Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Nothing to the actual sprites. I was thinking about making pygmy egg sized versions of the ones for breeds I've used in lineages for my signature or a list to make things line up better. (They'd be done from scratch, but I'm not sure if that would count as derivative work or sprite edits.) If I can't do that, though, I'll just try to think of different ways to represent them.

Ah, okay! Sounds cute. Yeah, I would poke the adult/hatchie artists. ^^

So this is incredibly early but, does hween breeding last a week or just a day? I know the eggs only drop for a day.

So this is incredibly early but, does hween breeding last a week or just a day? I know the eggs only drop for a day.

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=171504

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=164353

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=142600

As well, you can check past events in the calendar. You can change the month/year at the bottom of the calendar.

Breeding lasts for a week.

You have to actually view ones which you haven't viewed before - in each phase of their beauty. Leaving a page open won't do it - you have to CLICK on them for them to count. And no - the egg won't count towards views of the hatchies/adults till it is at least a hatchie, and you would have to view it in the correct time phase for it to count towards that time. (and hatchies don't count as they don't colour up.)

I also want to thank you for this incredibly helpful post.

Also, after a certain amount of time (I think two weeks), you can re-view the same adult and have it count.

I also feel better for only being at 53 adult views and only having one sprite pair to open… (Since I had no idea what time to look, I was missing the windows on the one that is 4-5 a.m. and 6-7 a.m. for me… I had insomnia one or two nights and caught the others by chance…)

I remember TJ saying that a minimum of 30 days has to pass between clicks to count for another observation.

So I'm working on a fansite right now (not a clicksite, more of a story-thing) and want to tell people about it so they know about it. But it's probably going to be ages before it's finished!

I'd like to know a couple of things. First of all, if it were finished, could I put it in the fansites section? Again, it's not a clicksite, but a text-based adventure, basically.

Second of all, how would I tell people before it's finished? I'm afraid that an empty post for a thing that doesn't exist yet might be considered spam.

Why do you want to tell people before there's anything to see?

Do you hope for input? Maybe you can at least make a dummy site that gives an idea what you're planning, and use that to start a thread in the Fansites section, along with an explanation that this is a work in progress.

Then you could use that thread to communicate with interested users and to post updates as they come?

(I'm no expert on the Fansites section, but I don't think this would be considered spam.)

Can anyone tell me what happened to my profile? There are weird characters..

It was originally words in my language and part of them were symbol(?)s like stars, hearts, which I found it easier to note down some details about my breeding. But now, it changed to unknown characters sad.gif

You probably changed something in your profile last week, on 1st or 2nd of March when character encoding was wonky. You'll need to change them back manually - if you store your profile now, it'll stay the way you entered it.

I have no idea when was my last update, well anyways it sounds good that I can change it back. Thank you for answering!

I swear i tried to answer my question looking around before posting, but i didn't find it (the fact that i need to sleep but i can't should be an alibi if i missed it). By the Way, a tiny question: can you incubate an egg twice?

What are the freezing limits? I was under the impression it was 16 in two weeks for gold trophy.

It is indeed.

https://dragcave.net/help/actions#freeze

Freeze

Unfrozen hatchlings.

Can be performed 10 times per 2 weeks.

The Freeze action allows you to prevent a hatchling from becoming an adult. A frozen hatchling will cease to accumulate views, unique views, and clicks.

Yes _Z_ - but as socky agreed the other day, in this very thread,

here's her post

the help page is wrong and she has asked TJ to edit - it shows the basic limit, but if you have a gold, as I think you do - look what it says if you actually go to freeze a hatchie. From pretending I was about to, I just got this:

Freeze

Permanently prevent the hatchling from maturing into an adult. (You can use this action 16 more times before you must wait for a few weeks)

Edited by fuzzbucket

Thanks fuzzbucket, I'll check and see if its in the reports.

Was a reason ever given for why Tinsels and Shimmerscales don't have any custom descriptions (as far as hatchies and adults go anyway)?

Was a reason ever given for why Tinsels and Shimmerscales don't have any custom descriptions (as far as hatchies and adults go anyway)?

Shimmers have breed descriptions, both hatchies and adults.

For tinsels, the creator simply couldn't come up with one so chose to leave it blank.

For tinsels, the creator simply couldn't come up with one so chose to leave it blank.

She also wanted to leave people plenty of room to be creative and imagine them how they wanted to. I think it was a great idea for prizes. Tbh, I'm bummed that shimmers got a description. xP

Oops, I only saw Tinsels lacked them, didn't check Shimmers as I thought it was a Prize breed thing tongue.gif Thanks for explanations, that's pretty neat!

Shimmers were originally intended to be regular dragons (they would have been blue like Jewel) so that's why they have a description. Tinsel's were always intended to be prizes I believe.

I could use tips for using Splash and getting the Magikarp Badge. Does having multiple Shallow Water help? Do they stack? Or is it one use a day regardless of which SW I use?

edit: Oh cool! Thanks!

Edited by Stormypulse

I could use tips for using Splash and getting the Magikarp Badge. Does having multiple Shallow Water help? Do they stack? Or is it one use a day regardless of which SW I use?

It takes about 100 splashes to get the badge. Splash with each of your Shallow Waters each day. If you have one Shallow Water it will take about 100 days. If you splash with each of 4 Shallow Waters every day, it will take about 25 days. More Shallow Waters=more splashes. More splashes=Fewer days.