch in the AP (I had one like that once; it autoed, and ended up growing up wild ! I suppose someone mujst have picked him up and dropped him, for hm to start to get views. Poor Mr Finkel.)

But I can't imagine how you could set up an event, as people will keep dropping eggs - we HAVE to be able to do that !

No, talking about the event, i'm a totally noob speaking of coding and something like that, but i imagined something like Valentine Event, when the only eggs you could pick was a Valentine. Not forever, just like.. an event, as i said. But maybe it's a stupid idea, it just came out of the blue wink.gif

No, talking about the event, i'm a totally noob speaking of coding and something like that, but i imagined something like Valentine Event, when the only eggs you could pick was a Valentine. Not forever, just like.. an event, as i said. But maybe it's a stupid idea, it just came out of the blue wink.gif

It's not a stupid idea - but I just can't see how it could be done - we HAVE to be able to drop things, so....

All the eggs in the AP are ones players abandon, even during the holidays. They are all user bred eggs, the game doesn't make eggs for the AP. So you'd have to get a lot of players together and they would all have to drop hatchlings at the same time. But I don't see that working to make a hatchling wall. They are picked up way too fast.

How long does fertility work for? Used it while egglocked.

I think it works until you breed the dragon.

Edit: Now I'm second guessing myself? Does it stick?

Edited by toyofubl

I think it works until you breed the dragon.

Edit: Now I'm second guessing myself? Does it stick?

It definitely sticks for a while, because I've gone to try to use fertility on a dragon after some days or maybe even weeks only to find it grayed out in the selection list as already, er, fertilized? en-fertiled?

So I think it does stick until you breed the dragon, and the Wiki agrees.

All the eggs in the AP are ones players abandon, even during the holidays. They are all user bred eggs

No, you can abandon CB eggs too. I've gotten many abandoned CB Eggs in the AP. Misclicks, sometimes even nice people will grab and toss, just for those not as fast.

No, you can abandon CB eggs too. I've gotten many abandoned CB Eggs in the AP. Misclicks, sometimes even nice people will grab and toss, just for those not as fast.

Yes indeed. I can't count the number I have misclicked and dumped.

Send a PM to one of the mods. Probably a global mod is best -- Sock or _Z_.

It seems like I'm always on this thread! Sorry, hahah. Anyway, how often do the moons of DC change? I want to be able to keep up so I can keep collecting lunar heralds! Thanks in advance to anyone who responds smile.gif

It seems like I'm always on this thread! Sorry, hahah. Anyway, how often do the moons of DC change? I want to be able to keep up so I can keep collecting lunar heralds! Thanks in advance to anyone who responds smile.gif

You can find a chart here: http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Lunar_Herald looks like most phases last 4 days.

This thread has a lot of resources for tracking the moons: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=170693 Shokomon also tries to post when phases change, so maaaaybe subscribe to the thread?