Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

If you breed a non-holiday to a holiday during the holiday period, do they still have a chance to refuse outside of the holiday breeding period when they've already been bred?

If you breed a non-holiday to a holiday during the holiday period, do they still have a chance to refuse outside of the holiday breeding period when they've already been bred?

Yes. Refusals are turned off during the respective holiday window, but the same pair can refuse outside of said window.

There's someone trading a 2G Tinsel "egg."

1) There isn't one on their scroll.

2) They are not a Prize winner.

Is this something reportable as being a scam? Or should I not jump to conclusions?

Is this something reportable as being a scam? Or should I not jump to conclusions?

I'd PM them and ask first. I know there's been times I've had pending IOUs from highly reliable players and went around offering them for trade before I'd actually gotten them because 1) I trusted my IOUer and 2) I was confident that even if things went south I could still get what I needed elsewhere. It's possible they're doing something similar, or even have a friend / family member who is backing the trade. Again, I'd ask first, see how they respond and then proceed from there.

I'd ask where it is, myself.

I'd PM them and ask first. I know there's been times I've had pending IOUs from highly reliable players and went around offering them for trade before I'd actually gotten them because 1) I trusted my IOUer and 2) I was confident that even if things went south I could still get what I needed elsewhere. It's possible they're doing something similar, or even have a friend / family member who is backing the trade. Again, I'd ask first, see how they respond and then proceed from there.

Oh, I see. I never thought that as a possibility. I hope it is the case this time, 'cause I want it. tongue.gif

I'd ask where it is, myself.

I did shoot them a PM asking.

Sometimes I'll be egglocked, but my daughter will hold an egg for me so I can trade it. I'm sure that happens a lot here.

Sometimes I'll be egglocked, but my daughter will hold an egg for me so I can trade it. I'm sure that happens a lot here.

I should have thought about this, too, since my family members hold stuff for me too.

Yep, shouldn't jump to conclusions. laugh.gif

Forum appears to be badly lagging again...

I just want to make sure that nobody's family member's or friend's scroll exists simply to hold your eggs because that is considered multi'ing. If they do use their own scroll and just offer to help you out, that's fine.

Doesn't have to be a family member, it could just be a simple pending trade. I've considered stacking up 2g prize IOUs just to use as trade fodder for other things.

Also, trading the 2g in IOU form is cleaner than waiting for the actual egg to arrive, imo, since it allows for mate changes. Some people only want to trade for 2gs if they can control the mate, so waiting until you have the actual egg is foolish if you plan to interact with someone like that (or think there's a possibility of interacting with someone like that).

When I breed an egg, I get the same page as always that says, "The two dragons have successfully bred an egg," and I get the images of the two parents, but no image of the egg. I have to go back to my scroll to see which egg I got. Is it just me? It came along with the other format/layout changes, which have since gone back and forth but settled out almost the same as before, but it doesn't seem like a deliberate change (or I can't figure out why it would be).

Edit: Aaand, now it's working. I guess all I had to do was post?

Edited by sylviamaris

I've never contacted a CB Prize owner and thought I'd never do that (I think it must be annoying for them).

But now I've seen there's a numbers only CB Tinsel and I'd like to contact the owner and offer them another CB numbers only hatchling in trade.

But I don't know who owns that Tinsel and of course therefore can't send them a PM.

Question: Is there a way to find out who it is? Or is there a thread that CB Prize owners might look into where I can post? Is there any other possibility you might suggest? Thanks for your help.

This is the one in question: ~Removed just because I know prize owners get harassed, so please don't post a dragon you don't own without permission~

And this is what I'd offer in exchange for a 2nd Gen TinselKIN http://dragcave.net/lineage/80560

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I've never contacted a CB Prize owner and thought I'd never do that (I think it must be annoying for them).

But now I've seen there's a numbers only CB Tinsel and I'd like to contact the owner and offer them another CB numbers only hatchling in trade.

But I don't know who owns that Tinsel and of course therefore can't send them a PM.

Question: Is there a way to find out who it is? Or is there a thread that CB Prize owners might look into where I can post? Is there any other possibility you might suggest? Thanks for your help.

This is the one in question:

And this is what I'd offer in exchange for a 2nd Gen TinselKIN http://dragcave.net/lineage/80560

The only thing I can suggest is the PRIZE CENTRAL thread. You can't POST there but you could look !

At least the owner is still active !

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I actually just went and tested, since I use breed sort anyway so a messed-up custom sort wouldn't hurt me.

1. Breed sort active.

2. Turned on custom sort (not alternate custom sort, just custom sort).

3. Dragged a few things around, noted where I left them.

4. Saved custom sort.

5. Returned to sort settings and refreshed my scroll. Custom sort now active.

6. Went back to sort settings, turned on breed sort and refreshed my scroll. Breed sort now active.

7. Went back to custom sort. Even though breed sort was still active, the dragon order shown in the custom sort window was exactly the same as I'd had it when custom sort was active.

I did that again once or twice more to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and it does seem custom sort saves your dragon order even if you switch to a different sorting method.

Thanks for trying biggrin.gif

I use alternative custom sort ~ hopefully that one stays saved too if I suddenly decide to switch sorting options ninja.gif

When I breed an egg, I get the same page as always that says, "The two dragons have successfully bred an egg," and I get the images of the two parents, but no image of the egg. I have to go back to my scroll to see which egg I got. Is it just me? It came along with the other format/layout changes, which have since gone back and forth but settled out almost the same as before, but it doesn't seem like a deliberate change (or I can't figure out why it would be).

Edit: Aaand, now it's working. I guess all I had to do was post?

Most likely you get this because the site registered two breeding attempts. I sometimes have that because the mouse I use has a slight defect where one click is registered as two. The first one initiates the breeding, and the second one gets the "has recently bred" message because the first click registered as the breeding. If you use a mouse, this could be a source of the problem. If not, maybe you double-clicked the breeding link?

Put a BIG red notice in your signature. I have done that and had responses and I have responded to people looking for some of my lineages.

Doesn't always result in a trade but I've actually had pretty good success with getting communication going doing this.

hello there smile.gif my question is-if I use an 'Incubate' on an egg and then trade it, will it still have a day less to hatch? Or does this function get erased with an egg leaving a scroll? I think I knew an answer to that, but I am not sure. Thanks wink.gif

Edited by ewi122

hello there smile.gif my question is-if I use an 'Incubate' on an egg and then trade it, will it still have a day less to hatch? Or does this function get erased with an egg leaving a scroll? I think I knew an answer to that, but I am not sure. Thanks wink.gif

Influence and Incubate are both erased when the egg leaves your scroll. Don't Incubate something you're trading unless you plan to trade it as a hatchie.

Influence and Incubate are both erased when the egg leaves your scroll. Don't Incubate something you're trading unless you plan to trade it as a hatchie.

thank you for the quick answer! wub.gif

Is there a way to post one message to multiple people, or did we get rid of that?

I ask because after 3 years, I finally got a 2nd gen silver shim x water to replace the one a certain person reneged on, and I want to let the people still on my list to make sure they are still interested.

Can I do that or must I do it individually? (I hope not).

Sadly you cannot. Only mods and group accounts have the ability to send the same message to multiple people at once.

Crap on a cracker. sigh. Ok, best get to typing then.... sad.gif

Crap on a cracker. sigh. Ok, best get to typing then.... sad.gif

Type the first. Copy/paste the rest! xd.png

Type the first. Copy/paste the rest! xd.png

I do. Still annoying. xd.png