Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I do. Still annoying. xd.png

I assume it is intended to make spamming more difficult, but I agree it can be a pain.

What happens to a lineage when you kill the dragon? For example, I kill a dragons kid. Then I go on the parent, would it show the dead dragons gravestone? Would it disappear after a while? (The link to the dead child not the headstone)

What happens to a lineage when you kill the dragon? For example, I kill a dragons kid. Then I go on the parent, would it show the dead dragons gravestone? Would it disappear after a while? (The link to the dead child not the headstone)

I may be mistaken, but if it's just an offspring (child of) a dragon, killing said child would only be viewable in progeny view or if you were looking at the lineage of the killed dragon. There will be a tombstone to represent the dead dragon. If you were to kill a parent dragon though, that would show up in the child's lineage view.

I may be mistaken, but if it's just an offspring (child of) a dragon, killing said child would only be viewable in progeny view or if you were looking at the lineage of the killed dragon. There will be a tombstone to represent the dead dragon. If you were to kill a parent dragon though, that would show up in the child's lineage view.

Lets' find out! Mwaahahha

Oh man that killing text is so sad. sad.gif

Most likely you get this because the site registered two breeding attempts. I sometimes have that because the mouse I use has a slight defect where one click is registered as two. The first one initiates the breeding, and the second one gets the "has recently bred" message because the first click registered as the breeding. If you use a mouse, this could be a source of the problem. If not, maybe you double-clicked the breeding link?

It happened again just now. This is what it looks like:

user posted image

It happened again just now.  This is what it looks like: 

<snip>

Looks like a caching issue. Alternately, if the egg image contains "ad" anywhere within its URL, your adblocker may be eating it.

Edited by AGYK

Actually, this has been reported by multiple users who happen to have that new experimental layout - that one seems a bit bugged still.

Hmmm. I use that layout, St. Patricks Day, and I've never had that problem. Interesting.

It seems to happen to people using the new view page. I reported the issue earlier and Sock said TJ is aware of it. Unfortunately there's nothing that we can do except to wait for a fix.

Hmmm. I use that layout, St. Patricks Day, and I've never had that problem. Interesting.

Not St Pat's; the new layout that has nasty little symbols on the hatchie page and stuff.

Here's an image posted by someone.

user posted image

But you can see the change to the layout and the extra symbols. It's also mentioned in this thread

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=172974

Mercifully I don't have it - yet anyway. And sock posted somewhere in this thread that there are issues with it.

As well as it being NASTY mad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

It isn't by box; it's all your PMs together - in, sent, saved and any other folders you have - and it's a total of 200. It says at the bottom of the page - you have x messages out of a total of 200 allowed.

It isn't by box; it's all your PMs together - in, sent, saved and any other folders you have - and it's a total of 200. It says at the bottom of the page - you have x messages out of a total of 200 allowed.

Oh boy, did I fill out my ID 10 T form already today?? Thank you fuzzbucket! I feel so stupid right now. sad.gif

Note the fullness bar at the top of your messaging area will say "100%" already at 199 messages. At 200 messages, you'll additionally get FULL! where it otherwise would say "x New Messages" in the top right area on any given page of the forum.

Oh boy, did I fill out my ID 10 T form already today?? Thank you fuzzbucket! I feel so stupid right now. sad.gif

I only know this because I keep hitting it xd.png I always think 250, as that's what it is on the other forum where I get a lot of PMs, and....

Edited by fuzzbucket

I wonder if anyone else noticed that the limit for signatures is actually shorter than what it says. 1024? Pff no, you get 1013.

Depends on the BBcode you use. The effective size in the forum database is slightly bigger than what you've put into that box.

Is it intended that we only can count up to 32767 in Legacy Custom Sort? I typed in 99999 and the number was set back to 32767.

Sames happens if i type in 45128. dry.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle

Is it intended that we only can count up to 32767 in Legacy Custom Sort? I typed in 99999 and the number was set back to 32767.

Sames happens if i type in 45128.  dry.gif

You may have hit a limit in the code. A signed short int can hold values from −32,768 to 32,767. I'm mildly surprised TJ isn't using a bigger datatype, though.

Ah, thank you!

Yeah, there will be the time were we are in need or a bigger datatype like the codes are five-digit and not four-digit like they were in the past. (Before my time on DC.)

Sames happens if i type in 45128. dry.gif

I wonder if that is going to be a problem when we get that high for a dragon count on our scrolls.

Not that any of us are even close to 32k, but we will be there someday.

I wonder if that is going to be a problem when we get that high for a dragon count on our scrolls.

Not that any of us are even close to 32k, but we will be there someday.

More than likely TJ would just change the datatype if we ever reach that point. There are plenty of integer forms that have much more space. A signed long int would be able to hold up to 2 billion. Even an unsigned short int would be able to hold 65k.

When can't you influence an egg? Is it under 3 days?

Eggs with over 3 days left can be influenced

I'd like to emphasize on the fact that eggs at exactly 3 days cannot be influenced either. I noticed when the trader of Inixi let the timer run down to 3 days before finally accepting my offer, and then it was too late. dry.gif